The Walking Dead

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

The interview I read with her and the producers indicated there was no comeback and that the reason was based in the comics: a big part of the Grimes character is that he's permanently broken and haunted by memories of his dead wife. I doubt she'll come back living but they might pull a Merle ghosty thing. These ghosty character devices used to bug me but Hollywood has turned it into a useful and plausible device.
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

seeahill
Font of All Wisdom, God Damn it

Post by seeahill »

Can't kill Daryl. His batshit crazy brother is still out there, will come back and try to get Daryl to join him in killing Rick and all. Daryl will have to have a crisis of conscience.

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

seeahill wrote:Can't kill Daryl. His batshit crazy brother is still out there, will come back and try to get Daryl to join him in killing Rick and all. Daryl will have to have a crisis of conscience.

I suspect you're right. it goes down that way.....Fuck I enjoy this show an inordinate amount.

DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DrDonkeyLove »

T-Dog wasn't listed in the credits this week but Lori was. All we saw was a dried puddle of blood where she "died" and a zombie in the afterglow of a food binge. She could still be shambling around.

The Thunderdome shit was weak IMO. In fact the Governor and his Stepford town haven't grabbed me yet. Still enjoyed the episode though.

Who dat be calling Rick in the machine room?
Mao wrote:Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH »

Blaidd Drwg wrote:
seeahill wrote:Can't kill Daryl. His batshit crazy brother is still out there, will come back and try to get Daryl to join him in killing Rick and all. Daryl will have to have a crisis of conscience.

I suspect you're right. it goes down that way.....Fuck I enjoy this show an inordinate amount.

I have a feeling Daryl will give his life to save Rick. Maybe even after appearing to go to the other side.

"God forbid we tell the savages to go fuck themselves." Batboy

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

DARTH wrote:
Blaidd Drwg wrote:

I have a feeling Daryl will give his life to save Rick. Maybe even after appearing to go to the other side.

Are you spoilin on me? that sounds a little tooo tooo accurate.

I gotta ditch out of this thread...I'm two episodes behind, been watchin on download off icefilms. Already got stung with the Lori spoiler

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH »

Come on man, you can't see everything about in place for that scenario?

I probably should have been a show writter. The kind that talks and some asshole writes it down of coarse. :-k

"God forbid we tell the savages to go fuck themselves." Batboy

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

DARTH wrote:Come on man, you can't see everything about in place for that scenario?

I probably should have been a show writter. The kind that talks and some asshole writes it down of coarse. :-k

No..that's what I'm saying...they have laid it out quite neatly for just that series of events...and it would be a waste. Daryl's and Rick's charachter development are some of the best in the show.

to be fair...that would be kinda epic. the one thing I find superior about Brit TV is they will kill off major players at the drop of a hat.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

I just read all the comics...they are still in my cloud.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Shafpocalypse Now wrote:I just read all the comics...they are still in my cloud.
I looked for these a while back and all I could find was the Spanish language version. Where'd you dig 'em up?
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

seeahill
Font of All Wisdom, God Damn it

Post by seeahill »

Season Three doesn't interest me very much. I think it's the lack of zombies.

KingSchmaltzBagelHour

Post by KingSchmaltzBagelHour »

I never read the books, but the Governor story seems pretty gay. It's like they purposely cast the most uncharasmatic actor they could find to play a guy who is supposed to be extremely charismatic.
I'll keep watching though, I want to see how he dies.

beefheart
Sergeant Commanding

Post by beefheart »

I think the third season is moving along nicely, not like the interminable search for Sophia.

I read Rise of the Governor last week . It was mildly disappointing. It seems to be in continuity with the comics rather than the show, a dumb choice when you consider the relative size of the audiences. I think Kirkman plotted it and the cowriter filled in the blanks.

A couple of gripes: I hate it when "literary" types make dumb technical mistakes that that a couple of minutes research would reslove. Maybe I'm a grumpy old fart but they take me out a work of fiction --Atlanta isn't in the central time zone, some obivious mistakes on how automobiles, public utilities and homes mechanical systems work. I'm sure you gun nuts could find a lot of goofs, too.

Also Kirkman has been quoted to the effect that nobody in the Walking Deadiverse has ever seen Night of the Living Dead. I think this a reasonable request to make of his audience. The word "zombie" hasn't been used in the show and I don't think its been used in the comics. In the Rise it's zombie this and zombie that.

I continue to be a big fan.
ab g-d wrote:I can't understand how, given the training they did, the cavemen beat the dinosaurs.

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

If those motherfuckers kill off Daryl....

Pinky
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Pinky »

Andrea needs to create a distraction.
"The biggest problems that we’re facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all."

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

Pinky wrote:Andrea needs to create a distraction.

Have we seen her tits yet?

DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DrDonkeyLove »

Mid-season finale tonight. Short review below:

Fuck Fuck OMG Fuck Fuuuucccckkk.

Quick, somebody invent a time machine that will forward to February to find out what's next.
Mao wrote:Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

I quit this show two weeks ago. Redeemed?
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

I watched the season opener and that's it.

DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DrDonkeyLove »

Grandpa's Spells wrote:I quit this show two weeks ago. Redeemed?
If you like action, it's redeemed. A little over the top but it was time for some of that. Death....destruction....disorder.... Loose ends tied up....mysteries arise....new loose ends....

I've enjoyed this season. The Governor's story arc has been interesting. So has Rick's for that matter.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

DrDonkeyLove wrote:
If you like action, it's redeemed. A little over the top but it was time for some of that. Death....destruction....disorder.... Loose ends tied up....mysteries arise....new loose ends....

I've enjoyed this season. The Governor's story arc has been interesting. So has Rick's for that matter.
OK. Adding slow incurable disease was an additional level of depressing the show didn't need. "The bleaky bleakness of it all is only surmounted by the bleaking bleakiness of blah blah bl- fuck you."

DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DrDonkeyLove »

Grandpa's Spells wrote:
DrDonkeyLove wrote:

OK. Adding slow incurable disease was an additional level of depressing the show didn't need. "The bleaky bleakness of it all is only surmounted by the bleaking bleakiness of blah blah bl- fuck you."
I think the point of the disease was to illustrate that there are no safe havens in the ZA and nature is going to get you one way or another. This week showed another illusion of safe havens but I won't spoil it. This episode was bleak but with exciting and heroic bleakness.

The Crawdaddy

Post by The Crawdaddy »

Grandpa's Spells wrote:
DrDonkeyLove wrote:

This. I need more depressing shit like I need an extra nipple. Oh wait. Got one. Still useless.
Blaidd Drwg wrote:90% of the people lifting in gyms are doing it on "feel" and what they really "feel" like is being a lazy fuck.
"A good man always knows his limitations..." -- "Dirty" Harry Callahan

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

OK, turns out I quit just before they did the Governor backstory. Worth circling back.

Texas Red
Lance Cpl.

Post by Texas Red »

Shafpocalypse Now wrote:I watched the season opener and that's it.
Same for me. I have to wonder how it would have turned out if AMC had kept Frank Darabont around.

No love lost between him and the old bosses: http://variety.com/2013/tv/news/frank-d ... 200855593/