The couch thread

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Luke

The couch thread

Post by Luke »

Bennyonesix1 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:04 am On the third hand, Greg G actually fingering Nicolle while she was on a back extension machine during a lecture was the peak internet moment for me.
Please elaborate for those of us who weren't there.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

The couch thread

Post by Fat Cat »

Luke wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:45 am
Bennyonesix1 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:04 am On the third hand, Greg G actually fingering Nicolle while she was on a back extension machine during a lecture was the peak internet moment for me.
Please use anatomically correct claymation to illustrate the scene for the less imaginative among us.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Luke

The couch thread

Post by Luke »

I saw Dan John's comment on that blog. What was "The Workout That Shall Not Be Named"?

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

The couch thread

Post by Fat Cat »

Luke wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:03 am I saw Dan John's comment on that blog. What was "The Workout That Shall Not Be Named"?
Simple & Sinister...he banned discussion of it on his forum because it sucks all the air out of any other KB-related topic.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Luke

The couch thread

Post by Luke »

How come? Was it just too influential?

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

The couch thread

Post by baffled »

Luke wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:45 am
I think it's the second video on this page. http://journal.crossfit.com/2005/10/the ... itup-g.tpl

I actually met her at the original CF Santa Cruz. A lot of the people there were cool as hell, but Budding and Castro were arrogant dickheads. Couch wasn't there.
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman

Luke

The couch thread

Post by Luke »

hahahaha

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

The couch thread

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

This week GG made a return to the Crossfit games. Hasn't attended since he sold Crossfit.

Boris

The couch thread

Post by Boris »

Shafpocalypse Now wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:57 pm This week GG made a return to the Crossfit games. Hasn't attended since he sold Crossfit.
Were people worshipping him, or were they like "Who's this old guy?"?

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

The couch thread

he was treated like the founder.

Luke

The couch thread

Post by Luke »

What's happened there? I thought Glassman and Castro were exiled while suave ex-Navy SEAL turned "Crush it. Grind it. Good." entrepreneur guy took it over and cleaned house after Floyd-19?

I follow Castro on Instagram and he's as much a part of it as he ever was? Were they tactically reinstated/welcomed back?

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

The couch thread

Castro was reinstated after they realized nobody else knew how to organize the games.

j-cubed
Gunny

The couch thread

Post by j-cubed »

Speaking of Crossfit games.

Do the women look more like men than ever before?

Luke

The couch thread

Post by Luke »

That's a funny troll; not sure if people get the bit in the comments haha.
Shafpocalypse Now wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 2:37 pm Castro was reinstated after they realized nobody else knew how to organize the games.
This is really funny too. Castro was promoting a book Glassman gave him about shoddy medical science not long ago. You could see the cleanskin corporate side cringing hahahaha.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

The couch thread

GG has a few things going on
1. enjoying his family and friends
2. working on his "Broken Science Initiative" which is about the inability of most research to be replicated
3. helping an outside party work on a history of Crossfit

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

The couch thread

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Apparently Barky has a .1% OnlyFans account. If true, she's probably made the biggest @Fit-related windfall of anyone who's not a Glassman.

Given the early themes of "No baby, leave the socks on," this seems appropriate.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Luke

The couch thread

Post by Luke »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:52 am Apparently Barky has a .1% OnlyFans account. If true, she's probably made the biggest @Fit-related windfall of anyone who's not a Glassman.

Given the early themes of "No baby, leave the socks on," this seems appropriate.
Who is she? I thought no one would eclipse AlisonNYC...or is it her by another name?

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

The couch thread

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

The same
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.