Big City Mini-Dogs

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding

Big City Mini-Dogs

Post by DrDonkeyLove »

I travel a lot and there are some cities that are big time friendly to our canine brothers and sisters; Seattle, Portland, etc. I was recently in San Diego and it was full of regular dogs.

I just spent a week in San Francisco where I haven't been for 1.5 years. SF is still very dog friendly, but I estimate that 95% of the dogs are little mini dogs of some Yorkie or Chihuahua type (most of whom are wearing a colorful shirt or sweater). 4% of the dogs are small to mid-size, and there is the very rare big dog.

One might think that gays and fruity dogs go together but SF has lots of manly type gays and, besides, I saw these tiny mini pups with women and even giant black homeless guys. It's a trend of some kind.

There are enough big city zoosexuals here to enlighten me. Troy please help!
Mao wrote:Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party

The Ginger Beard Man
Sgt. Major

Re: Big City Mini-Dogs

Post by The Ginger Beard Man »

A few years ago, boxers were all the rage with NYC fags.
I see a lot of women with small dogs, often carrying them in their purse. I was in a restaurant in Little Italy the other night and some broad brought her purse sized dog into the place.
Blaidd Drwg wrote:Disengage from the outcome and do work.
Jezzy Bell wrote:Use a fucking barbell, pansy.

Cave Canem

Post by Cave Canem »

The Ginger Beard Man wrote:A few years ago, boxers were all the rage with NYC fags.
I see a lot of women with small dogs, often carrying them in their purse. I was in a restaurant in Little Italy the other night and some broad brought her purse sized dog into the place.
Was it a Chinese restaurant ? Not implying that the Chinese eat dogs, we all know that's Koreans. Just that there's not much left to "Little Italy". Anyway, I hate when they bring those scraggly fucking things into food service places.
Tantum validus superstes

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by WildGorillaMan »

It's the prerogative of large, burly, manly men to have gay little dogs. In fact the larger you are the smaller your dog.

You'll Hurt Your Back

basically I'm Raoul Duke trying to fit into a Philip K. Dick movie remake.

Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer

Post by Mickey O'neil »

I am planning on getting a Boston Terrier or French Bulldog. Are those considered mini-dogs?

Dunn
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Dunn »

Mickey O'neil wrote:I am planning on getting a Boston Terrier or French Bulldog. Are those considered mini-dogs?

dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding

Post by dead man walking »

if you live in a city, don't you have to pick up your dog's shit? little dog, less shit to handle.

just conjecture.
Really Big Strong Guy: There are a plethora of psychopaths among us.

Dunn
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Dunn »

dead man walking wrote:if you live in a city, don't you have to pick up your dog's shit? little dog, less shit to handle.

just conjecture.
That, along with the fact that many urbanites live in rentals of some sort. In this area, that means restrictions on pet size. Not to mention that a big dog needs big room to play. Easier to have a small dog in an apartment or home with little to no yard.

Topic author
DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DrDonkeyLove »

Mickey O'neil wrote:I am planning on getting a Boston Terrier or French Bulldog. Are those considered mini-dogs?
I saw a few of those but more extra small Yorkie type dogs or little guys in the Chihuahua family. Lots of these dogs were owned by the homeless and seemed to be in better shape than some of their masters. I even saw a homeless guy with what looked like 3 Jack Russel's do some shit clean up. None of them were yappy either. The dogs I mean, lots of the homeless were yappy.

This was all in the Market Street area near city hall so maybe it was a very local thing. That particular area was crawling with the homeless.

The ability of dogs to fit in with us, no matter what strata of society, never ceases to amaze me.
Mao wrote:Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party

syaigh
Sergeant Commanding

Post by syaigh »

I have a family friend who always had Boston Terriers. I think they may have some medical issues, but a fantastic personality on all his dogs. Kind of quirky, very playful, and will do anything in the name of fun. Extremely intelligent as well.
Miss Piggy wrote:Never eat more than you can lift.

TomFurman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TomFurman »

Size restriction due to urban dwelling. Smaller barking issues, less waste. They factor out bull breeds with a 15 pound limit.
They have 'no dogs' law where I am. Hence they are trying to have us get rid of our 9 pound Yorkshire, even though he's an "Emotional Support Dog" and it's a Federal Law. A man across the street has a service dog that can warn when his mechanical heart pumps stop. [amazing]... They want him to dump his pooch too.
So little dogs are manageable in tight environments. Nothing to do with manliness.
"There is only one God, and he doesn't dress like that". - - Captain America

Andy83
Sgt. Major

Post by Andy83 »

Big city people are full of queers and shitheads so what difference does it make?
Obama's narcissism and arrogance is only superseded by his naivete and stupidity.

milosz

Post by milosz »

Corgis are a great small dog if you put in the effort to train them from being bark-y.

Dazed

Post by Dazed »

Mickster - I was deciding between both of those as well and decided on the Frenchy. The Boston had more energy and required more exercise than I was willing to provide. A Frenchy is like a big dog in a fun size package. Can rough house with him without worrying about him being too brittle. Goes from running a few sprints to needing a nap...perfect. They are chewers though.
I don't think you realize the depths of Jezzy's sexual greed~ EZ
Big, strong men (preferably in kilts) are my lesbian kryptonite~Jez
the right kind of male can make Jezzy's reproductive instinct overcome her preference for black vagina~Gary

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

milosz wrote:Corgis are a great small dog if you put in the effort to train them from being bark-y.
True. The barkiness can be a good idea if you want people to know you have a dog at home-- they sound like a much bigger dog. They don't need a ton of exercise and are good around kids.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer

Post by Mickey O'neil »

Dazed wrote:
Mickster - I was deciding between both of those as well and decided on the Frenchy. The Boston had more energy and required more exercise than I was willing to provide. A Frenchy is like a big dog in a fun size package. Can rough house with him without worrying about him being too brittle. Goes from running a few sprints to needing a nap...perfect. They are chewers though.
I really like the French Bulldogs but I heard they are expensive. Like, a $1000+.

Fuzzy Dunlop

Post by Fuzzy Dunlop »

Mickey O'neil wrote:
Dazed wrote:
I really like the French Bulldogs but I heard they are expensive. Like, a $1000+.
I have a Boston, he weighs 33lbs. He farts. A lot. He is still a nutcase at 6 years old.
Ed Zachary wrote:Best meat rub ever is Jergen's.

Dazed

Post by Dazed »

Mickey O'neil wrote:I really like the French Bulldogs but I heard they are expensive. Like, a $1000+.
Yep, they are pricey. Lucky isn't yappy and aside from his need to chew, has no other destructive or annoying behavior...except the farts, good lord the farts. The doorbell rings and he'll let out a couple barks and go sit by the door to make sure all is good, then he'll just wait til I go back inside, no fuss. He also sounds like a much bigger dog, specially the growls.

Best friend ever.

PS - can't leave beer unattended around him.
I don't think you realize the depths of Jezzy's sexual greed~ EZ
Big, strong men (preferably in kilts) are my lesbian kryptonite~Jez
the right kind of male can make Jezzy's reproductive instinct overcome her preference for black vagina~Gary

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

Fuzzy Dunlop wrote:
Mickey O'neil wrote:
Dazed wrote:
I have a Boston, he weighs 33lbs. He farts. A lot. He is still a nutcase at 6 years old.
I think terriers of all types tend to have GI issues. Not disorders or diseases per se, but a lot of gas.

My terrier mutt can clear a room. You know when he's finished baking an air biscuit because I'll be petting him, and he'll abruptly take off, then the stench hits about 5 seconds later.

He's a great dog.
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman