The couch thread

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Re: The couch thread

Post by Fat Cat »

Luke wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:30 am Did anyone listen to the Mat Fraser Rogan podcast? A fair serving of Castro bashing.
Summarize, braddah.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

I couldn't get that far.

Fraser going on and on like he never used drugs. I've met him, up close and personal, and he has all the signs. Also, he should be grateful, because Castro gave him and the other favored competitors a heads up months before the Crossfit Games started about what events he should train for.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Shafpocalypse Now wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:35 pm I couldn't get that far.

Fraser going on and on like he never used drugs. I've met him, up close and personal, and he has all the signs. Also, he should be grateful, because Castro gave him and the other favored competitors a heads up months before the Crossfit Games started about what events he should train for.

What drugs?
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

He's a short dude too.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Shafpocalypse Now wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:21 pm He's a short dude too.
The absolute WORST kind of people.

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

Fat Cat wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:42 pm
Shafpocalypse Now wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:35 pm I couldn't get that far.

What drugs?
I believe Shaf more than the picture. At my best I looked pretty close to that, but a fraction of the ability and wasn't on AAS.

I'm also short, and the muscle tends to pile up and look like it's a lot more than it is.

But if Shafbear says he's got the signs, I definitely believe him. I don't really think any of the big names in thatb"sport" are clean.
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

At the games when I met him he was significantly leaner and seemingly bigger. His delts and traps were ridiculous.

big_t2100
Corporal

The couch thread

Post by big_t2100 »

24 hours after the announcement that Castro is fired from HQ and being the games director and no chatter here......Couch thread must finally be dead.

big_t2100
Corporal

The couch thread

Post by big_t2100 »

24 hours after the announcement that Castro is fired from HQ and being the games director and no chatter here......Couch thread must finally be dead.

big_t2100
Corporal

The couch thread

Post by big_t2100 »

DrDonkeyLove...
Sarge

The couch thread

Post by DrDonkeyLove... »

big_t2100 wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:27 am 24 hours after the announcement that Castro is fired from HQ and being the games director and no chatter here......Couch thread must finally be dead.
My fantasy is a Couch + Castro reunification org.

Luke

The couch thread

Post by Luke »

Big news! The story hasn't come out, but I'm speculating it's something to do with the unhinged shit he's been doing and how it probably "doesn't align with brand values".

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

The couch thread

Castro is skillful with logistics. This is why he got to be in charge of the games. He organized volunteers, delegated well, and made sure equipment got there on time and was set up. He was also one of GG's early clients. Everyone knows GG had loads of respect for military men, especially the focused and dedicated folks of the spec ops community.

Luke

The couch thread

Post by Luke »

Wondering if Glassman going meant the new management had to clean the whole, old regime out.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

The couch thread

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Luke wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:12 amWondering if Glassman going meant the new management had to clean the whole, old regime out.
1. The timeline corresponds with an 18 month employment contract for Castro at time of sale.

2. NewCouch (tm) is a pro and is going to be taking some steps to professionalize things. Castro likely played a huge role in the shift of CrossFit from "It's for all Olympians and grandmas," which was the stupidest thing about it, into a sport where they could define it, monetize it, and incentivize PED use in men.

3. Not many stories about him have to be true for him to be a significant HR liability, and that role has grown in scope by quite a bit since he took it on. You can hire an extremely competent operator who lacks the interpersonal issues and come out ahead.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Boris

The couch thread

Post by Boris »

I thought I posted this but it didn't go through... A new t-shirt from Rogue and Castro - I won't be buying one.
Attachments
rogue castro collar
rogue castro collar
castro.jpg (54.97 KiB) Viewed 6635 times

Luke

The couch thread

Post by Luke »

You watch the Netflix documentaries and such - the Middle Eastern tournaments and money pouring in from that part of the world - it's a global enterprise. Even if the person on the street popularity seems to have waned (?) at least here it doesn't really come up anymore.

Not to mention the champions of tomorrow are freakishly good teenagers who probably want to align with a professional, money flush, maybe woke? brand.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

The couch thread

Post by Fat Cat »

Crossfit hasn't been interesting in a decade, minimum, if it ever was.

Luke

The couch thread

Post by Luke »

I've always found the kookiness and douche-chills it gave very fun to watch. Less and less of that now.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

The couch thread

Post by nafod »

FORT JACKSON, S.C. - In a solemn ceremony held at the U.S. Army Chaplain Center and School fitness center, Chaplain (Major General) Thomas L. Solhjem announced its commission of the Army’s first CrossFit chaplain.

“As the entity responsible for counseling, the Chaplain Corps must constantly evolve to meet the needs of our soldiers,” said Solhjem. “With CrossFit being the largest growing religion followed by soldiers, it only made sense to commission a chaplain who could meet their specific needs.”

The Chaplain Corps dates back to 1775 and provides religious and spiritual support to soldiers and families during peacetime and in war. Chaplains are considered non-combatants.

Chaplain (Captain) Gregory “Chino” Chen is the first CrossFit chaplain commissioned in the history of the U.S. Army. Chen has a Master's Degree in Divinity from South Florida Bible College and is a Certified CrossFit Level 3 Trainer. Prior to accepting his commission and becoming an active-duty officer, Chen was the owner-operator of Beach Beast CrossFit in Deerfield Beach, Florida.

“I’m pretty excited about the opportunity to witness to my fellow fitness and health advocates,” explained Chaplain Chen. “I’m not going to speak ill of other religions, but those big box chapels just don’t give your soul the kind of workout that crosses all the modalities of spirituality and fitness.”

Chen, whose initial duty station will be with 1st Special Operations Command at Fort Bragg, N.C., says he’s looking forward to introducing a daily POD, or “prayer of the day”, in which followers will take on challenges such as alternating sprints, box jumps, and recitations of prayers for time. Chen also plans to provide soldiers with keto-friendly meal prep and communion.

CrossFit, a popular functional fitness company, has developed a dedicated following in the military.

Chaplain (Captain) Chen and his CrossFit disciples have been granted a policy exemption which allows them to wear Next Level brand uniforms and boots manufactured by CrossFit sponsor Nobull. CrossFit adherents have also been granted a grooming policy exception which allows full chest and body shaving to achieve greater reduction in drag.

“I’m not saying the only way to heaven is through Kipping Pull-ups, it’s just a more efficient way to salvation,” said Chen. “I recognize soldiers are imperfect people, like anyone, which is why spirituality in CrossFit can be scaled until the individual is ready to set their sights on their spiritual PR and got their RX+ level salvation.”

Soldiers who follow the vegan faith have petitioned for their own chaplains, but Chen hopes to be cross-trained to lead their services much in the way Christian chaplains can lead services for a number of denominations.

“I mean what two religions are closer in both rabid indoctrination and impassioned proselytizing than veganism and CrossFit?” asked Chen.

While chaplains are considered non-combatants, Chen is confident CrossFit chaplains can “close with and destroy PRs” if they just stick with it.

“I’m not going to talk trash about other faiths,” said Chen. “But just look at those skinny calves. They’re talking trash already.”

https://www.duffelblog.com/p/army-commi ... t-chaplain
Don’t believe everything you think.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

The couch thread

So, the current CEO of CF stepped down.

Crossfit has just become...boring.

Ronald RayGun

The couch thread

Post by Ronald RayGun »

Shafpocalypse Now wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:14 amboring.
Shaf with the 3-Pointer from the parking lot.
"Sorry I didn't save the world, my friend. I was too busy building mine again" - Kendrick Lamar

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

The couch thread

A few swings, a few hits, a few misses.

https://www.nonprophet.media/journal/wh ... g-glassman

Bennyonesix1

The couch thread

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

I'm going to read this because the corporations and their HR harridan frigid f*males have made football more boring than it already was

Bennyonesix1

The couch thread

Post by Bennyonesix1 »

Shafpocalypse Now wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:32 pm A few swings, a few hits, a few misses.

https://www.nonprophet.media/journal/wh ... g-glassman
Steven, whoever chose that article and read it to you (because you can't read I mean lol c'mon man) and explained the larger words made a good choice. I agree completely.

That being said, Mark Twight was always the choice of the discerning connoisseur of absurdity and funny mental derangement.

On the third hand, Greg G actually fingering Nicolle while she was on a back extension machine during a lecture was the peak internet moment for me.