Klokov worship

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Jay

Klokov worship

Post by Jay »

Klokov is very impressive, a great lifter and built like a brick shithouse... but...

I can't help but wonder where all the nuthuggers were the last 4+ years he was competing, now they come out of the woodwork on social networking sites like he is the newest thing. Funny how that works, dude deserves all the credit but its something he should have gotten already

I love the short, stupid attention span of this world.

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Re: Klokov worship

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

Klokov is a underwear model and a known drug pig. Russia has produced many more interesting versions of both of those things.
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

Koko, Beware
Gunny

Post by Koko, Beware »

CrossFit.

Pretty soon we will start seeing memes about how much more Klokov can press than your mother, tshirts, etc.
In the mill, getting down.
-Kotto

Topic author
Jay

Post by Jay »

Koko, Beware wrote:CrossFit.

Pretty soon we will start seeing memes about how much more Klokov can press than your mother, tshirts, etc.
Its not just CrossFit, though...

Ryan
Sgt. Major

Post by Ryan »

Blaidd Drwg wrote:Klokov is a underwear model and a known drug pig. Russia has produced many more interesting versions of both of those things.
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” -George Carlin

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

Was thinking more like Berkova and Alekseyev.

Three White Lights
Sarge

Post by Three White Lights »

I've been subscribed to his youtube channel for about 3 years now. He had 10 videos on it until two months ago and is now averaging 2 videos a day. Most of them are insanely heavy versions of things gym rats/crossfitters do all the time. Guy sees a money train and is hitching on for the ride. He's coming to the US to do seminars in a few months, I'm sure they will be well attended. Don't forget that he's by far the most famous contemporary lifter in Russia.

I dig big chicks
Staff Sergeant

Post by I dig big chicks »

Three White Lights wrote:I've been subscribed to his youtube channel for about 3 years now. He had 10 videos on it until two months ago and is now averaging 2 videos a day. Most of them are insanely heavy versions of things gym rats/crossfitters do all the time. Guy sees a money train and is hitching on for the ride. He's coming to the US to do seminars in a few months, I'm sure they will be well attended. Don't forget that he's by far the most famous contemporary lifter in Russia.

Not sure about people attendign the Seminars. they're asking for about 40 people at $600/each to schedule a six hour seminar, or $400 each for a four hour weeknight session.

And Jay's surely noticed my Klokov's postings. I put them up for the women- including Jezzy- just to mess with them. But Like Three White Lights, I've been on the Klokov wagon for years. I think if therre were still a 110 kg class he'd be even better than he is.

But Tatiana is my favorite Russian lifter these days.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kUo-KOMsZ4[/youtube]

Crust Bucket
Lord of the thighs

Post by Crust Bucket »

The big question is, will he be selling any of his shoes on Ebay?
syaigh wrote: The thought of eating that giant veiny monstrosity makes me want to barf.
You're an ASS!
ImageImage

kreator

Post by kreator »

I wonder if he's realized that his best days are behind him and is trying to make money now. The only gold he's won was 8 years ago.

Akkaev is just as good if not a better lifter than Klokov, and while 2 inches shorter, is just as muscular. I'm guessing he's not as popular because he's a minority there.

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by WildGorillaMan »

Anybody who ponies up $600 to attend a seminar by him, what are they expecting to learn?
You'll Hurt Your Back

basically I'm Raoul Duke trying to fit into a Philip K. Dick movie remake.

Yes I Have Balls

Post by Yes I Have Balls »

WildGorillaMan wrote:Anybody who ponies up $600 to attend a seminar by him, what are they expecting to learn?

How to cycle.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

WildGorillaMan wrote:Anybody who ponies up $600 to attend a seminar by him, what are they expecting to learn?
More than they would at a $1000 level one cert.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Topic author
Jay

Post by Jay »

I don't understand what they expect to learn from him at a seminar? Not to take away from his success on the platform, but who has he coached?

Plus 600 is a little excessive, for anyone.

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

Yes I Have Balls wrote:

How to cycle.

If this includes a Q&A on avoiding out of season testing, 600 is cheap.

Topic author
Jay

Post by Jay »

Blaidd Drwg wrote:
Yes I Have Balls wrote:

How to cycle.

Its easy to avoid out of season testing in other nations, they don't have the USADA trying to always fuck their own athletes.

kreator

Post by kreator »

Jay wrote:
Blaidd Drwg wrote:
Yes I Have Balls wrote:

How to cycle.

Its easy to avoid out of season testing in other nations, they don't have the USADA trying to always fuck their own athletes.
Who cares about out of season testing when you pull out right before the Olympics you're expected to win?

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

Jay wrote:
Blaidd Drwg wrote:
Yes I Have Balls wrote:

How to cycle.

That's kinda bullshit. RUSADA has banned 16 athletes this year alone.

http://www.rusada.ru/en/press/news

I'm not sure why they're better at it than we are over their (IPF lifters in E Europe seem to have it totally dialed) but the old "everyone is corrupt but us" rubric does not fly. Only have to watch a Carl Lewis retrospective to get a feel for the lengths we've gone to to protect the glamor sports.

EDIT: I will add this, having talked drugs at length with several NE euro types and across the board, their philosophy of PED's is freakishly sensible compared to the shit I see going on in the anabolic hog trough of stateside PL and SM. I suspect they get away with it becuase they're generally less retarded about using and hence get stronger and better w/o.

Topic author
Jay

Post by Jay »

Blaidd Drwg wrote:
Jay wrote:
Blaidd Drwg wrote:
Yes I Have Balls wrote:

How to cycle.

I'm not sure why they're better at it than we are over their (IPF lifters in E Europe seem to have it totally dialed) but the old "everyone is corrupt but us" rubric does not fly. Only have to watch a Carl Lewis retrospective to get a feel for the lengths we've gone to to protect the glamor sports.

EDIT: I will add this, having talked drugs at length with several NE euro types and across the board, their philosophy of PED's is freakishly sensible compared to the shit I see going on in the anabolic hog trough of stateside PL and SM. I suspect they get away with it becuase they're generally less retarded about using and hence get stronger and better w/o.
I stand corrected.

Holland Oates
Lifetime IGer

Post by Holland Oates »

Blaidd Drwg wrote:
Jay wrote:
Blaidd Drwg wrote:
Yes I Have Balls wrote:

How to cycle.

So do you think this is because the Euro's, Scandinavians, Ruskies, etc spend more time building a base before jumping into the PED pool?

I feel most Americans tend to jump into things a bit too quick and the immediate thought is "I must have drogas to compete."
Southern Hospitality Is Aggressive Hospitality

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

I don't know EZ. It does seem to be a cultural thing where the drugs are looked at as just one (normal) part of the process rather than a magic wand but I'm sure there are plenty of US athletes that see it the same way. By the same token, there are still plenty of get on, stay on more is better westside accolytes... so who knows?

I dig big chicks
Staff Sergeant

Post by I dig big chicks »

Blaidd Drwg wrote:I don't know EZ. It does seem to be a cultural thing where the drugs are looked at as just one (normal) part of the process rather than a magic wand but I'm sure there are plenty of US athletes that see it the same way. By the same token, there are still plenty of get on, stay on more is better westside accolytes... so who knows?
I have a new lifter, who came to me and openly asked about PED use, as she wants to try to make an international team. I told her that she should train for several years to see if she's good enough, then make that decision, and that she doesn't need them to make a US team (She has the talent and potential, thpugh she's old). Speaking to many athletes from two other countries lately, and adding to what I knew before, PED use in weightlifting is just a part of the process, but reserved for the best athletes. In Puerto Rico, using is accepted and understood and condoned, but individuals do iron their own without direct involve,ent from the coaches. In Columbia, where the system is more involved in PED use, they reserve it for the best athletes. That "reserved for the best" is true, too, of Cuba today and Poland back in the 70s& 80s, at least from my speaking to athletes and coaches from there.

Holland Oates
Lifetime IGer

Post by Holland Oates »

Makes sense.

Grazi