Mar a Largo Search

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Mar a Largo Search

Post by nafod »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:18 pm But... her... emails?
They’re on Hunter’s laptop
Don’t believe everything you think.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Mar a Largo Search

Post by Turdacious »

transferring classified emails to an unclassified server is not a small thing.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Mar a Largo Search

Post by nafod »

Turdacious wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:17 pm
It would be an impossible thing, and in fact it didn’t happen.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Mar a Largo Search

Post by Turdacious »

nafod wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:34 pm
So classified information wasn’t systemically taken from a secret system and systemically transferred to a private one? Oooookkk.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Mar a Largo Search

Post by nafod »

Turdacious wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:12 pm
nafod wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:34 pm
So classified information wasn’t systemically taken from a secret system and systemically transferred to a private one?
Correct

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Mar a Largo Search

Post by Gene »

FBI Director James's Comey's comments.... hosted on the FBI.gov server.

"Although we did not find clear evidence that Secretary Clinton or her colleagues intended to violate laws governing the handling of classified information, there is evidence that they were extremely careless in their handling of very sensitive, highly classified information.

For example, seven e-mail chains concern matters that were classified at the Top Secret/Special Access Program level when they were sent and received. These chains involved Secretary Clinton both sending e-mails about those matters and receiving e-mails from others about the same matters. There is evidence to support a conclusion that any reasonable person in Secretary Clinton’s position, or in the position of those government employees with whom she was corresponding about these matters, should have known that an unclassified system was no place for that conversation.

In addition to this highly sensitive information, we also found information that was properly classified as Secret by the U.S. Intelligence Community at the time it was discussed on e-mail (that is, excluding the later “up-classified” e-mails).

None of these e-mails should have been on any kind of unclassified system, but their presence is especially concerning because all of these e-mails were housed on unclassified personal servers not even supported by full-time security staff, like those found at Departments and Agencies of the U.S. Government—or even with a commercial service like Gmail.

Separately, it is important to say something about the marking of classified information. Only a very small number of the e-mails containing classified information bore markings indicating the presence of classified information. But even if information is not marked “classified” in an e-mail, participants who know or should know that the subject matter is classified are still obligated to protect it.

While not the focus of our investigation, we also developed evidence that the security culture of the State Department in general, and with respect to use of unclassified e-mail systems in particular, was generally lacking in the kind of care for classified information found elsewhere in the government.

To be clear, this is not to suggest that in similar circumstances, a person who engaged in this activity would face no consequences. To the contrary, those individuals are often subject to security or administrative sanctions. But that is not what we are deciding now.

https://www.fbi.gov/news/press-releases ... ail-system
Last edited by Gene on Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't like yourself too much.

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Mar a Largo Search

Post by Gene »

Hillary later blamed Comey for her loss of the election. She should have been prosecuted as much as Trump will be prosecuted.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/13/us/p ... comey.html

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Mar a Largo Search

Post by Gene »

nafod wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:53 am Day-yum

I’ve never seen docs like these outside of a SCIF. If I had them at home, I would be so f u c k e d. So very, very screwed.

Does look sloppy. Do you think that Trump read Comey's official letters about Hillary and figured "If she can do it and not get prosecuted, so can I?"

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Mar a Largo Search

Post by nafod »

Hillary turned over the server when subpoenaed, unlike Trump who lied and hid the documents.

Hillary had Original Classification Authority just as Trump did, but didn't try the bullshit argument that any email on the server was automatically declassified, unlike Trump.

None of the emails were marked classified, unlike the documents Trump took that were clearly marked classified. They thought three maybe had portion controls, but that proved wrong.

No classified emails were moved from a classified system to an unclass system, in spite of Turd's assertion.

I have some understanding and pity on Dept of State folks and classification control. Guess who likes to use email too? Foreign governments. They don't have access to our classified networks, but they send us emails. When deployed I had to communicate with the local authorities, and they would send me info in emails that, by our classification guides, was SECRET or higher. Yikes. Happened all the time. Also, DoS folks spend a lot of time "outside the wire" yet still need to communicate. Easy to find yourself talking around things.

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Mar a Largo Search

Post by Gene »

nafod wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:44 pm Hillary turned over the server when subpoenaed, unlike Trump who lied and hid the documents.

Hillary had Original Classification Authority just as Trump did, but didn't try the bullshit argument that any email on the server was automatically declassified, unlike Trump.

None of the emails were marked classified, unlike the documents Trump took that were clearly marked classified. They thought three maybe had portion controls, but that proved wrong.

No classified emails were moved from a classified system to an unclass system, in spite of Turd's assertion.
There is evidence to support a conclusion that any reasonable person in Secretary Clinton’s position, or in the position of those government employees with whom she was corresponding about these matters, should have known that an unclassified system was no place for that conversation.

ibid
ClintonBenghaziHearing2.jpg
ClintonBenghaziHearing2.jpg (53.57 KiB) Viewed 712 times

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Mar a Largo Search

Post by Gene »

All kidding aside? Getting rid of Trump would be a blessing for the Republicans. The Bush family can join him in the scrap heap.

Maybe we can finally get rid of civil forfeiture, the war on drugs and other trash. Institute a flat income tax with a poor person deduction. Get back to work in the US instead of exporting war and misery.

One can dream.....

Too bad nobody here wanted to discuss WinRed, Trump's donation platform. A total piece of shit.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/27/judge-r ... inred.html

Dealing with WinRed is ugly....

If you all want to put Trump into prison, WinRed would be a great place to start.

Topic author
Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Mar a Largo Search

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Maybe we can finally get rid of civil forfeiture, the war on drugs and other trash
This stuff was instituted to keep minorities down. I don't think there's evidence the Republican base is interested in giving up on that quite yet.

A GOP candidate that embraced rolling back the militarization of police and ending the War on Drugs would easily win a general election, but it wouldn't matter, because he'd never get nominated.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Mar a Largo Search

Post by nafod »

Gene wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:01 pm
nafod wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:44 pm Hillary turned over the server when subpoenaed, unlike Trump who lied and hid the documents.

There is evidence to support a conclusion that any reasonable person in Secretary Clinton’s position, or in the position of those government employees with whom she was corresponding about these matters, should have known that an unclassified system was no place for that conversation.

ibid
I won’t argue with that. I’ll say that it happens more often than you would think wise all over the government. She was at least doing it while trying to do her job, unlike Trump taking his classified docs after he had no need or right to them.

Way worse looking using a private server. No private server, no one ever knows. Reaps what she sows.

Another point is that it’d be Super easy to plant classified stuff on her server…just send her a classified email. Boom, server contaminated. She didn’t argue that. Trump did.

If Dumbfuck McPumpkinhead had just not taken the stuff or turned it back in when asked, It’d have been a big nothing burger. What an idiot.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Mar a Largo Search

Post by Turdacious »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:56 pm
Maybe we can finally get rid of civil forfeiture, the war on drugs and other trash
This stuff was instituted to keep minorities down. I don't think there's evidence the Republican base is interested in giving up on that quite yet.

A GOP candidate that embraced rolling back the militarization of police and ending the War on Drugs would easily win a general election, but it wouldn't matter, because he'd never get nominated.
It’s a pretty popular tactic in democrat controlled areas too. Nice try.

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Mar a Largo Search

Post by Gene »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:56 pm
The first Civil Forfeiture rules were part of the RICO act. Joe Biden encouraged expansion of "civil forfeiture" and introduced a law to enable it. He wanted to look tough on crime. Maybe. Maybe he was a Corporate whore back then too.

"The Comprehensive Forfeiture Act fixed all of these problems. The new bill was introduced by Senator Joe Biden in 1983 and it was signed into law the next year. With this law, federal agents had nearly unlimited powers to seize assets from private citizens. Now the government only needed to find a way to let local and state police join the party."

Biden sponsored Strom Thurmond's expansion of the law to State and Local Cops (the bill is referenced in the article).

https://fee.org/articles/how-a-young-jo ... e-program/

Biden sponsored the 1994 "Crime Bill", which was a crime, and which put lots of minorities into prison.

Today it is the Republicans who prattle on about Asset Forfeiture. They believe that it discourages drug dealing.
Grandpa's Spells wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:56 pm A GOP candidate that embraced rolling back the militarization of police and ending the War on Drugs would easily win a general election, but it wouldn't matter, because he'd never get nominated.
I'm not even sure that a Democrat would support it right now. John Fetterman, who is talking about legalizing weed, isn't saying much about "asset forfeiture".

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Mar a Largo Search

Post by Gene »

nafod wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:57 pmI’ll say that it happens more often than you would think wise all over the government.
During the Arms for Hostages thing in Lebanon it came out that the Israeli Mossad had an presence in Beirut. The Mossad knew where the US hostages were kept. Even CIA manager Bill Buckley. He was being tortured for information.

The Israelis complained that the US was "too leaky". They did not help us find the hostages.

Jonathan Pollard stole classified shit under our noses. Hyman Larner, who worked with the Chicago Mob, owned most of the pinball machines on US posts. Bally Entertainment was his firm.

If we were so easy to corrupt and coopt, why trust us? I'm not being anti-Semitic, I'm trusting a Zionist to act like a Zionist.

The Mossad stole Uranium from NUMEC in Apollo PA. Zionist Zalman Shapiro started a company to make submarine fuel. Allegedly the Mossad smuggled out submarine fuel in small containers. A few hundred pounds worth.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Apollo_Affair

All of the NUMEC sites were torn down. The Plutonium operation in Parks Bend had some burial spots. Transuranics and other shit. Today it's all fenced in, patrolled by people with Military Pattern Rifles. We'll be hearing about it in the near future when the US Army Corps of Engineers and some contractors get to business on it.

The Mossad probably figures that the US intelligence community is not professional enough. They can't manage nuclear material, keep drugs out or keep their mouths shut.

I don't blame Mossad for acting like Mossad. I blame Americans for acting badly.

Ronald RayGun

Mar a Largo Search

Post by Ronald RayGun »

I just love how much you guys invest in this shit.
"Sorry I didn't save the world, my friend. I was too busy building mine again" - Kendrick Lamar