"Change Your Brain, Change Your Life," Waste Your Time

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
GoDogGo!
IGX Honorary Lesbian

"Change Your Brain, Change Your Life," Waste Your Time

Post by GoDogGo! »

Lately I've been working my way through the reading list on the Exuberant Animal site, concentrating on the books I could get on my wife's NC State Kindle. I wanted to read Sharon Begley's "Train Your Mind, Change Your Brain," a book on neuroplasticity, but it wasn't available on Kindle.

This book, "Change Your Brain, Change Your Life" showed up in my Kindle search, so I tried reading it instead. Hey, it was free:

What a huge waste of time. The author, Daniel Amen, shows many SPECT scans of the brains of people suffering from various disorders. ADD, depression, anger problems, etc all get covered. At the end of each section he provides "Prescriptions" for each condition.

In the prescriptions for depression I learned that you should be on the lookout for negative thoughts and refute them as they arise. And for issues of concentration and focus, try having a list of goals and tasks!

Also in the news today: water is wet, snow is cold. Donuts are tasty.

There's nothing useful in this book that you couldn't find out in 5 minutes on the Internet. Don't bother even skimming it. Two paws down.

(I hope to get Begley's book from the library soon, and if so I'll review that.)
The flesh is weak, and the smell of pussy is strong like a muthafucka.