The Vikings: Season 2 Rape and Plunder made sexy!

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

SubClaw

Re: The Vikings: Season 2 Rape and Plunder made sexy!

Post by SubClaw »

This was a time when a successful raid meant your people ate and lived comfortably in the winter vs. just surviving or losing family to these people. It helps when you find people to raid who's beliefs and deity disgusts you.
I know where you are coming from and I kinda agree, but... How do murder peasants and rape their wives help your people to eat and live comfortably? It seems the kind of bonus Tyrone would like.

My point is: the exact same excuses apply to both Ragnar Lothbrock and Jax Teller. That's the world we've always lived in and that's not going to change in the foreseeable future.

I'm not jugding the ancient ways the world used to get ruled by, all I'm saying is that today may be not that much different. Being born and raised in a ghetto might give you the perfect excuse to behave like a thug.

It's a fact that most back women from the ghettos are mistreated. And it's something almost customary. But I'm sure hitting a woman just because you can is something you frown upon. But for them it's perfectly acceptable. So where do we draw the line?
You ever seen a cycling plumber who wrestles with small calves, forearms and neck? Didn't think so.

SubClaw

Post by SubClaw »

Turdacious wrote:For Subclaw:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdZ9weP5i68[/youtube]
Turd, as former military man, I can assure you I'm no fucking pacifist.

In fact, it's quite the opposite: I would nuke almost all the current problematic countries and exterminate selective groups of dangerous people who freely choose to live outside the laws, so we can start with a clean slate. And I don't particularly care that tens of millions of innocent people would die. And, yes, that makes me a son of a bitch. So what?

I'd rather live in a much secure and much less populated planet, where I could take a plane carrying my EDC and children would not be shot while playing at the park.
You ever seen a cycling plumber who wrestles with small calves, forearms and neck? Didn't think so.

Topic author
DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH »

SubClaw wrote:
This was a time when a successful raid meant your people ate and lived comfortably in the winter vs. just surviving or losing family to these people. It helps when you find people to raid who's beliefs and deity disgusts you.
I know where you are coming from and I kinda agree, but... How do murder peasants and rape their wives help your people to eat and live comfortably? It seems the kind of bonus Tyrone would like.

My point is: the exact same excuses apply to both Ragnar Lothbrock and Jax Teller. That's the world we've always lived in and that's not going to change in the foreseeable future.

I'm not jugding the ancient ways the world used to get ruled by, all I'm saying is that today may be not that much different. Being born and raised in a ghetto might give you the perfect excuse to behave like a thug.

It's a fact that most back women from the ghettos are mistreated. And it's something almost customary. But I'm sure hitting a woman just because you can is something you frown upon. But for them it's perfectly acceptable. So where do we draw the line?
Maybe you should start a thread about the attitudes and sociology of ghetto trolls? Probably a better place than a thread about a TV show that assumes you view with an understanding of their times and not today. Though I think many possible solutions to modern problems as well as warnings can be found in history Ragnar and Jax Teller are very far apart and Jax over rationalises his shit because his world is still a sub world of the current one and a lot of his shit would get him killed by his own in the real biker world.

Ragnar knows exactly what he is and the world he lives in and where he wants to take things. All he agonises over is personal shit.

You murdered peasants and raped their women because the next time you rolled up, they just paid you off a lot of the time from a practical level and with a faith that was very inward looking there was nothing wrong with killing peasants or raping their women. If it was not right, then they would have been able to defend themselves or do the same to you.

"God forbid we tell the savages to go fuck themselves." Batboy

Topic author
DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH »

SubClaw wrote:

In fact, it's quite the opposite: I would nuke almost all the current problematic countries and exterminate selective groups of dangerous people who freely choose to live outside the laws, so we can start with a clean slate. And I don't particularly care that tens of millions of innocent people would die. And, yes, that makes me a son of a bitch. So what?

I'd rather live in a much secure and much less populated planet, where I could take a plane carrying my EDC and children would not be shot while playing at the park.
Then we agree on a lot of things. And one could navel gaze and worry about how those people you would nuke feel about shit?

I understand the Iranians feel they have a right to atomic weapons. All the more reason to give them some, detonated over their heads or deep in their research and storage facilities.

SubClaw

Post by SubClaw »

DARTH wrote:I understand the Iranians feel they have a right to atomic weapons. All the more reason to give them some, detonated over their heads or deep in their research and storage facilities.
Amen to that. Somalia, Yemen and practically all the Stans too. And Detroit. :finga:

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

SubClaw wrote:

I'm lost. Why were you criticizing the Vikings again?

I'll admit that I violated the Geneva Convention by posting something by Yoko.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

SubClaw

Post by SubClaw »

Turdacious wrote: I'm lost. Why were you criticizing the Vikings again?
I was not. Read my posts again.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

you realize this is a show written by modern man about vikings, right?

SubClaw

Post by SubClaw »

Shafpocalypse Now wrote:you realize this is a show written by modern man about vikings, right?
By the way... I kinda expected more historical accuracy from the so-called History channel.

Topic author
DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH »

SubClaw wrote:
Shafpocalypse Now wrote:you realize this is a show written by modern man about vikings, right?
By the way... I kinda expected more historical accuracy from the so-called History channel.

Well History Channel has become a History Based Entertainment channel as well as an Ancient Aliens bullshit channel (It pisses me off that the changed History International, a great historical channel to H2 aka more of the kind of shit on History but more fucked up.

And lot's of the stories of Ragnar and his family come from Nordic mythology and not historical record. So I am just glad Thor does not show up swinging his Hammer.

Topic author
DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH »

BLOOD FUCKING EAGLE BITCHES! :supz: :rock:

:axe:

The Ginger Beard Man
Sgt. Major

Post by The Ginger Beard Man »

SubClaw wrote:Thing is... you substitute Ragnar for D-Shawn, Lagertha for Shaniqua and Kattegat for Detroit and the story is just the same. And when vikings raid, murder and rape is kinda cool but if they happen to be modern gangstas, suddenly it's not cool anymore.

Double standards anyone?
Lol. I have an uncle (half Icelandic), who likes to call modern Icelanders "niggers of the north", due to their proclivity for having children out of wedlock and giving them made up names.
This helps explain where that tendency comes from.
Blaidd Drwg wrote:Disengage from the outcome and do work.
Jezzy Bell wrote:Use a fucking barbell, pansy.

Fuzzy Dunlop

Post by Fuzzy Dunlop »

DARTH wrote:BLOOD FUCKING EAGLE BITCHES! :supz: :rock:

:axe:
that was savagery at its finest
Ed Zachary wrote:Best meat rub ever is Jergen's.

Pinky
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Pinky »

SubClaw wrote:Thing is... you substitute Ragnar for D-Shawn, Lagertha for Shaniqua and Kattegat for Detroit and the story is just the same. And when vikings raid, murder and rape is kinda cool but if they happen to be modern gangstas, suddenly it's not cool anymore.
I would love to see a show about viking gangsters raiding Detroit.
"The biggest problems that we’re facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all."

Cave Canem

Post by Cave Canem »

Pinky wrote:
I would love to see a show about viking gangsters raiding Detroit.
I would love to see a show about anybody or anything raiding Detroit.
Tantum validus superstes

Freki
Sgt. Major

Post by Freki »

Rollo won't be Rollin' for a while.
"The reason that 'guru' is such a popular word is because 'charlatan' is so hard to spell."
@GSElevator: Can we please stop calling them hipsters and go back to calling them pussies?
Blood eagles solve everything.

The Ginger Beard Man
Sgt. Major

The lack of nudity is beginning to piss me off. I wanted to see Þórunn's titties.

Bobby
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bobby »

We don`t have the lack of nudity problem here in Sweden!
You`ll toughen up.Unless you have a serious medical condition commonly refered to as
"being a pussy".

Fuzzy Dunlop

Post by Fuzzy Dunlop »

Bobby wrote:We don`t have the lack of nudity problem here in Sweden!

Fuzzy Dunlop

Post by Fuzzy Dunlop »

The Ginger Beard Man wrote:The lack of nudity is beginning to piss me off. I wanted to see Þórunn's titties.
ask and you shall receive

Meh...

Fuzzy Dunlop

Post by Fuzzy Dunlop »

The Ginger Beard Man
Sgt. Major

Fuzzy Dunlop wrote:
The Ginger Beard Man wrote:The lack of nudity is beginning to piss me off. I wanted to see Þórunn's titties.
ask and you shall receive

Meh...
Meh is right. Those are fucking floppy. What about all the other chicks that have shown their hooters on that show? Do you have picks of them, too? I need to compare.
Bobby? You live in a free country, what can you do for me?

SubClaw

Post by SubClaw »

Bitch needs a sammich.

Topic author
DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH »

Lagertha! Give us some Lagertha Euro trash! \:D/

Bobby
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bobby »

Will have to look into the lack of nudity problem tomorrow.Going to work in a little while.
You`ll toughen up.Unless you have a serious medical condition commonly refered to as
"being a pussy".