Maxwell's Ultimate Upper Body Workout

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Maxwell's Ultimate Upper Body Workout

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

A buddy of mine loaned me this after I begged him in that FoxyBill thead.

This is a fairly typical "exercise catalog" type of product. It sells for $39.99 + S&H. I have to say that as this type of product goes, this is a pretty decent one. He demos a lot of cool movements with the rings (and I imagine you can use the Lifeline Jungle Gym as well)

One thing I like about Maxwell's instruction is that it tends to be minimalist, and with many of these exercises, which are out of my relative strength range, he'll explain on how to scale them down. In addition, he goes into his explanation of proper alignment of the arms to avoid injury.

Exercises covered.

One-Arm Chin-Up
One-Arm Push-Up
Muscle-Up
Pike Handstand Push-Up
One-Arm Extension Chin
Dip
One-Arm Twisting Row
L-Seat Pull-Up
Hanging Leg Raise
Windshield Wiper
L-Seat With Rings
Around the World Pull-Up
Superman
Pec Fly
Pec Fly Alternatives
High Tension Pull-Up
Ring Pull-Ups
T-Push-Ups With Rings
Sternum Pull-Up
Dive Bomber Push Up
Towel Pull-Up
Dip Knee Raise Combo
Chin Knee Raise
Scorpion Push-Up
Torso Twist
Biceps Row

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w6RPaB84jA[/youtube]

LG Elf Ftr/Wizard 7/17
Gunny

Re: Maxwell's Ultimate Upper Body Workout

Post by LG Elf Ftr/Wizard 7/17 »

I got this last week from Amazon. I'm very impressed. SM is obviously much more creative than I am.
I can honestly say that with just a pullup bar and a set of rings/TRX/other suspension set, you can do a very rigorous, varied, and wide-ranging workout for the upper body. He also gives some reasonable instruction on how to proceed with a one-armed chinup and pushup on rings. Highly recommended for what seems like a fair price.
Senator Ted Kennedy, just five years after Chappaquiddick (criticizing President Gerald Ford's pardon of Richard Nixon): "Is there one system of justice for the average citizen and another system for the high and mighty?"

D66

Re: Maxwell's Ultimate Upper Body Workout

Post by D66 »

Agreed, this is a very good dvd...my friend and I are hosting Steve & John in May, here in New Orleans, for one of his bodyweight certs, so it will be cool to train with him. I plan to sit down with him for an hour or two, and pick his brain about program design, primarily for KB's, but also integrating KB w/BW.