500 Million Lines of Code

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Batboy2/75
Starship Trooper

Re: 500 Million Lines of Code

Post by Batboy2/75 »

Arms are the only true badge of liberty. The possession of arms is the distinction of the free man from the slave.

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbrMHLJI-HA[/youtube]

2k-- the difference between your new insurance policy and the old sub-standard one that provided what you needed, that is obviously.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Batboy2/75
Starship Trooper

Post by Batboy2/75 »

Arms are the only true badge of liberty. The possession of arms is the distinction of the free man from the slave.

Batboy2/75
Starship Trooper

Post by Batboy2/75 »

Batboy2/75
Starship Trooper

Post by Batboy2/75 »

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

This is what you get when you put a guy in charge of the nation who would have a hard time running a successful Toastmasters club.

What has this guy DONE? What has this guy RUN?

He's a lawyer...whoo hoo.

Didn't he teach law for a couple of years...whoo hoo.

Community organizer...wow, you placed slips of paper underneath windshield wiper blades...whoo hoo.

One term Senator from Illinois who never voted for anything besides "present"...whoo hoo.

The guy is probably smart enough and is damn sure charismatic enough to lead, but leader's are born of experience. He doesn't even know enough to surround himself with a great team, and he has been repeatedly outed as man who listens to no one's counsel save for his own. So, the team doesn't matter even if they knew what the fuck they were doing...they are basically a band of sycophants who share similar political philosophies that ring sweetly in this Prez's ear.

Incompetence is one thing, but then you sprinkle that with arrogance and trust issues...this meltdown doesn't even compare to the Carter administration...this is Nixonesque to say the least.

kreator

Post by kreator »

Batboy2/75 wrote:Image

Liberalism summed up in two sentences.
Bwaahaha that's amazing. This thread is gold now.

Batboy2/75
Starship Trooper

Post by Batboy2/75 »

Oh where, oh where are our resident leftists?

I can still remember the posts by Spells extolling the virtues of Obama "The Anointed One" "The Light Bringer" "The Transcendent Demi-god" that would usher the USA into a golden age. Like a never ending coke commercial with everyone singing hippie songs about peace and harmony.

They'll slink back eventually. Complete with new talking points and reasons it's not their Demi-gods fault.

I know one thing. The National Dems better start breaking legs in Olympia WA or this state might just go Red for the first time since Bush the Elder.

Batboy2/75
Starship Trooper

Post by Batboy2/75 »

Yep, Obamacare is like a 747 that has crashed into the DNC headquarters. Problem is there are more planes on their way for the democrats.

911 type panic at the DNC

They may be able to paper over this fiasco in the short term. They did get the Demi-god re-elected after all. However, it still doesn't change the fact Obaamacare is going to take down close to 20% of the economy.

The chickens are coming home to roost.

Batboy2/75
Starship Trooper

Post by Batboy2/75 »

Batboy2/75
Starship Trooper

Post by Batboy2/75 »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69Eofh-aZRI[/youtube]

Classic.

Old mary is going to regret those words. I'd just replay that clip over and over and over, if I was her opponent.

Batboy2/75
Starship Trooper

Post by Batboy2/75 »

No you can not keep your plan peons! You all got bamboozled and you're going to stay Bamboozled!

Not to mention, if any of these "keep your plan" pieces of legislation pass, the whole system comes crashing down.

The wages of sin....

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

Economy Not Fixed, Another Crisis Brewing

Peter Morici@pmorici1

Even Wal-Mart is too expensive for recession battered America.

Everyday low prices are no longer enough—middle class consumers are fleeing to Dollar Stores to stretch shrinking paychecks. Yet, Democratic politicians and economists who fashioned their failed policies tell us the economy is on the mend.

Janet Yellen at her confirmation hearing bragged that the economy has created 7.8 million new jobs, and assured Senators it’s just a matter of time before the Federal Reserve stops printing money to purchase $85 billion in government debt. Incidentally this funds President Obama’s stimulus spending and reckless expansion of government into health care.

She reassures us that Fed policymakers are just waiting for the right moment. That may be when hell freezes over, because Mr. Obama’s spending and borrowing are visiting Eurosclerosis on America: slow growth, high youth unemployment and a level of debt that will force presidents in the next decade to either dry dock the Navy and stand down the army to pay all the interest and the entitlements he has created.

Washington will have to dramatically curtail most federal spending for road building, medical research, education and support for law enforcement to maintain the barest levels of government administration.
Welcome to Italy or worse Detroit’s woes, generalized across America, where it takes nearly an hour to summons police in an emergency.

Since unemployment peaked at 10 percent in 2009, the economy has grown at a paltry 2.3 percent annual rate. By way of contrast, unemployment peaked at nearly 11 percent for Ronald Reagan, and over the same period as the current recovery he delivered 4.9 percent growth and 12 million new jobs.

College graduates driving taxis during the Carter years found bright new futures and ultimately gave us the New Economy of the Clinton presidency.

Reagan tackled ailments that besieged the country, whereas Obama ducks the economic challenges that hold back growth—a dollar that is overvalued, government regulations shutting down new oil and gas offshore and on the North Slope, and business regulations that are more burdensome than effective.

Dodd-Frank is forcing small and regional banks to sell out to their larger brethren who take the virtually free money the Fed is stuffing on their balance sheets to gamble and worse. Consider JP Morgan’s mammoth losses in the London Whale trading debacle—and criminal activities. Many of its executives, and perhaps the bank itself, face criminal indictment according to the recent settlement of civil and regulatory claims with the Justice Department.

Economists across the spectrum propose reasonable solutions to the problems of Chinese and Japanese currency manipulation that swell U.S. store shelves and car showrooms with artificially-cheap, subsidized goods and steal jobs from American workers.

Printing lots of money and dolling out Medicaid and health insurance subsidies to families earning up to $100,000 a year, funneling money to states to hire more unionized workers to reliably vote Democrat, and standing idle while the IRS terrorizes conservatives who criticize the president’s policies won’t fix what’s broke.

The combination is a prescription for the decline, distain and despair that gave Europe fascism in the 1930s, and if the Democrats beat down the middle class enough, don’t think it can’t happen here.

American democracy has always stood on a foundation of individual initiative, personal responsibility, and prosperity. Those are going away as Barack Obama changes America.

Peter Morici is an economist and professor at the Smith School of Business, University of Maryland School, and a widely published columnist.

Peter Morici
Professor
Robert H. Smith School of Business
University of Maryland
College Park, MD 20742-1815

Batboy2/75
Starship Trooper

Post by Batboy2/75 »

Kazuya Mishima wrote:Economy Not Fixed, Another Crisis Brewing

Peter Morici@pmorici1

Even Wal-Mart is too expensive for recession battered America.

Everyday low prices are no longer enough—middle class consumers are fleeing to Dollar Stores to stretch shrinking paychecks. Yet, Democratic politicians and economists who fashioned their failed policies tell us the economy is on the mend.

Janet Yellen at her confirmation hearing bragged that the economy has created 7.8 million new jobs, and assured Senators it’s just a matter of time before the Federal Reserve stops printing money to purchase $85 billion in government debt. Incidentally this funds President Obama’s stimulus spending and reckless expansion of government into health care.

She reassures us that Fed policymakers are just waiting for the right moment. That may be when hell freezes over, because Mr. Obama’s spending and borrowing are visiting Eurosclerosis on America: slow growth, high youth unemployment and a level of debt that will force presidents in the next decade to either dry dock the Navy and stand down the army to pay all the interest and the entitlements he has created.

Washington will have to dramatically curtail most federal spending for road building, medical research, education and support for law enforcement to maintain the barest levels of government administration.
Welcome to Italy or worse Detroit’s woes, generalized across America, where it takes nearly an hour to summons police in an emergency.

Since unemployment peaked at 10 percent in 2009, the economy has grown at a paltry 2.3 percent annual rate. By way of contrast, unemployment peaked at nearly 11 percent for Ronald Reagan, and over the same period as the current recovery he delivered 4.9 percent growth and 12 million new jobs.

College graduates driving taxis during the Carter years found bright new futures and ultimately gave us the New Economy of the Clinton presidency.

Reagan tackled ailments that besieged the country, whereas Obama ducks the economic challenges that hold back growth—a dollar that is overvalued, government regulations shutting down new oil and gas offshore and on the North Slope, and business regulations that are more burdensome than effective.

Dodd-Frank is forcing small and regional banks to sell out to their larger brethren who take the virtually free money the Fed is stuffing on their balance sheets to gamble and worse. Consider JP Morgan’s mammoth losses in the London Whale trading debacle—and criminal activities. Many of its executives, and perhaps the bank itself, face criminal indictment according to the recent settlement of civil and regulatory claims with the Justice Department.

Economists across the spectrum propose reasonable solutions to the problems of Chinese and Japanese currency manipulation that swell U.S. store shelves and car showrooms with artificially-cheap, subsidized goods and steal jobs from American workers.

Printing lots of money and dolling out Medicaid and health insurance subsidies to families earning up to $100,000 a year, funneling money to states to hire more unionized workers to reliably vote Democrat, and standing idle while the IRS terrorizes conservatives who criticize the president’s policies won’t fix what’s broke.

The combination is a prescription for the decline, distain and despair that gave Europe fascism in the 1930s, and if the Democrats beat down the middle class enough, don’t think it can’t happen here.

American democracy has always stood on a foundation of individual initiative, personal responsibility, and prosperity. Those are going away as Barack Obama changes America.

Peter Morici is an economist and professor at the Smith School of Business, University of Maryland School, and a widely published columnist.

Peter Morici
Professor
Robert H. Smith School of Business
University of Maryland
College Park, MD 20742-1815

If they measured unemployment like they should, the rate would by 14-15%. The labor participation rate is in the toilet.

But hey, look forward to your FUNEMPLOYMENT. Become a hipster! Move into your parents garage or a broken fown school bus if you have a family. Get a Federal governemnt backed education loan and then go to clown college or learn to be a community organizer like your demi-god idol. Maybe beg at highway on ramps? Think of the time you could send with your kids? Nothing like watching mom and dad beg for spare change.

Don't you worry! The Democrat party and their "light bringer" demi-god will make sure you get just enough to scrape by! Aren't equal outcomes wonderful?

Batboy2/75
Starship Trooper

Post by Batboy2/75 »

And way out of left field; The Republicans forget to take their stupid PIlls! Rubio introduces bill to strip Insurance Companies of the blank check Dems wrote them!

Man, how does the wheel turn! This can always change, but for now it looks like weeks and months of "Death by a Thousand Cuts" for the Democrat Party. Pretty soon the President will be telling dem voters "If you like your Democrat Senator or Congressman, you can keep your Democrat Senator or Congressman. PERIOD!

Batboy2/75
Starship Trooper

Post by Batboy2/75 »

Batboy2/75
Starship Trooper

Post by Batboy2/75 »

Batboy2/75
Starship Trooper

Post by Batboy2/75 »

Batboy2/75
Starship Trooper

Post by Batboy2/75 »

Batboy2/75
Starship Trooper

Post by Batboy2/75 »

“the common people know what they want and deserve to get it, good and hard.”

Batboy2/75
Starship Trooper

Post by Batboy2/75 »

buckethead
Sergeant Commanding

Post by buckethead »

Bats, are you having a breakdown?

Batboy2/75
Starship Trooper

Post by Batboy2/75 »

Just enjoying the Schadenfreude.

Plus, I had very light Thursday and Friday work wise.

I'd be more concerned for your local democratic party Congressman or Senortor.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

So Bats, did you think the status quo was AOK? Or was change needed, but not this change? If so, then what? A regulated market for private companies with an enforced stream of customers was a conservative idea. Before it wasn't.

I wasn't a fan of it, hoped it would be found unconstitutional due to the mandate, but didn't want it to fail just to prove a point. Smacks too much of peaceniks barely suppressing delight at the body count in Iraq.
Don’t believe everything you think.

Batboy2/75
Starship Trooper

Post by Batboy2/75 »

nafod wrote:So Bats, did you think the status quo was AOK? Or was change needed, but not this change? If so, then what? A regulated market for private companies with an enforced stream of customers was a conservative idea. Before it wasn't.

I wasn't a fan of it, hoped it would be found unconstitutional due to the mandate, but didn't want it to fail just to prove a point. Smacks too much of peaceniks barely suppressing delight at the body count in Iraq.

The problem is government interferance in the private market. Healthcare was heavily regulated and fucked with, before Obamacare.The exchanges were not a conservative idea. It was the idea of a small subset of so called conservatives. Now they are really fucked- they can only sell Government approved plans and need to rob peter to pay paul. Obamacare is nothing more than half baked socialism. So badly constructed that it didn't last a day. At least the English and Canadian models took years to develop problems. That's American gangster socialism for you; we go big on everything!

What we call insurance is not insurance. If your car insurance was designed like health insurance, 90% of us couldn't afford to drive cars.

As for the Iraq bit; apples and oranges and you know it. For example, image if someone voted for a president who promised them that the USA would invade Iraq and that someone else would do the fighting. That president is elected. Then to the voters surprise they find out they are being drafted and sent to Iraq. Then they post something along the lines of "I was all for invading Iraq, but I thought someone else would do the dying and fight?". That would be an apples to apples comparison.

My spite is reserved for those that were too stupid or too smug to realize this train wreck was coming down on them.

Fuck the Dems and their dupes. They voted for, now live with it.
Last edited by Batboy2/75 on Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:24 am, edited 3 times in total.