Officer Friendly.

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Officer Friendly.

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

Need a clearinghouse thread for all those tidbits we run across regarding outstanding policing and prosecutorial excellence. A thread where we can remember the good times.

let's start with puppycide.
“Told us to get on the ground. I got on the ground they put me in handcuffs,” Spaulding recalls, “Then they threw my dad to the ground and my dog Sadie was right here sniffing my head. She was next to me. They shot her. The blood got on my face and then she took off running behind me and they shot her like three more times.”
http://www.whotv.com/news/who-story-pol ... 9621.story

Bad Dog Sadie..Bad dog......

Warrant served for drugs..illegal and legal and a stolen X box gamins system
Drugs found:0 (no word on the xbox)
Charges filed:0
Bad dogs down:2
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

Topic author
Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Re: Officer Friendly.

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

http://reason.com/blog/2008/12/23/puppycide

some highlights:
Peeples waited until they circled back to the front of his house, at which point he opened his back door to investigate. That's when his dog, a three-year-old Staffy named Eygpt ran out. Normally, that wouldn't be a problem, except that one of the police officers had left the backyard gate open. The dog ran out, and down Peeple's driveway toward the officers, at which point they shot it three times. Even the police concede the dog never attacked. They shot it as it was running toward them.

It only gets worse from there. The police then arrested Peeples on the charge of assault with a deadly weapon—the weapon being his now dying dog. Peeples says they then euthanized his dog, despite his explicit instructions not to.
Last month, police in Indianapolis put nine bullets in a German Shepherd. They ignored warning signs about the dog posted on the property before walking in to serve a warrant on a man who hadn't lived at the address in years.
http://www.wthr.com/Global/story.asp?S=9390456&nav=9tai

Topic author
Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

Officer Friendly says..clean yo house.
Cedar Rapids, Iowa, SWAT team raids house looking for narcotics, finds none. Instead, issues citation for keeping a “disorderly house.”
We like it clean in Cedar Rapids.
Davis said his 5-year-old daughter was in her room when officers busted a hole in the front door. He said he came to the door when he heard a K-9 unit dog barking, and was pulled outside, where he was told to lie face down in his front yard. He said the officers had him at gunpoint.

Topic author
Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

Cato institute Map of Officer Freindly's successes.

http://www.cato.org/raidmap/

Medals awarded...
A Minneapolis family is outraged that members of the SWAT team that mistakenly raided their house and fired upon them last December have been awarded medals for their bravery under fire.

Vang Khang and his family had the fright of a lifetime when they believed their home was being invaded by burglars, or worse. It was actually a SWAT team, conducting a high-risk search warrant -- on the wrong house.

Topic author
Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

http://www.rutherford.org/articles_db/c ... ord_id=715
Ironically, despite the fact that SWAT team members are subject to greater legal restraints than their counterparts in the military, they are often less well-trained in the use of force than are the special ops soldiers on which they model themselves. Indeed, SWAT teams frequently fail to conform to the basic precautions required in military raids. For instance, after reading about a drug raid in Missouri, an army officer currently serving in Afghanistan commented:

My first thought on reading this story is this: Most American police SWAT teams probably have fewer restrictions on conducting forced entry raids than do US forces in Afghanistan. For our troops over here to conduct any kind of forced entry, day or night, they have to meet one of two conditions: have a bad guy (or guys) inside actively shooting at them; or obtain permission from a 2-star general, who must be convinced by available intelligence (evidence) that the person or persons they’re after is present at the location, and that it’s too dangerous to try less coercive methods.

The Crawdaddy

Post by The Crawdaddy »

Man, I hope this is cathartic. :goodman:
Blaidd Drwg wrote:90% of the people lifting in gyms are doing it on "feel" and what they really "feel" like is being a lazy fuck.
"A good man always knows his limitations..." -- "Dirty" Harry Callahan

Topic author
Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

Office Friendly likes to get down..
In the first 4 days of November the NPMSRP tracked 84 reports of police misconduct in the media, which amounts to an average of about 21 reports a day so far this month.

While it’s the reports of excessive force that tend to spark the most discussion, 14 of those 84 reports involved sexual misconduct, which makes it the most prevalent type of misconduct reported this month so far. In fact, this is no surprise since officer-involved sexual misconduct consistently ranks 1st or 2nd among the types of police misconduct the NPMSRP tracks each month
http://www.kplctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=11438274

http://www.injusticeeverywhere.com/?p=1279

Holland Oates
Lifetime IGer

Post by Holland Oates »

LOL

Baddy is on fire.
Southern Hospitality Is Aggressive Hospitality

Topic author
Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

Office Friendly's treasure hunts are by the book.

It looked like an open-and-shut case. A cop pulls over a car, walks up to the driver's door, and sees a plastic baggy of marijuana. He brings in a drug-sniffing dog to prove probable cause for a search, gets a warrant, and finds a kilo of weed in the trunk

In court, Diamondstein asked Lupo to confirm that account, according to a transcript of the hearing.

"Before you got to Mr. Farsi, did you open the rear driver's side passenger door and take that individual out and pat him down?"

"No," Lupo said.

Then Diamondstein asked, "I just want to make sure that we are clear that you certainly didn't just open the door prior to any conversation, take him out, and pat him down. That definitely didn't happen?" Diamondstein said.

"Correct," Lupo replied.
Then defense attorney Michael Diamondstein produced the video.

Turned out reality was different.

The video taken from nearby surveillance cameras contradicted key facts in Lupo's report and sworn testimony. Most crucially, Lupo and an unidentified supervisor are seen rummaging through the trunk hours before a warrant was issued.
whoops.

Topic author
Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

Remember Kids, always carry ID...cause...well...because.
Early in the morning on Oct. 22, a Saturday, Ms. Zucker, 21, and her friend Alex Fischer, also 21, were stopped by the police in Riverside Park and given tickets for trespassing. Mr. Fischer was permitted to leave after he produced his driver’s license. But Ms. Zucker, on a visit to New York City with a group of Carnegie Mellon University seniors looking for jobs in design industries, had left her wallet in a hotel two blocks away.

She was handcuffed. For the next 36 hours, she was moved from a cell in a Harlem precinct station house to central booking in Lower Manhattan and then — because one of the officers was ending his shift before Ms. Zucker could be photographed for her court appearance, and you didn’t think he was going to take the subway uptown while his partner stayed with her at booking, did you? — she was brought back to Harlem.

There she waited in a cell until a pair of fresh police officers were rustled up to bring her back downtown for booking, where she spent a second night in custody.

The judge proceeded to dismiss the ticket in less than a minute.

News about the Police Department lately could run under the headline of the daily Dismal Development, starting with a judge declaring Tuesday that an officer was guilty of planting drugs on entirely innocent people and continuing back a few days to gun-smuggling, pepper-spraying and ticket-fixing.

Here, in the pointless arrest of Ms. Zucker, is a crime that is not even on the books: the staggering waste of spirit, the squandering of public resources, the follies disguised as crime-fighting. About 40,000 people a year — the vast majority of them young black and Latino men — are fed like widgets onto a conveyor belt of arrest, booking and court, after being told to empty their pockets and thus commit the misdemeanor of “open display” of marijuana.
I know I know...what was she doing the park at night, she's a perfectly nice white girl.

Topic author
Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

Don't bother getting up, Officer Friendly is a crack shot, he'll be able to get you form where you're laying.
In the video, Flint Farmer was lying on the grass between the curb and the sidewalk. It was shortly before 2 a.m. on a June morning in the West Englewood neighborhood, and Farmer had been shot by a Chicago police officer. Then, according to the video, the veteran officer, Gildardo Sierra, stepped onto the parkway and walked a semicircle about the prone Farmer as three bright flashes went off.
The flashes, captured by a police car video camera, were fatal shots fired into Farmer's back, officials say.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/loca ... full.story

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

Blaidd Drwg wrote:Remember Kids, always carry ID...cause...well...because.
Early in the morning on Oct. 22, a Saturday, Ms. Zucker, 21, and her friend Alex Fischer, also 21, were stopped by the police in Riverside Park and given tickets for trespassing. Mr. Fischer was permitted to leave after he produced his driver’s license. But Ms. Zucker, on a visit to New York City with a group of Carnegie Mellon University seniors looking for jobs in design industries, had left her wallet in a hotel two blocks away.

She was handcuffed. For the next 36 hours, she was moved from a cell in a Harlem precinct station house to central booking in Lower Manhattan and then — because one of the officers was ending his shift before Ms. Zucker could be photographed for her court appearance, and you didn’t think he was going to take the subway uptown while his partner stayed with her at booking, did you? — she was brought back to Harlem.

There she waited in a cell until a pair of fresh police officers were rustled up to bring her back downtown for booking, where she spent a second night in custody.

The judge proceeded to dismiss the ticket in less than a minute.

News about the Police Department lately could run under the headline of the daily Dismal Development, starting with a judge declaring Tuesday that an officer was guilty of planting drugs on entirely innocent people and continuing back a few days to gun-smuggling, pepper-spraying and ticket-fixing.

Here, in the pointless arrest of Ms. Zucker, is a crime that is not even on the books: the staggering waste of spirit, the squandering of public resources, the follies disguised as crime-fighting. About 40,000 people a year — the vast majority of them young black and Latino men — are fed like widgets onto a conveyor belt of arrest, booking and court, after being told to empty their pockets and thus commit the misdemeanor of “open display” of marijuana.
I know I know...what was she doing the park at night, she's a perfectly nice white girl.
There's a no knock warrant somewhere that justifies this.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Holland Oates
Lifetime IGer

Post by Holland Oates »

Blaidd Drwg wrote:Don't bother getting up, Officer Friendly is a crack shot, he'll be able to get you form where you're laying.
In the video, Flint Farmer was lying on the grass between the curb and the sidewalk. It was shortly before 2 a.m. on a June morning in the West Englewood neighborhood, and Farmer had been shot by a Chicago police officer. Then, according to the video, the veteran officer, Gildardo Sierra, stepped onto the parkway and walked a semicircle about the prone Farmer as three bright flashes went off.
The flashes, captured by a police car video camera, were fatal shots fired into Farmer's back, officials say.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/loca ... full.story
Jesus! This turns my fucking stomach. I hope that motherfucker gets knife raped in prison American Me style.

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

Nice work BD.
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman

Topic author
Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

Fucking hipsters riding bike...Officer Friendly will not stand for shenanigans
Late one night in October, a 17-year-old on a bike was chased by a police officer in a cruiser. When the boy refused to stop, the officer aimed his Taser out the driver's window and fired. The boy fell off the bike and the cruiser ran over him, killing him.
you say tragedy? I say a creative interpretation of Officer Friendly's for Rule Number 2: Always Double Tap.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafe ... 112106.ece

Holland Oates
Lifetime IGer

Post by Holland Oates »

The massive over use of tasers and pepper spray has killed a lot of innocent people and small time criminals guilty of simple misdemeanors.

Topic author
Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

Officer friendly is not down with the mentally ill. Officer Friendly has just the thing...
of Adam Colliers, a 25-year-old resident of Snohomish County, Washington, who was reportedly “running up and down” a street and causing a disturbance when he was Tased by two officers. He stopped breathing shortly afterwards, and was pronounced dead in hospital a short while later.

It was the second Taser-related death, and the fifth death in a police encounter, in the Seattle area over the past week.
Yeah but ...think about it...RUNNING UP AND DOWN...

seriously folks, he could have been a taliban.
Truth Not Tasers, which maintains an extensive list of deaths linked to conducted energy weapons going back to the 1980s, says Colliers is the 507th person in the US to die in incidents linked to the weapons.

Holland Oates
Lifetime IGer

Post by Holland Oates »

I was in the training division when we got in our first tasers. They told me we were all getting shocked the next day. I told them that was fucking stupid and I didn't have to get shot with my fucking gun to carry it. They shrugged. I took a sick day that day. Quit a few months later.

vern

Post by vern »

“Wherever the crowd goes, run the other direction. They’re always wrong.” Bukowski

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

I was hit with a stun gun at a party. One of the ones you can get off the internet. Terrible experience. One

I'm guessing a taser may be juuuuuust a little bit different.
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

The government protects you.

Don't complain about how.
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

Holland Oates
Lifetime IGer

Post by Holland Oates »

I don't think a lot of people understand the mindset of a lot of LEOs.

You can't "care" otherwise all the bad shit will eat you alive. But that barrier turns into straight up apathy and even disregard for the people they are supposed to protect and serve.

It happens to the best of people and so imagine what it does to the shitheads.

I worked for year for an ambulance service. That first dead body was rough by the end of a year I wouldn't bat an eye.

It's us (cops) against everyone is the truth.
Last edited by Holland Oates on Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

It's a beautiful day. Office Friendly says slow the fuck down

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibSwITK4jjQ[/youtube]

Topic author
Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

The RCMP upholds Office Friendly's standards of excellence.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YynD5JJTvPo[/youtube]

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

I like how videotaping a cop is illegal in some places, and even if legal, can cause you to catch a beatin
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"