TPP

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major

Re: TPP

Post by bennyonesix »

Economics uses human behavior as its datums = social science.

For fuck sake Turd, shit or get off the pot.

Whatever joo-jeetz you got planned it's time to rock and roll.

We have all fallen into your cunning trap!

Deliver the coup de grace!

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

bennyonesix wrote:Economics uses human behavior as its datums = social science.

For fuck sake Turd, shit or get off the pot.

Whatever joo-jeetz you got planned it's time to rock and roll.

We have all fallen into your cunning trap!

Deliver the coup de grace!
It's gotta be Thomas More or some other such papist POS navel gazer.

TBF, it's barely a science in that few if any of its theories can be used to predict the future, and an equal n umber fail to even describe the past...

“Why did God invent economists?”

“To make weathermen feel good about themselves.”

But I'll allow that most economists certainly believe they are trying to do science and so that's a damn good start.
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

Blaidd Drwg wrote:
TBF, it's barely a science in that few if any of its theories can be used to predict the future, and an equal n umber fail to even describe the past...
That statement describes climate science but I digress.. what criteria do you use to determine whether a trade agreement has had a positive/negative effect if economics is out?
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

Turdacious wrote:
Blaidd Drwg wrote:
That statement describes climate science but I digress.. what criteria do you use to determine whether a trade agreement has had a positive/negative effect if economics is out?
Oh look... Patented red herring. It does reveal you know less than dick about climate science if that's your characterization....but I won't digress.

What makes you say that economics are out? What makes you think economics are the sole factor to be considered? What makes you think they are under consideration?

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major

Post by bennyonesix »

Turdacious wrote:
Blaidd Drwg wrote:
You mean this is what I didn't lose a single second of sleep over last night?

You call this joo-jeetz?

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

Blaidd Drwg wrote:
Oh look... Patented red herring. It does reveal you know less than dick about climate science if that's your characterization....but I won't digress.

What makes you say that economics are out? What makes you think economics are the sole factor to be considered? What makes you think they are under consideration?
The question is essentially how do you measure the success of a trade treaty. You are hemming and hawing on economics.
I'm starting to think your position on thus is based solely on a combination of histrionics and women's intuition

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

Turdacious wrote:
Blaidd Drwg wrote:

The question is essentially how do you measure the success of a trade treaty. You are hemming and hawing on economics.
I'm starting to think your position on thus is based solely on a combination of histrionics and women's intuition
You haven't started to think...period.

Answer the question.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

Blaidd Drwg wrote:
Turdacious wrote:
Blaidd Drwg wrote:

You haven't started to think...period.

Answer the question.
It's almost like you haven't read anything I've posted in this thread. Or maybe you just didn't understand it...

Lets take a step back: http://irongarmx.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.p ... 25#p824060
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

So you can't answer the question?

I'm crystal fucking clear that I don't think economics is the sole measure of any public policy...and I'm crystal fucking clear that there is vast disagreement even on the economic post mortem of NAFTA et al...but that's not the point...and you know this.

Answer the question. What are some other factors to consider other than the druthers of multinational corporations lobbying for the agreements?

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

Blaidd Drwg wrote:So you can't answer the question?

I'm crystal fucking clear that I don't think economics is the sole measure of any public policy...and I'm crystal fucking clear that there is vast disagreement even on the economic post mortem of NAFTA et al...but that's not the point...and you know this.

Answer the question. What are some other factors to consider other than the druthers of multinational corporations lobbying for the agreements?
http://irongarmx.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.p ... 25#p824060
Also, increased access to international markets, potential increased demand for US products as they get richer, etc...

Pinky
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Pinky »

Blaidd Drwg wrote: I'm crystal fucking clear that I don't think economics is the sole measure of any public policy.
This is what every other lobbyist says about any economic policy. The ultimate measure of any public policy is the desires of the special interests they represent. Who cares how much everyone else pays? Fuck them.

And this is what opposition to freer trade always boils down to. It's always special interest groups (including corporations) with something to gain exploiting the ignorance of the masses.
"The biggest problems that we’re facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all."

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

Turdacious wrote:

Also, increased access to international markets, potential increased demand for US products as they get richer, etc...

So that's a no?

Economics is the sole measure?...to your credit, you'll include the potential for better economic conditions of the piss-water poor in the trading partner countries....to the detriment of your own if necessary...but hey, who's counting.

Remember when Conservatives were open to the idea that matters are complex?

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

Blaidd Drwg wrote:
Turdacious wrote:

So that's a no?

Economics is the sole measure?...to your credit, you'll include the potential for better economic conditions of the piss-water poor in the trading partner countries....to the detriment of your own if necessary...but hey, who's counting.
It's almost as if you don't understand economics at all...

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

Elevate your game.

As per usual, you have failed to grasp even the most basic ideas of those you oppose. If you can't stomach the idea that there are reasonable people on both sides of TPP who have valid concerns, many of which have very little if anything to do with economic benefits to several multinationals, then you truly deserve the beltway induced Omphaloskepsis you're engaged in.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

Blaidd Drwg wrote:I don't understand this consumer prices concept you keep speaking of.

Testiclaw

Post by Testiclaw »

What educational or experience do you have in the economic field, Turd?
My cousin is a redheaded german-mexican, we call him a beanerschnitzel

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major

Post by bennyonesix »

Turdacious wrote:
Blaidd Drwg wrote:I don't understand this consumer prices concept you keep speaking of.
Straight shoot, I think you are pathological with this shit. Your responses are non-responsive.

Well, I reckon I could just be the dumbs and bad at understanding complex arguments. If that is the case then please bring your shit down to my level so I can understand. Because you are not making me understand what the fuck you are doing.

Pinky
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Pinky »

Testiclaw wrote:What educational or experience do you have in the economic field, Turd?
Now someone's going to pretend that economics matters when discussing trade agreements?
"The biggest problems that we’re facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all."

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

bennyonesix wrote:
Turdacious wrote:
Straight shoot, I think you are pathological with this shit. Your responses are non-responsive.

Well, I reckon I could just be the dumbs and bad at understanding complex arguments. If that is the case then please bring your shit down to my level so I can understand. Because you are not making me understand what the fuck you are doing.
http://www.frbsf.org/education/publicat ... n-headline
It's the same one I put up earlier.

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major

Post by bennyonesix »

Yes dude. I UNDERSTAND YOUR POINT. "Free Trade" = lower prices = win/win. I reckon you found a frictionless machine.

And of course, you got me again. I re-read your posting in this thread. Fool me twice shame on me.

But not really, I did waste time but I was aiming to waste time anyway. You just tricked me into thinking you had something to say.

There is no functional difference between you and a troll on this issue.

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

Turdacious wrote: null.

You are seriously the most evasive and least useful person to discuss nearly any issue with. Consumer prices are an economic consideration. No Shit Sherlock. There might be other issue in play...is that conceivable? is that remotely possible?

Remember this?
The great strength of conservatives is that they are open to the thought that matters are complex. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

You might slow down your quick draw and start using your head....you might eventually be worth listening to.

Testiclaw

Post by Testiclaw »

Pinky wrote:
Testiclaw wrote:What educational or experience do you have in the economic field, Turd?
Now someone's going to pretend that economics matters when discussing trade agreements?
Well, first off, nobody here said it doesn't, what they did say was that economics isn't the only consideration, and, not always the most important.

So you're just wrong on that. Good of you to adopt Pinky as a pseudonym: you're clearly not the Brain.

I ask because he writes off any and all economic posts or questions, dismissing them as, "you don't know economics", and whatnot.

I figure he must have a background in it...or else his dismissals mean very little.

So I asked. Let's see if he answers.
My cousin is a redheaded german-mexican, we call him a beanerschnitzel

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

Blaidd Drwg wrote:
Turdacious wrote: null.

You are seriously the most evasive and least useful person to discuss nearly any issue with.
Whew!
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major

Post by bennyonesix »

Damn, Terry you still got BD tricked!

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major

Post by bennyonesix »

Ack! The internets trcikd me again