My State Has Gone Full Fucking Clownship

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Re: My State Has Gone Full Fucking Clownship

Post by Turdacious »

Benwald:
COVID19-- bullshit fake news
Pizzagate-- 1000% real

Because science.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Nah they're both real.

You're a stooge who sig overestimates his IQ and knowledge base wrt both.

motherjuggs&speed

Post by motherjuggs&speed »

"Using these data, the researchers calculated the infection fatality rate, that is, the percent of people infected with the disease who die: "A hundred deaths out of 48,000-81,000 infections corresponds to an infection fatality rate of 0.12-0.2%," they report.* That's about the same infection fatality rate the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates for seasonal influenza."

https://reason.com/2020/04/17/covid-19- ... new-study/

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101 ... 1.full.pdf

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

motherjuggs&speed wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:16 am "Using these data, the researchers calculated the infection fatality rate, that is, the percent of people infected with the disease who die: "A hundred deaths out of 48,000-81,000 infections corresponds to an infection fatality rate of 0.12-0.2%," they report.* That's about the same infection fatality rate the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates for seasonal influenza."

It definitely has a much higher transmissibility, explaining the twice-weekly doubling rate for deaths. We killed a typical flu season's worth in just 6 weeks, even with hard core lock-downs in the middle.
Don’t believe everything you think.

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Alfred_E._Neuman »

We're reopening here in GA as of this weekend. I'm an extreme home body introvert / bordering on agoraphobe, so no change at my house other than traffic will go back to Atlanta's usual shit storm. We'll see in 3-4 weeks if this was too soon or not. But I completely understand the drive to get people back to work. Not everyone can sit at home and earn the same money doing the same job on a laptop and the government can't just keep printing money. Just be careful, wear a mask for sure when out and gloves if you need to. If we're lucky the virus has indeed infiltrated much deeper than thought already and more people than previously thought are already immune. Combine that with the current public understanding of not spreading it and I hope we'll be OK.
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

newguy
Sgt. Major

Post by newguy »

Alfred_E._Neuman wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:51 pm We're reopening here in GA as of this weekend. I'm an extreme home body introvert / bordering on agoraphobe, so no change at my house other than traffic will go back to Atlanta's usual shit storm. We'll see in 3-4 weeks if this was too soon or not. But I completely understand the drive to get people back to work. Not everyone can sit at home and earn the same money doing the same job on a laptop and the government can't just keep printing money. Just be careful, wear a mask for sure when out and gloves if you need to. If we're lucky the virus has indeed infiltrated much deeper than thought already and more people than previously thought are already immune. Combine that with the current public understanding of not spreading it and I hope we'll be OK.
Are you guys requiring masks when in businesses?

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

Nope. Not even for our front counter people. Totally nuts.
I'm lucky that I work in the shop and the cars have been sitting for hours before I get to them. On top of that, I'm in a big open space with minimal contact with anyone.
Brake cleaner is my best friend. Spray that stuff on by gloves, any parts I need to touch, etc. It's just a bunch of different types of denatured alcohol and will kill ANYTHING.
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

nafod wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:54 pm
motherjuggs&speed wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:16 am "Using these data, the researchers calculated the infection fatality rate, that is, the percent of people infected with the disease who die: "A hundred deaths out of 48,000-81,000 infections corresponds to an infection fatality rate of 0.12-0.2%," they report.* That's about the same infection fatality rate the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates for seasonal influenza."

It definitely has a much higher transmissibility, explaining the twice-weekly doubling rate for deaths. We killed a typical flu season's worth in just 6 weeks, even with hard core lock-downs in the middle.
How do you know this? I mean actually how do you know this?

It didn't on the Diamond Princess or on the Navy Ship or in prisons or any place outside of NYC and NNJ.

In other words, how is this not better explained by a lower R0 and low fatality rate?

How do you explain a high R0 (and I'm assuming probably wrongly that you aren't being facile and you have in mind an objective std for high R0) and the virus not getting to the US until mid March?

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Alfred_E._Neuman wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:15 pm Nope. Not even for our front counter people. Totally nuts.
I'm lucky that I work in the shop and the cars have been sitting for hours before I get to them. On top of that, I'm in a big open space with minimal contact with anyone.
Brake cleaner is my best friend. Spray that stuff on by gloves, any parts I need to touch, etc. It's just a bunch of different types of denatured alcohol and will kill ANYTHING.
Dealerships have been considered critical businesses in most states, I know of at least some in GA that are maintaining operations. How did you guys get shut down?
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

We never did. We never even really slowed down.
Let's just say the demographics for Mercedes ownership in ATL isn't known for being smart with money. They will starve their kids before they're unable to wealth signal by driving a Mercedes.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Oh when you said "we are reopening" I thought you meant your work, not the state.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Bennyonesix1 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:35 pm
nafod wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:54 pm

How do you know this? I mean actually how do you know this?

It didn't on the Diamond Princess or on the Navy Ship or in prisons or any place outside of NYC and NNJ.

In other words, how is this not better explained by a lower R0 and low fatality rate?

How do you explain a high R0 (and I'm assuming probably wrongly that you aren't being facile and you have in mind an objective std for high R0) and the virus not getting to the US until mid March?
We know reasonably well the rate of deaths of COVID19. From that, if you know the CFR, you can estimate transmissibility. If CFR is lower, transmissibility must be higher.

Bennyonesix1

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

No we don't. You've just seen a possible paradigmatic shift in fatality and hospitalization and symptomatic rates via anti-body tests. From worldwide data sets.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

:Hangman: Governor Ige just extended our lockdown to the end of May. I hate him so much.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Bennyonesix1 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:08 pm No we don't. You've just seen a possible paradigmatic shift in fatality and hospitalization and symptomatic rates via anti-body tests. From worldwide data sets.
If we start with 1 person, and then have 8 people that died a month later, two example extremes are...

We have 16 people total that have it of which 8 died so the CFR is 50% and doubling rate is 4 times a month, or...

We have 1024 people that have it and 8 died, so CFR is 0.7 and doubling rate is 10 times per month.

Same fatalities, but if CFR goes down, doubling rate goes up.

vern

Post by vern »

“Wherever the crowd goes, run the other direction. They’re always wrong.” Bukowski

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Dude's a whiny ass bitch.

Montana and Wyoming can stay open if they want to.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

nafod wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:36 pm

You're right, (((Friedman))) is a whiny ass bitch. New York and LA liberals didn't bat a fucking eye when the flyovers were dying from opioids for years and years at a sustained rate that makes COVID-19 look like rookie shit. They never stopped with their soy lattes and wine bars, they didn't shut down and demand a solution for the loss of a generation in Kentucky or Alabama. In 2018, 128 people died every day as a result of opioids for a total of more than 46,000 preventable deaths and this had been going on for a decade or more. The reality is that the coastal elites and liberal establishment are fucking our country up yet again with their myopic and self-centered bullshit.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

He poses a purely hypothetical question, makes up an answer based on prejudices, then uses his made-up answer to his hypothetical question to "make a point" about some people. That's just stupid. Sorry you think it is smart.

newguy
Sgt. Major

Post by newguy »

Fat Cat wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:27 pm
nafod wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:36 pm

You're right, (((Friedman))) is a whiny ass bitch. New York and LA liberals didn't bat a fucking eye when the flyovers were dying from opioids for years and years at a sustained rate that makes COVID-19 look like rookie shit. They never stopped with their soy lattes and wine bars, they didn't shut down and demand a solution for the loss of a generation in Kentucky or Alabama. In 2018, 128 people died every day as a result of opioids for a total of more than 46,000 preventable deaths and this had been going on for a decade or more. The reality is that the coastal elites and liberal establishment are fucking our country up yet again with their myopic and self-centered bullshit.
Bro. Soy lattes are out.

We do oat milk or almond milk.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

nafod wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:22 pm He poses a purely hypothetical question, makes up an answer based on prejudices, then uses his made-up answer to his hypothetical question to "make a point" about some people. That's just stupid. Sorry you think it is smart.
Wait...are you talking about (((Friedman)))? Fuck that clown he can stay in NYC and die there.

"Every person will be playing Russian roulette every minute of every day: Do I get on this crowded bus to go to work or not? What if I get on the subway and the person next to me is not wearing gloves and a mask?"

Sorry you think he's smart. Here's my thoughts. You should stay home if you're afraid of getting sick. Everyone else should go about the business of keeping this country functioning.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Fat Cat wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:03 pm
nafod wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:22 pm He poses a purely hypothetical question, makes up an answer based on prejudices, then uses his made-up answer to his hypothetical question to "make a point" about some people. That's just stupid. Sorry you think it is smart.
Wait...are you talking about (((Friedman)))? Fuck that clown he can stay in NYC and die there.
The article links to Dennis Prager.

who is Friedman?

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Are you seriously arguing with me about an article you didn't read?

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

I just read until I hit stupid and stopped. When you predicate a whole article on a bullshit hypothetical...

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

nafod wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:37 pm I just read until I hit stupid and stopped. When you predicate a whole article on a bullshit hypothetical...
Ya dude, I'm embarrassed for you too.