Ong Bak 3

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Ong Bak 3

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

Supreme disappointment. 'Out of Africa' is a turbo charged thrill ride compared to this snooze fest. The action can't hold a candle to the first Ong bak, and Ong Bak 2 just blows it out of the water. As far as the script, the only reason to watch any of these movies is the action because who the fuck can tell what the hell these people are doing or talking about. OB3 is weighted down with Buddhist philosophy and scenes of Tony Jaa teaching himself to meditate and rehabbing his badly broken body. The opening scene is a total dick tease, and makes you think this thing is going to be a hard-hitting martial arts bukkake film of violence...and then it just falls apart. What made OB2 great was seeing Jaa mix and blend all of the different arts that he'd learned from the different masters of the bandit tribe. That's gone. The crunching knees and elbows are few and far between. Jaa is very stiff in this movie, and you just don't see his talent on display like you did in the first two films of the series. I can see him losing a lot of casual fans over this one because it just doesn't deliver much worth watching.

Damien
Sgt. Major

Re: Ong Bak 3

Post by Damien »

I liked Ong Bak 1, hell, I alse really enjoyed Ong Bak 2, but this was by far the biggest movie disappointment in quite a while.

What do you get when you take all the fighting and cool stunts out of a cheap martial arts movie? Exactly...
Shafpocalypse Now wrote: If I put this pie on end, and spin in, it forms a volume of space similar to a sphere.
Now look. I've eaten a pice of pie.
When we spin the pie again, the area cut out of the volume of the sphere equals fitness.