Meanwhile, in Afghanistan...

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Meanwhile, in Afghanistan...

Post by TerryB »

things are going splendidly. It looks like after a decade of war, we've really turned the corner.
Three US troops gunned down by traitor Afghan soldier they were training

Three American service members were killed by an alleged member of the Afghan police in the country's Helmand province this morning.

A man in an Afghan army uniform shot and killed three Americans in southern Afghanistan, the U.S. military command said.

The Taliban claimed the shooter joined the insurgency after the attack.

The attack which killed three soldiers this morning is the latest in a series of so-called green-on-blue attacks in Afghanistan. The Afghan soldiers in the picture are not related to the incident

The shooting happened in Sangin district of Helmand, said U.S. military spokeswoman Maj. Lori Hodge.

No further details were given but Maj. Hodge said the military were investigating.
The attack is the third killing this week of coalition soldiers by Afghans they are training to take over responsibility for security once most international forces leave in 2014.

Taliban spokesman Qari Yousef Ahmadi said by telephone that the attacker, whom he identified as a member of Helmand police named Asadullah, had joined the insurgency after his attack.

Ahmadi said the man was helping U.S. forces train the Afghan Local Police troops.

The U.S. is hoping the Afghan Local Police will be a key force to fight the insurgency after most international troops withdraw.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z2394iwnWO
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Meanwhile, in Afghanistan...

Post by Alfred_E._Neuman »

The U.S. is slogged down in a pointless war trying to cram our ideals down savage's throats? The fuck you say. That's never happened before.
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

Andy83
Sgt. Major

Post by Andy83 »

I heard Obama will be arrested, taken to the Hague and tried for war crimes.
Obama's narcissism and arrogance is only superseded by his naivete and stupidity.

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

Obama has promised to finish the job!
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by WildGorillaMan »

Is he technically a traitor if he was working for the Taliban all this time?

The USA gave training and materiel to the Mujahadeen in the 1980s. That worked out splendidly in the long term.
You'll Hurt Your Back

basically I'm Raoul Duke trying to fit into a Philip K. Dick movie remake.

Andy83
Sgt. Major

Post by Andy83 »

Terry B. wrote:Obama has promised to finish the job!
Oh that's soothing. He always keeps all of his promises except the ones that Republicans won't let him.
Obama's narcissism and arrogance is only superseded by his naivete and stupidity.

Bobby
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bobby »

Should have given help to the soviets instead.
You`ll toughen up.Unless you have a serious medical condition commonly refered to as
"being a pussy".

tough old man
Sergeant Commanding

Post by tough old man »

Should have used the Scorched Earth Policy and herded them all into Pakistan. Mine the mineral riches dry and leave.
"I am the author of my own misfortune, I don't need a ghost writer" - Ian Dury

"Legio mihi nomen est, quia multi sumus."

tough old man
Sergeant Commanding

Post by tough old man »

On a side note. I find it hard to explain how much it pisses me off that people you try to help secure their country pull this shit. You would think helping peace along would be a good thing.

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Alfred_E._Neuman »

tough old man wrote:On a side note. I find it hard to explain how much it pisses me off that people you try to help secure their country pull this shit. You would think helping peace along would be a good thing.
You're applying western logic to these cultures of Islamic oppression. That's why we get butt fucked every time we lift a finger in that region.
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

Testiclaw

Post by Testiclaw »

Extreme poverty, lack of any education or real infrastructure, decades of war and occupation, etc., makes people live in survival mode and do what people do best: lash out.
My cousin is a redheaded german-mexican, we call him a beanerschnitzel

tough old man
Sergeant Commanding

Post by tough old man »

I have attended some really good lectures on Afghanistan. Everything that went wrong with that country seems to be traced back to religion and drugs. Pictures from the 50's and 60's show us citys similar to London or New York. Very Progressive.

buckethead
Sergeant Commanding

Post by buckethead »

tough old man wrote:On a side note. I find it hard to explain how much it pisses me off that people you try to help secure their country pull this shit. You would think helping peace along would be a good thing.
You're so right. Let's suppose that our Civil War was happening right now. I'm sure we would be more than happy to have Afghan troops in our country helping peace along.

Topic author
TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB »

SF. killed at dinner.
LASHKAR GHAR, Afghanistan, Aug 10 (Reuters) - An Afghan police commander and several of his men killed three U.S. soldiers in the southern province of Helmand, turning guns on them after inviting them to a dinner to discuss security, Afghan officials said on Friday.

The men were all American special forces members and were killed on Thursday night while attending a meeting in the Sarwan Qala area, in what appeared to be a planned attack by rogue Afghan forces.

"During dinner, the police commander and his colleagues shot them and then fled.
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

tough old man
Sergeant Commanding

Post by tough old man »

Its nuke time. Make that fucking area so radioactive that no one can live there for 100 years.

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

WildGorillaMan wrote:The USA gave training and materiel to the Mujahadeen in the 1980s. That worked out splendidly in the long term.
Rambo 3 sort of makes you laugh if you catch it on late at night.
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH »

tough old man wrote:Should have used the Scorched Earth Policy and herded them all into Pakistan. Mine the mineral riches dry and leave.

Them, IRAQ for fucking sure, Syria, Iran and a nice punitive expedition into the Bhakha Valley.

Instead Bush said go shopping, bloated the internal insecurity and corruption machine at home instead of puting it into the military and sealing the Border's and doing a bit of conscription to boot and most of this shit would be over and it would have made $$$$.

Now we have Prof. Obama and it's about fucking hopeless.

"God forbid we tell the savages to go fuck themselves." Batboy

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH »

Alfred_E._Neuman wrote:The U.S. is slogged down in a pointless war trying to cram our ideals down savage's throats? The fuck you say. That's never happened before.
=D> =D> =D> =D>

"God forbid we tell the savages to go fuck themselves." Batboy

The Ginger Beard Man
Sgt. Major

Post by The Ginger Beard Man »

tough old man wrote:Its nuke time. Make that fucking area so radioactive that no one can live there for 100 years.
A few days after 9/11, I was hanging with my uncle (moms brother), listening to the bomb squad go out on yet another call, smelling the fire from the wreckage, and he said to me, "This is why we never should have stopped developing the neutron bomb. The radiation dissipates in two weeks, we could have the oil in the middle east, just wipe em all out,"
Two weeks later I finally got out to Long Island to see my parents, my dad said the exact same thing.
Eleven years later, it doesn't really seem extreme at all.
Blaidd Drwg wrote:Disengage from the outcome and do work.
Jezzy Bell wrote:Use a fucking barbell, pansy.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

Terry B. wrote:
WildGorillaMan wrote:The USA gave training and materiel to the Mujahadeen in the 1980s. That worked out splendidly in the long term.
How can you laugh at the greatest movie of all time?
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

Turdacious wrote:
Terry B. wrote:
How can you laugh at the greatest movie of all time?
I don't think that anybody has mentioned any great movies in this thread, m8.

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

:pitypost

powerlifter54
Sergeant Commanding

Post by powerlifter54 »

Build a wall around this shithole, with an opening to Pakistan. E-mail targeting grids to the Indian Goverment offering free replacement of any ordinance expended on either asshole of the earth, and CC both Paki and Afghani goverments. Bring home all US Military and use them to secure our own borders.

hang an "AMF, Shalom!" from the bridge of the nearest carrier.
"Start slowly, then ease off". Tortuga Golden Striders Running Club, Pensacola 1984.

"But even snake wrestling beats life in the cube, for me at least. In measured doses."-Lex

Yes, I'm drunk

Post by Yes, I'm drunk »

Despite all the eloquent, logical, and apparently self-evident reasons for leaving that theater of conflict to its own fate, the West - Britain & the US (among many others) - are still there, still fighting, still dying. And despite various announcements to the contrary, they'll still be there for a long time yet.....

But there has to be a reason for that. And this is where people seem to completely miss the point with Afghanistan. Withdrawing from there would be a vote-winner politically, so whatever's keeping soldier's boots on the ground here must be pretty profound.

The crucial question is: what is so important about this place? Really. What is it?

terra

Post by terra »

Yes, I'm drunk wrote:So whatever's keeping soldier's boots on the ground here must be pretty profound.
The voters addiction to an unsustainable way of life is more powerful than their perceived hate for the war.
They don't understand that, but their keepers do.
As with any addiction, the first victim is the truth.

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Ralph Waldo Emerson