Robbie Robinson's "Built" DVD..

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
bill fox

Robbie Robinson's "Built" DVD..

Post by bill fox »

Production - probably the "nicest" package for a training DVD I've seen. Tri- fold package with 2 DVDs that look like 45lb plates. Lot's of vintage and current photos of Robbie. Sound and filming are movie quality. The white sleeve was signed by Robbie, which will get framed.

Content - First DVD has an intro which is basically the youtube piece. He then goes through a workout, or is filmed doing parts of a full workout. Nothing weird, no extreme ROMS, just PERFECT, smooth, machine like execution. BBs, DBs and cables. He's narrating over it talking generally about training, not about what's happening on the screen, which is way better. Very inspiring. Guy is freaking unreal at 60, actually unreal period.

Second DVD starts with a pretty cool piece on the sequence of recruitment in various exercises. Then a long interview about the sorry state of BB, steriods and the Weiders, none of which he's happy with. He sees BB as an art not a business. Then a vintage 1975 16mm vid from 1975.

You will not learn anything about training, but if seeing and listening to an amazing 60 year old, who's learned some hard lessons and still walks the walk every day inspires you, buy it.
"my body stayin' vicious, I be up in the gym, just workin' on my fitness"

Fergie

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Inspiration is worth more than instruction. I was definitely impressed by his condition at 60, and it has been on my mind since that highlight was posted. I've already incorporated more running and barbells...next up is to break my horrible carbohydrate addiction.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

TomFurman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TomFurman »

Get into some nice fats from Avocado, Olive Oil, Macadamia's, Almonds by the ton, and fatty fish. That alone will smooth the transition.

--Tom
"There is only one God, and he doesn't dress like that". - - Captain America

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Tom, I am going to start a thread on this subject so we can consolidate the information.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Topic author
bill fox

Post by bill fox »

I haven't been posting my log because i have done a 360 from the last few years and gone back to the kind of training I did before I knew it wasn't functional.

I'll start reposting today.
"my body stayin' vicious, I be up in the gym, just workin' on my fitness"

Fergie