Anybody want to train with "It's Pat?"

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Kenny X
Sgt. Major

Anybody want to train with "It's Pat?"

Post by Kenny X »

Genderqueer at the gym?

http://m.washingtonpost.com/opinions/ge ... story.html
When you don’t look like a typical girl — or feel like an average boy — there are few more confusing places than the gym.

Yet, even in an ostensibly liberal, open-minded city such as Washington, gender policing abounds. The gym is the place where people work out to become more like the skinny, toned women or perfectly muscular men in advertisements. Women do cardio to shed unwanted pounds, and men pick up free weights to groan and stare in the mirror at their reflections — frantically working to become ideal models of their respective genders.

I identify as “genderqueer” — blurring the line between man and woman. For example, I love my masculinity, and trying to get big at the gym is just one of my avenues for expressing it. I appreciate my femininity, too, particularly my ability to access vulnerability and express emotions freely. Calling myself genderqueer is about gender fluidity, not necessarily about sexual orientation. It’s about expressing a more authentic self. Existing in the gray area, I feel less confined by false notions of how I “ought” to be.

T200
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Anybody want to train with "It's Pat?"

Post by T200 »

I'm cool with it.

Chaz Bono seems like like a chill dude.

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

I continue to be amused by communities trying to unyoke themselves with labels only to cling to yet ever new and expanding labels. This cunt sounds like a real pussy..or vice versa.
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

Cave Canem

Post by Cave Canem »

I am getting so tired of this shit.
Tantum validus superstes

Topic author
Kenny X
Sgt. Major

Post by Kenny X »

My mind is completely fucking boggled by shit like this, personally. The Future Mrs. Herr Doktor found this and showed it to me. I couldn't resist posting it up here.

Jesus. "Special" people like this won't be satisfied until there's 50 different bathrooms to accommodate all of them.

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

Now I'm confused-- is he/she doing curls with gloves or straps?
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

this cisgender intolerance is intolerable.

and yeah...look it up. Cisgender is too a word.

The Ginger Beard Man
Sgt. Major

Post by The Ginger Beard Man »

Few people give as much of a fuck about these poor, troubled souls as they do themselves.
Blaidd Drwg wrote:Disengage from the outcome and do work.
Jezzy Bell wrote:Use a fucking barbell, pansy.

Cave Canem

Post by Cave Canem »

Blaidd Drwg wrote:this cisgender intolerance is intolerable.

and yeah...look it up. Cisgender is too a word.
Fuck it...I was going to talk genetics but it's just getting too ridiculous.

I wish sideshows would make a comeback so that there would be a happy place where these "troubled souls" can commiserate (instead of college campuses).
Last edited by Cave Canem on Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tantum validus superstes

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Blaidd Drwg wrote:I continue to be amused by communities trying to unyoke themselves with labels only to cling to yet ever new and expanding labels. This cunt sounds like a real pussy..or vice versa.
That was the first thing I thought. Making a big deal of saying you're not something makes you just as much a slave to it.
Don’t believe everything you think.

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

Cave Canem wrote: Fuck it...I was going to talk genetics but it's just getting too ridiculous.

I wish sideshows would make a comeback so that there would be a happy place where these "troubled souls" can commiserate (instead of college campuses).
I brazenly stole this quote without attribution. It was too delicious to pass up. Some day I hope to do a kindness in repayment.

kreator

Post by kreator »

I tried using a gay gym...I was disappointed by an environment that .. lacked accommodations for women...

I think this gender-fluid-cis-whatever person might actually be schizo or insane. Hears people whispering at the gym, experiences trauma while changing, goes into a gay gym expecting facilities for women.

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH »

It's simple. Have a real cock? You use the men's room. Have a cunt? Women's room, no matter what you think you are you are what you fucking are.

Had a dyke want to fight me once for referring to her as "she". I think it was telling her that if she lost I was going to flip her onto her stomach and prove to her she was a female that made her back down.

I actually usually get along with butch lesbians. Rarely do they annoy me like some fags do. Maybe because I don't like cuntishness?

"God forbid we tell the savages to go fuck themselves." Batboy

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

I take no issue with people charting their gender destiny,. I think if you wanna be a man, be one, you want to be a woman..go for it. I'll refer to you with the words I have, he and she. It's the 25 other jibberjab terms no one understands that are a bridge too far. If you feel constrained by the tragedy of your birth..too bad. It's not up to the rest of use to conform to your magical language.

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH »

Blaidd Drwg wrote:I take no issue with people charting their gender destiny,. I think if you wanna be a man, be one, you want to be a woman..go for it. I'll refer to you with the words I have, he and she. It's the 25 other jibberjab terms no one understands that are a bridge too far. If you feel constrained by the tragedy of your birth..too bad. It's not up to the rest of use to conform to your magical language.

Got no issue with them wanting to change but they actually need to change if they want to walk into the locker room of the sex they identify with.

And yes, Mr.T says "Too much Jiiberjabber, FOOL!" \:D/

Cave Canem

Post by Cave Canem »

Blaidd Drwg wrote:
Cave Canem wrote: Fuck it...I was going to talk genetics but it's just getting too ridiculous.

I brazenly stole this quote without attribution. It was too delicious to pass up. Some day I hope to do a kindness in repayment.
If you can translate it into t-shirt money, then just send me some residuals.
Tantum validus superstes

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

Much ado about nothing. The article started out with a tall tale...I want to see the bro that asked that waif for a spot.

BZZZZZZZTTTT, wrong answer.

terra

Post by terra »

Blaidd Drwg wrote:I continue to be amused by communities trying to unyoke themselves with labels only to cling to yet ever new and expanding labels. This cunt sounds like a real pussy..or vice versa.
This.^

Also...
We must remember that there is a reason this has been published in said 'journal'. A lot of crap that's written is literally made up simply to help a self promoter... err, self promote. Then it gets published because a smart editor can see the viral potential in it...
"Hmm, with Russians bashing gays whilst we have athletes at the olympics I sense a parallel with a navel gazing article from a spoilt boy-girl doing glove-curl-barbie-bell-frontsquats in a Washington gym and not knowing where to wash its mangina... This'll really pump up our circulation..."

FFS, don't buy into this shit! It's not clever and it doesn't move us forward. It is to 'writing', what miley cyrus is to 'music'.
In the era of celebrity worship, this type of article is becoming the norm. Create a stink, or a point of order or just make a dumb-cunt spectacle of yourself in the hope that your piece gains notoriety in the circle-jerk, linkfest of viral fuckwit-ity.

It's the same as those used-panty-liners-masqurading-as-blog-posts that 'yoga girls' write...
"I'm a yoga girl and i'm this and i'm that and I'm, I'm, me, me, me, me... Click like and I pinky swear i'll be your BFF..."

FAAARRRK!!!!

...Aaand, i'm spent.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH »

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder »

Blaidd Drwg wrote:I take no issue with people charting their gender destiny,. I think if you wanna be a man, be one, you want to be a woman..go for it. I'll refer to you with the words I have, he and she. It's the 25 other jibberjab terms no one understands that are a bridge too far. If you feel constrained by the tragedy of your birth..too bad. It's not up to the rest of use to conform to your magical language.
Fairly sure they don't use the pronouns "he" and "she", m8.
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

terra wrote:
This.^

Also...
We must remember that there is a reason this has been published in said 'journal'. A lot of crap that's written is literally made up simply to help a self promoter... err, self promote. Then it gets published because a smart editor can see the viral potential in it...
"Hmm, with Russians bashing gays whilst we have athletes at the olympics I sense a parallel with a navel gazing article from a spoilt boy-girl doing glove-curl-barbie-bell-frontsquats in a Washington gym and not knowing where to wash its mangina... This'll really pump up our circulation..."

FFS, don't buy into this shit! It's not clever and it doesn't move us forward. It is to 'writing', what miley cyrus is to 'music'.
In the era of celebrity worship, this type of article is becoming the norm. Create a stink, or a point of order or just make a dumb-cunt spectacle of yourself in the hope that your piece gains notoriety in the circle-jerk, linkfest of viral fuckwit-ity.

It's the same as those used-panty-liners-masqurading-as-blog-posts that 'yoga girls' write...
"I'm a yoga girl and i'm this and i'm that and I'm, I'm, me, me, me, me... Click like and I pinky swear i'll be your BFF..."

FAAARRRK!!!!

...Aaand, i'm spent.
Early candidate for post of the year.

LG Elf Ftr/Wizard 7/17
Gunny

Post by LG Elf Ftr/Wizard 7/17 »

Phaedrus wrote:
Fairly sure they don't use the pronouns "he" and "she", m8.
The proper pronoun for gender-indeterminates is "he or she/it", abbreviated as "h'orsh'it".
Senator Ted Kennedy, just five years after Chappaquiddick (criticizing President Gerald Ford's pardon of Richard Nixon): "Is there one system of justice for the average citizen and another system for the high and mighty?"