TRX/KB Iron Circuit Conditioning

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

TRX/KB Iron Circuit Conditioning

Post by Alfred_E._Neuman »

Ordered this last week and got it earlier this week. Been wanting to move toward more BW and KB stuff so I can run more. Looking for more strength-endurance that brute strenght right now and figured this would be worth checking out.

Pretty typical of the other TRX videos I have that came with my TRX. Same production quality and workout format.

Has a brief section on KB techniqe by Pavel. Goes over swing, TGU, goblet squat, bottoms up cleans/presses (but no "real" cleans), and snatches. Not overly detailed but if you've never touched a bell before and you have an ounce of coordination it should suffice. Contrary to popular belief, swinging an iron ball isn't rocket surgury. The snatch portion is weak, and I wouldn't want to try high rep snatches based on the little information in the video.

The workout begins with Pavel going through a joint mobility warm-up with standard RKC drills. Halos, pumps, etc. Then a few TRX stretches for the hips and shoulders.

The main portion of the workout alternates KB swings and TGUs with TRX movements. Pavel calls out the KB drills and cues during the KB portion. Some of the TRX stuff incorporates the KB, mostly as added weight for leg work. Drills are done in standard timed interval format. Do each for X amount of time, switch sides or change exercises for the next interval. Mostly focusses on lower body, vast majority of the exercises are hip dominant.

3 different difficulty levels are shown by the 3 models doing the workout.

Cool down consists of TRX stretches. I've always liked these and if you have a TRX they're old hat.

Oddly enough, snatches, goblet squats, and the bottoms up C&P aren't part of the workout. But anybody with a brain could plug in snatches for swings or C&P for TGU when they're ready.

Bottom line: if you enjoy training with KB and suspension stuff, this is a decent buy. A ready made workout that you can modify as you advance. If you've been training for any real length of time you could put the exact same thing together by yourself, but this is an easy follow along that tell you which exercise to go to next and when to switch. Definately worth getting if stregth-endurance is a goal. Plenty of lower body for an endurance athlete looking to cross train. You won't get PL strong, but if this is your fitness bag you probably aren't concerned with that anyway.
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.