Face Masks Make You Stupid

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Ronald RayGun

Post by Ronald RayGun »

Yeah, I find that ish dubious as well. I don't recall a single exchange about the vax that sent anyone packing.
"Sorry I didn't save the world, my friend. I was too busy building mine again" - Kendrick Lamar

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

This UKR thing is like de ja vu for me. Jjst like fucking COVID. Same sides same moronic level narrative.

I prayed after 9/11 our For Pol couldn't get any stupider but whelp.

Boris

Post by Boris »

Luke wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 12:44 pm Yep...

Side note: sometimes I think IGx was COVID casualty with how it divided people here.
Umm, no. It was dead long before that. The couch thread is probably a decent gauge of engagement - the last months and weeks there were regular posts would indicate when IGX was still struggling for life.

Luke

Post by Luke »

Boris wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 4:00 pm
Luke wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 12:44 pm Yep...

Side note: sometimes I think IGx was COVID casualty with how it divided people here.
Umm, no. It was dead long before that. The couch thread is probably a decent gauge of engagement - the last months and weeks there were regular posts would indicate when IGX was still struggling for life.
You're right. I'm a melodramatic ass. It seemed though we lost Tim and Syaigh to COVID related stances iirc? By no means that's the user base but I felt those two contributed a lot to keeping things moving.

Begs the question: why did things drop off around here?

motherjuggs&speed

Post by motherjuggs&speed »

You're kidding, right? I can think of at least seven different things that drove people away.

Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bram »

My guess was that it simply became less interesting than other things.
"If we are all going to be destroyed by the atomic bomb, let it find us doing sensible and human things—working, listening to music, chatting to our friends over a pint and a game of darts—not huddled together like frightened sheep." — CS Lewis

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

People were legit deranged by Trump and then by the covid shit.

I got my two shots of vaccine. And nothing happened, except I got covid again.

Bud Jeffries got his shots of vaccine and died in the middle of a fucking workout.

Syaigh and Timmah? I don't know if they left because of covid shit.

I do know that for some reason this board is wonky for me, and everytime I post something I get an error and I have to go back to the main page, refresh it, and see if it's been posted. Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't.

Ronald RayGun

Post by Ronald RayGun »

Tim bounced because of "Q-Anon" posts. I don't remember a single one, but that was his reason. Trump is the answer for all of this, as Shaf pointed out. Trump broke the fragile. I've seen it on both sides, too. Just broken people.
"Sorry I didn't save the world, my friend. I was too busy building mine again" - Kendrick Lamar

Boris

Post by Boris »

Shafpocalypse Now wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 11:19 pm People were legit deranged by Trump and then by the covid shit.

I got my two shots of vaccine. And nothing happened, except I got covid again.

Bud Jeffries got his shots of vaccine and died in the middle of a fucking workout.

Syaigh and Timmah? I don't know if they left because of covid shit.

I do know that for some reason this board is wonky for me, and everytime I post something I get an error and I have to go back to the main page, refresh it, and see if it's been posted. Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't.
I mean, it'd be easy enough to check if anyone gave enough of a shit, but I think the decline happened prior to 2010 as boards were dying left and right anyway, far before Trump and Covid.

What Bud has to do with anything I don't know, but you really believe the vaccine killed him? I had three shots before finally getting Covid itself and it still kicked my ass, as have at least two (probably 3) of the 4 shots I've gotten now.

motherjuggs&speed

Saying Trump had anything to do with it is the dumbest thing either of you have ever said.

Here are some actual reasons --

The shutdown without anyone having any idea when or if IGx would ever return.
The move and how that was handled.
Getting logged out over and over. On a good day I only have to log in twice per post, but if I don't remember to copy it, it goes poof. In fact the first attempt always goes poof, then I log in again, paste, then get an error but it's usually posted. But then I get logged out every time I go to a new page.
The trolls.

Not an exhaustive list.

Ronald RayGun

Post by Ronald RayGun »

Trolls? Hit me with some names.

motherjuggs&speed

You and Bram.

Ronald RayGun

Post by Ronald RayGun »

Ahh, I see.

Ronald RayGun

Post by Ronald RayGun »

Oh, wait. Our resident Ruskies DID bail for .... reasons. Liked those guys.