Biden’s America: 200,000,000 vaccine shots in 100 days

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Biden’s America: 200,000,000 vaccine shots in 100 days

Post by baffled »

nafod wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:49 pm My wife got her 2nd Pfizer, and minimal side effects two days out.
I'm going to be curious to see why the Moderna injections seemed to cause such significant side effects, while the Pfizer hasn't.

If the Moderna ends up being more effective at not just preventing severe infection, but any infection, it'll be worth it for at risk people and worth enduring a few days of not feeling well. If not, then why would anyone get it?

Still waiting for the J&J to show up for me
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman

lasalle

Post by lasalle »

Had the Moderna #2 last Wednesday. Shot #1 was a non-event. Felt fine-worked out and lifted that night.

Wednesday post-shot felt ok, then woke up in the middle of the night feeling kind of out of it. Thursday early felt a bit woozy. Then, at about hour 24 it came on strong. Fever, aches, dizzy. Lasted all the way into Friday. Spent Friday doing a little email but mostly napping.

By Saturday felt well enough to work out. Today (Sunday) feel about 98%, with a little residual headache. If this is the vaccine, I sure as fuck don't want COVID.

tl;dr Moderna kicked my ass

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

Anyone find it mind boggling how stupid the pause on the J&J vaccine is? It doesn't need deep refrigeration, making it easier to distribute to rush areas, it's a one shot deal of a more traditional type of vaccine.

For a literal one in a million chance for a dangerous blood clot. Why not put an advisory on it or age and gender restrict it?

For people on the fence, I can't see then suddenly becoming pro vaccine here.
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman