Ca. State Sen. arrested by FBI ...

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Schlegel

Ca. State Sen. arrested by FBI ...

Post by Schlegel »

Leland Yee. How ironic that an anti-gun politician who said:
“It is extremely important that individuals in the state of California do not own assault weapons. I mean that is just so crystal clear, there is no debate, no discussion,”

has just been arrested for corruption, bribery, and... wait for it.... gun-running!

Apparently "assault weapons" are fine for the Tong, just not the rest of us.
"Why do we need a kitchen when we have a phone?"

Bud Charniga's grape ape

Re: Ca. State Sen. arrested by FBI ...

Post by Bud Charniga's grape ape »

He also sponsored a bill, later declared unconstitutional, that would ban sale of violent video games to children.

'cuz, you know, killing real people is fine but killing fake people is dangerous

Bud Charniga's grape ape

The federal indictment makes for interesting reading, if you have an hour or so to kill and want to read about political corruption and gangsters named "Shrimp Boy". Yee wasn't just some back room guy, he was actively trying to facilitate arms deals.

"According to SENATOR YEE, the arms dealer had contacts in Russia, Ukraine, Boston, and Southern California. UCE 4599 asked SENATOR YEE for his commitment. SENATOR YEE said 'Do I think we can make some money? I think we can make some money. Do I think we can get the goods? I think we can get the goods.'"

Garm
Sgt. Major

Post by Garm »

Musta been a Chink.

What you get for voting in the Yellow Peril. Remember Pearl Harbor!
My SIG can beat up your SIG.

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

Our local NBC affiliate is going nuts at the moment.

Shrimp Boy's featured in this video:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fjS_vOuwfc[/youtube]
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman

Gran Turismo
Sarge

Post by Gran Turismo »

Charlotte, NC's mayor got picked up for corruption too:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/26/justice/c ... orruption/

Dude just got elected to the position last year.
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos. Oh, and you know the thing about chaos? It's fair. "

powerlifter54
Sergeant Commanding

Post by powerlifter54 »

Sort of like in American Hustle, when it doesn't mention the party affiliation of the perp, you can pretty much pit it and pat it and mark it with a "D".
"Start slowly, then ease off". Tortuga Golden Striders Running Club, Pensacola 1984.

"But even snake wrestling beats life in the cube, for me at least. In measured doses."-Lex

Batboy2/75
Starship Trooper

Post by Batboy2/75 »

Perfect reasoning on his part. Make Firearms banned and or extremely rare to buy in CA and what happens? The price goes up. It's good for his illegal business dealings.
Last edited by Batboy2/75 on Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arms are the only true badge of liberty. The possession of arms is the distinction of the free man from the slave.

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

Bud Charniga's grape ape

powerlifter54 wrote:Sort of like in American Hustle, when it doesn't mention the party affiliation of the perp, you can pretty much pit it and pat it and mark it with a "D".
So Jack, do you think political corruption is something that's taught in the Sekret Democrat Training Compound in Portland, or is it genetic?

powerlifter54
Sergeant Commanding

Post by powerlifter54 »

Bud Charniga's gaping asshole wrote:
powerlifter54 wrote:Sort of like in American Hustle, when it doesn't mention the party affiliation of the perp, you can pretty much pit it and pat it and mark it with a "D".
So Jack, do you think political corruption is something that's taught in the Sekret Democrat Training Compound in Portland, or is it genetic?

Dunno, but do you think they delete party affiliation for some other reason? BTW both Portlands are great towns.
"Start slowly, then ease off". Tortuga Golden Striders Running Club, Pensacola 1984.

"But even snake wrestling beats life in the cube, for me at least. In measured doses."-Lex

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

Bud Charniga's grape ape

powerlifter54 wrote:

Dunno, but do you think they delete party affiliation for some other reason? BTW both Portlands are great towns.
At least in the local (I live in the bay area) news, it's been pretty loudly stated that he's a democrat. He's the third prominent democratic state legislator to get popped in the last few years (Wright and Calderon are the other two). IMO and IME that's what tends to happen when one party's had a virtual lock on power in a (city, state, country) for too long.

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

powerlifter54 wrote:

At least in the local (I live in the bay area) news, it's been pretty loudly stated that he's a democrat. He's the third prominent democratic state legislator to get popped in the last few years (Wright and Calderon are the other two). IMO and IME that's what tends to happen when one party's had a virtual lock on power in a (city, state, country) for too long.
Yeah, I tend to watch ABC in the morning and NBC in the evening, and they've both mentioned he was a democrat, as well as a big proponent of gun control legislation.

I think our local news in the Bay Area is halfway decent.

I can't stand Kovaleski though.
- Buck Brannaman

Pinky
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Pinky »

Batboy2/75 wrote:Perfect reasoning on his part. Make Firearms banned and or extremely are to buy in CA and what happens? The price goes up. It's good for his illegal business dealings.
The "bootlegger and Baptist" storyline is always good for a laugh.
"The biggest problems that we’re facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all."

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

Interesting dichotomy between comments on the facebook pages of Shrimp Boy and Yee. Chow is rolling with it.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

lasalle

Post by lasalle »

Turdacious wrote:Interesting dichotomy between comments on the facebook pages of Shrimp Boy and Yee. Chow is rolling with it.

Don't believe everything you read or hear. Make your decision after you meet me and get to know me. I got to laugh today and I hope this photo does the same for you.
Interesting column from Willie Brown today in the Chronicle, going out of his way (of course) to put distance between Yee and Rose Pak. Willie is in deep with Pak, and she knows where the bodies are buried.

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

Read an article in the Chronicle's online version.

He said Pak was a big reason Yee didn't ride in the Chinese New Year Parade anymore.

I've had a few friends who lived in Chinatown for the relatively cheap rent, and it's always given me the creeps.
- Buck Brannaman

lasalle

Post by lasalle »

baffled wrote: I've had a few friends who lived in Chinatown for the relatively cheap rent, and it's always given me the creeps.
Yes-I work right next door, and I find it sketchier than the Tenderloin.

Speaking of the creeps, here's Chow at the funeral of a guy he (allegedly) shot to death in Chinatown. He wore all white while everyone else wore black. Notice people shielding their faces.

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

Was that the dude who told the Feds that Chow tried to get $200k from his Tong or whatever it's called?

Chinatown being sketchier than the Tenderloin?

Never thought about which area was sketchier, but I think I'm inclined to agree.
- Buck Brannaman

lasalle

Post by lasalle »

baffled wrote:Was that the dude who told the Feds that Chow tried to get $200k from his Tong or whatever it's called?
Yes-don't recall the exact $ amount, but that's the guy.

baffled wrote:Chinatown being sketchier than the Tenderloin?

Never thought about which area was sketchier, but I think I'm inclined to agree.
What I mean is, with the Tenderloin, it's all right in front of you. "Look-there's a crazy meth addict. Let's walk on the other side of the street." Chinatown is just kind of quietly creepy. The multiple sketchy alleyways, huge gang activity, smuggled immigrants crammed in to flop houses, etc. just give it a sketchy vibe.

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

lasalle wrote: What I mean is, with the Tenderloin, it's all right in front of you. "Look-there's a crazy meth addict. Let's walk on the other side of the street." Chinatown is just kind of quietly creepy. The multiple sketchy alleyways, huge gang activity, smuggled immigrants crammed in to flop houses, etc. just give it a sketchy vibe.
Fully agree.

I can handle crack and meth heads, steer clear of cock eyed tranny hookers etc, but the shadowy nature of Chinatown is unnerving.
- Buck Brannaman