Covid news

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Covid news

Post by nafod »

Fat Cat wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:11 pm
nafod wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:38 pm we’ve killed an extra (preventable) few hundred thousand
You can't actually be that retarded and still hold a job. "We" did not kill a motherfucking thing. Just admit that you know nothing and that all of your conclusions were utter garbage and then remain silent for the rest of your life. Consider:

- People over 74 are more than half of those who died. The average age of mortality from all causes is lower than the average age of death from 'rona.

- People under 50 are just 6.7% of all those who died.

- The only people who should be getting vaccinated are those with risk factors, and those over 65. And anyone who wants it. But 99.999% of the rest of the people would be better off getting infected and recovering naturally.

Source: https://www.statista.com/statistics/119 ... by-age-us/
Retarded to the power of 50, but I guess it is hard for you to see the problem when you are part of the problem.

Some facts:
1. There are other adverse outcomes than death. About 7% of Covid patients end up in the hospital, which means you're pretty fucked up in the first place (blood O2 in the 80% range). And long covid is a real thing, which includes stuff like brain fog, a nice way phrase for cognitive impairment = brain damage.

2. Covid impacts more than the people it infects. I got to enjoy a 2 hour drive to get an MRI on Tuesday, because my 5 minute away hospital is closed for procedures like that due to it being full of unvaccinated morons with covid. It closed to the ER for a period last week, as the morons poured in. It's been that way up and down across the country for two years. Every unvaxxed moron who gets Covid should go die in a cave.

3. Pandemic 101: it's a community problem that takes collective action. It we fail in the response (we have) then it is a collective failure.

An example of collective failure is this woman of magnificent moronitude being called to testify as an expert witness by her fellow morons in the legislature of Ohio. I know you've been vaccinated, so you're smart enough to not be influenced by such stupidity, but there's a lot of lemmings will to follow her off a cliff, into the hospital, the ICU, intubated, and into a body bag.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watc ... eople?rl=1

Don’t believe everything you think.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Covid news

Post by Fat Cat »

nafod wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:42 pm Covid impacts more than the people it infects.
Yes it does. It affects all of the people who have lost their jobs. It affects the children with cognitive deficits because of absence of proper activity and education. it affects small business people because of forced closures. It affects me because I have to remind gullible twerps like you that this disease has a CFR of ~0.0196%. So we should all do our part to contract Omicron as quickly as possible and send the pharmaceutical companies packing.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Covid news

Post by nafod »

Since the vaccine came out, and especially since Delta hit, it's been like this at every hospital out there. Just so-fucking-stupid that people are filling up hospitals and dying unnecessarily like this. Couldn't they at least go die in a cave and not seek medical help from the same people they blew off when the vaccine showed up? Go inject their horse dewormer in a barn?

Vaccinated people who are encouraging others to stay unvaccinated on ideological principles...they remind me of Islamic mullahs convincing everyone else to strap on bombs for martyrdom actions.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Covid news

Post by nafod »

More proof of the stupidity and selfishness of the unvaccinated.

Wild Bill
Sergeant Commanding

Covid news

Post by Wild Bill »

Hi all!

I was ill with covid. Two days temperature was 37.5C ​​- 37.8C. On third day temperature became normal.
If not for the loss of smell, I would have thought it was a common cold.

The only thing was, after the temperature became normal, I quickly got tired for another week.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Covid news

Post by Fat Cat »

Glad you're doing well, Bill. We're all gonna get it soon enough. Thanks, China!
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Covid news

Post by nafod »

Wild Bill wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:14 pm Two days temperature was 37.5C ​​- 37.8C.
How many hectares is that?

Glad you're on the mend, shipmate.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Covid news

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

Since we last posted, the Houston area has absolutely exploded with omnicron cases. Local hospitals report 90% of the tests they send out to be sequenced are omnicron.

I know like 8-10 people who have Covid right now. This is more than the entire pandemic.

Every one of them says "Like a cold". Some say like a bad cold, some say like a mild cold.

They stopped using monoclonal antibodies as well, saying that they aren't effective against omnicron. Also, at home tests are sold out everywhere in the area.

My daughter's boyfriend gave her a cold, she gave my wife a cold, my wife gave it to me. She tested negative, but I'm not super confident in the test. I feel like I have allergies except there is a deep heavy blanket of physical fatigue over me. Yesterday I had a fantastic workout, so I am both tired and sore from doing stuff I haven't done in a while. Who knows? Cold or covid. Unsure if it matters as evidence continues to mount about the mildness of the omnicron variant.

powerlifter54
Sergeant Commanding

Covid news

Post by powerlifter54 »

Wear a mask. Wear 3.
Get 1, 2, or 3 shots.
Or don’t.
Mix and match.

Basic Math and Science is playing out no matter what you do.

And it always was going to.
"Start slowly, then ease off". Tortuga Golden Striders Running Club, Pensacola 1984.

"But even snake wrestling beats life in the cube, for me at least. In measured doses."-Lex

powerlifter54
Sergeant Commanding

Covid news

Post by powerlifter54 »

Wear a mask. Wear 3.
Get 1, 2, or 3 shots.
Or don’t.
Mix and match.

Basic Math and Science is playing out no matter what you do.

And it always was going to.

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Covid news

Post by Gene »

nafod wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:10 pm Since the vaccine came out, and especially since Delta hit, it's been like this at every hospital out there.
Israel has seen people admitted to the hospital who were vaccinated. They are more vaccinated than most US States. NRP offers some excuses, like decline in antibodies or that the Palestinians are not jabbed. Most of the world is not jabbed.... surprise, surprise.

Where is NPR's data?

Even Fauci admits that the vaccinated are being hospitalized. He wants them, and us, to get "boosted". Where is his data for this? He's not Dr. Science to everyone out here.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-n ... s-rcna5907
nafod wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:10 pmVaccinated people who are encouraging others to stay unvaccinated on ideological principles...they remind me of Islamic mullahs convincing everyone else to strap on bombs for martyrdom actions.
In contrast... .kids. If a ten year old child has minimal risk of Corona hospitalization, one in a 100,000, but has a 1/10,000 chance of heart damage from mRNA cardiomyopathy, is it a rational choice to make them get the jab?

"Conclusions: Post-vaccination CAE rate was highest in young boys aged 12-15 following dose two. For boys 12-17 without medical comorbidities, the likelihood of post vaccination dose two CAE is 162.2 and 94.0/million respectively. This incidence exceeds their expected 120-day
COVID-19 hospitalization rate at both moderate (August 21, 2021 rates) and high COVID-19 hospitalization incidence."

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101 ... 1.full.pdf

Maybe this is peculiar to the mRNA jab? It does not have a long history.

Why don't we also use killed virus jabs? The Chinese do. We have centuries of experience with killed and weak virus vaccines. Why is the US married to viral vector or mRNA tech? Why not use traditional vaccines for groups that have bad reactions to mRNA? Partial protection is better than none.
Don't like yourself too much.

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Covid news

Post by Gene »

The data shows that some vaccination is better than none at all. mRNA probably doesn't alter people's DNA, cause sterility... but does it cause heart inflammation? How about leukemia? How about autoimmune diseases?

No vaccine is 'safe', none are 100 percent effective.

Viral Vector and mRNA are novel technologies. The Chinese don't rely on it. They are mostly relying upon killed virus technology. The same stuff people have been using for over 100 years (started with Jenner and smallpox). Nobody except Jenny McCarthy types question killed virus vaccination.

"A large phase 3 trial in Brazil showed that two doses, administered at an interval of 14 days, had an efficacy of 51% against symptomatic SARS-CoV-2 infection, 100% against severe COVID-19, and 100% against hospitalization starting 14 days after receiving the second dose."

https://www.who.int/news-room/feature-s ... ed-to-know

We don't have to buy Chinese vaccines. We already make killed virus vaccines. Make another one for Corona. I know that this would cut into Pfizer's and Moderna's profit$$$$. Too fucking bad.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Covid news

Post by nafod »

Gene wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:18 pm In contrast... .kids. If a ten year old child has minimal risk of Corona hospitalization, one in a 100,000, but has a 1/10,000 chance of heart damage from mRNA cardiomyopathy, is it a rational choice to make them get the jab?
The vaccine places the Covid spike protein into your system in a large but finite amount which may cause myocarditis. But the Covid virus is itself covered in those same spike proteins, so of course it causes myocarditis too, but at higher rates since the virus is actually reproducing like a runaway train. It makes sense that it would.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-021-01630-0

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Covid news

Post by Gene »

nafod wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:55 pm
Gene wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:18 pm In contrast... .kids. If a ten year old child has minimal risk of Corona hospitalization, one in a 100,000, but has a 1/10,000 chance of heart damage from mRNA cardiomyopathy, is it a rational choice to make them get the jab?
The vaccine places the Covid spike protein into your system in a large but finite amount which may cause myocarditis. But the Covid virus is itself covered in those same spike proteins, so of course it causes myocarditis too, but at higher rates since the virus is actually reproducing like a runaway train. It makes sense that it would.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-021-01630-0
The conclusion, for those under forty.... which includes all children. From the study that you cite.

"Subgroup analyses by age showed that the increased risk of events associated with the two mRNA vaccines was present only in those aged under 40 years.

For this age group, we estimated 2 (95% CI 1, 3) and 8 (95%CI 4, 9) excess cases of myocarditis per 1 million people receiving a first dose of BNT162b2 and mRNA-1273, respectively, and 3 (95% CI 2, 4) and 15 (95%CI 12, 16) excess cases of myocarditis per 1 million people receiving a second dose of BNT162b2 and mRNA-1273, respectively.

This compares with ten (95% CI 7, 11) extra cases of myocarditis following a SARS-CoV-2 positive test in those aged under 40 years."

Getting two mRNA jabs seems to infect people with Myocarditis at about the same rate as the disease itself - between 3 and 15 cases per million dual doses versus 10 cases per million infections of Covid. Sounds like a wash to me, and people in this age range rarely get any hospitalization or complications.

CDC's view on mRNA and Myocarditis.

"Cases of myocarditis reported to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS)external icon have occurred:

After mRNA COVID-19 vaccination (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna), especially in male adolescents and young adults
More often after the second dose
Usually within a week of vaccination"

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... ditis.html

Maybe instead of wrangling about the Jab we need to furnish younger people with a Killed Virus vaccine?

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Covid news

Post by nafod »

Gene wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:04 pm Maybe instead of wrangling about the Jab we need to furnish younger people with a Killed Virus vaccine?
I think it’s here, finally. The Novavax is kind of like a dead virus vaccine, but as effective as the mRNAs. They had production problems getting it approved.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/arch ... ne/619276/

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Covid news

Post by Gene »

nafod wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:23 pm
Gene wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:04 pm Maybe instead of wrangling about the Jab we need to furnish younger people with a Killed Virus vaccine?
I think it’s here, finally. The Novavax is kind of like a dead virus vaccine, but as effective as the mRNAs. They had production problems getting it approved.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/arch ... ne/619276/

It is an older, more established technology. I had the Hep B series based upon it. There were concerns if you were allergic to yeast.

"The protein-subunit approach used by Novavax was first implemented for the hepatitis B vaccine, which has been used in the U.S. since 1986. The pertussis vaccine, which is required for almost all children in U.S. public schools, is also made this way. Some of those people who have been wary of getting the mRNA vaccines may find Novavax more appealing."

I would get a booster using this technology right now.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Covid news

Post by Fat Cat »

At this point, I simply gaslight people who talk about this shit. "Virus?! What virus? Haha what are you talking about?"

motherjuggs&speed

Covid news

Post by motherjuggs&speed »

Thomas Paine has been cancelled --
https://reclaimthenet.org/instagram-and ... formation/

Reminds me of the guy at Borders who was reading an article in the local weekly about the surveillance state. Yeah, exactly, he got hassled by the feds for reading an article about the surveillance state.

You must believe there are five lights

motherjuggs&speed

Covid news

Wuhan virologist censored by Farcebook --

https://reclaimthenet.org/facebook-cens ... -meng-yan/

motherjuggs&speed

Covid news

They want to make it illegal to promote harmful information
https://reclaimthenet.org/the-uk-wants- ... n-offense/

Like the fact that the virus was created in a lab --
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/1 ... -mps-told/

Fuzzy Dunlop

Covid news

Post by Fuzzy Dunlop »

I've been wearing a mask lately when I'm sick. Its cold season here in MA so my young kids are constantly sick and getting both my wife and I sick.

Aside from that, i hadn't worn one since early '21 except in a few local businesses that asked politely.

Btw i thought this place moved?
Ed Zachary wrote:Best meat rub ever is Jergen's.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Covid news

Post by Fat Cat »

Fuzzy Dunlop wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:16 pm Btw i thought this place moved?
What are you talking about?

motherjuggs&speed

Covid news

Why would nations send people to the world military games in Wuhan? They had specific warning from Chicom defectors. It was insane to allow members of the military to go to China anyway. So . . . was everyone in cahoots? China creates the virus to take over the world economy, and other nations allow it so they can impose draconian measures that they wanted to do anyway.

However deep I think it goes, it's always way worse.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Covid news

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

I got Omicron, or, rather, a short duration cold with night sweats and shivers. I am vaccinated.

Also, Ontario, Canada. Most of the people hospitalized, but not in the ICU ARE vaccinated.

On hospitalizations in Houston:

They are letting people stay a night then releasing them, because of the general panic. Omicron is proving very mild even is one of the fattest cities in the US.

Germany:

Has shown zero children without comorbidities has died .

Wild Bill
Sergeant Commanding

Covid news

Post by Wild Bill »

Amsterdam.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzMl5q24J0Q

they are ready to kill you, and its all for your health