End of watch

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Re: End of watch

Post by Protobuilder »

johno wrote:
Terry B. wrote:Crap film. Training Day with better dialogue - some good characters were the only thing that gave it any redeemable quality whatsoever.
What is wrong with you?
I was going to ask the same question of the rest of you. I'm not trolling or being facetious - really did not like that much about it in any way, shape or form. I did finish it, which is probably more than it deserved but don't see any redeeming qualities in the film. Was it the guns that were supposed to make me hard?
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

Holland Oates
Lifetime IGer

Post by Holland Oates »

It wasn't as good as Training Day but I liked it for what it was brainless eye candy.

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

Ed Zachary wrote:It wasn't as good as Training Day but I liked it for what it was brainless eye candy.
That is acceptable - pretending that it is fine film making is not.
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

Dirt McGirt
Staff Sergeant

Post by Dirt McGirt »

I'll agree that the movie wasn't *great*, but I think it did a pretty good job of capturing that "gung-ho smart-ass" who at some point becomes "in the shit and intelligently fearful" which probably is something some of us have been at some point.

Had some decent dialogue, too... you gotta admit "Hey, Sarge, if we kill someone in X13, can we go back to X9?" is pretty funny.