Anybody ever had Lyme disease

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
seeahill
Font of All Wisdom, God Damn it

Anybody ever had Lyme disease

Post by seeahill »

Going in for tests Thursday.

Had a tick 5 years ago. Got the big swollen bull's eye rash. It went away. I felt fine. No knee pain in excess of the usual. Strong enough to do Everest Base Camp, a lot of backpacking. But now, in the last few months, I'm experiencing unexplained muscle weakness. I can only do about a quarter of my usual workout. But that's the only symptom I have.

Anyone got any info?

buckethead
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Anybody ever had Lyme disease

Post by buckethead »

Weren't you having concerns about that symptom and statins? or did you never go on statins?

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima »

Weren't you fucking some woman with Hep C?

Herv100
Sgt. Major

Post by Herv100 »

You workout?

Topic author
seeahill

Post by seeahill »

buckethead wrote:Weren't you having concerns about that symptom and statins? or did you never go on statins?
Yes. But I've been on statins for years. I don't know if the weakness/fatigue thing would suddenly happen.
Kazuya Mishima wrote:Weren't you fucking some woman with Hep C?
I mentioned that here? But yes, a couple of times. I had the impression --- after doing some research --- that the Hep C was more a matter of drama than health.

buckethead
Sergeant Commanding

Post by buckethead »

seeahill wrote:
buckethead wrote:Weren't you having concerns about that symptom and statins? or did you never go on statins?
Yes. But I've been on statins for years. I don't know if the weakness/fatigue thing would suddenly happen.
Seems more plausible than a five year old tick bite. Also, I would go get looked at for a possible stroke that you didn't even know happened.

TomFurman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TomFurman »

My GF, Robin is friends with a girl in Palm Beach who had Lyme, then caught some unknown disease... So tons of doctors and no cure, but she's a research machine now. Figuring out treatment as she goes. Thing is,.. her legs lock up and get weak.
If you want someone who's been through it,.. she's very knowledgeable.

I'd opt for a real Doc first though.
"There is only one God, and he doesn't dress like that". - - Captain America

syaigh
Sergeant Commanding

Post by syaigh »

If the test shows nothing, see a neurologist.
Miss Piggy wrote:Never eat more than you can lift.

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

You should probably email Quack.
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman

Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Post by Turdacious »

syaigh wrote:If the test shows nothing, see a neurologist.
Someone who specializes in neurology or nervous disorders? We are talking about Timmah here.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

DrDonkeyLove
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DrDonkeyLove »

We've already lost Joan Rivers, how much more can America take?

Get thee to a quack to make sure the essential stuff is OK and then drill down to ticks and such.
Mao wrote:Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party

Andy83
Sgt. Major

Post by Andy83 »

Get used to it. After age 70 everything goes down hill till death do you depart.
Obama's narcissism and arrogance is only superseded by his naivete and stupidity.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

seeahill wrote:Going in for tests Thursday.

Had a tick 5 years ago. Got the big swollen bull's eye rash. It went away. I felt fine.
So you didn't do a course of antibiotics back then?
Don’t believe everything you think.

Topic author
seeahill

Post by seeahill »

nafod wrote:

Had a tick 5 years ago. Got the big swollen bull's eye rash. It went away. I felt fine.
No. I'm the kind of witless dolt who figures it'll get better cuz it always has in the past. I wasn't aware that the bulls eye rash was indication of Lyme disease. In looking for the cause of this sudden lethargy/weakness, I looked up Lyme and saw that a person could be symptomless for years. Lethargy and weakness are a symptom.

I'll report on the doc's finding. Hold your breath.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

seeahill wrote:
nafod wrote:

No. I'm the kind of witless dolt who figures it'll get better cuz it always has in the past. I wasn't aware that the bulls eye rash was indication of Lyme disease. In looking for the cause of this sudden lethargy/weakness, I looked up Lyme and saw that a person could be symptomless for years. Lethargy and weakness are a symptom.

I'll report on the doc's finding. Hold your breath.
I live in Lyme central and tons have had it around me, but they all had raging symptoms within days to a week. High fevers, etc.
Don’t believe everything you think.

buckethead
Sergeant Commanding

Post by buckethead »

$20 on a minor stroke. Who's in?

Spiller
Corporal

Post by Spiller »

Get your testosterone levels checked?

Lethargy and weakness were my first symptoms for low T.

Andy83
Sgt. Major

Post by Andy83 »

I just got a flyer for a free health screening being given at a Community Health Fair
Tim. My balance was the first thing I noticed going. Try standing on one leg with your eyes closed. I had an MRI a couple years ago. Evidence of several mini strokes I never noticed.

Balance testing
BMI
Bone density scan
Blood pressure check
Eye screening
Hearing screening
Lymphedema screening
mini mental health screening
Peripheral Arterial Disease screening
Sleep Self Assessment

Many more exhibits and information.

I think I'll go to it. What the hell!. Do they ever have anything like this around your neck of the woods?
Obama's narcissism and arrogance is only superseded by his naivete and stupidity.

Crust Bucket
Lord of the thighs

Post by Crust Bucket »

Good luck Timmah!
Let us know how it turns out. Sending positive thoughts your way and maybe even making a book purchase.
syaigh wrote: The thought of eating that giant veiny monstrosity makes me want to barf.
You're an ASS!
ImageImage

Topic author
seeahill

Post by seeahill »

Andy,
We don't have anything like that. My balance has been going for a while. I gave up any rock climbing 15 years ago. Skiing five years ago.

But losing good balance is a normal part of aging. 71 year old guy here got a DUI. He was right at .07. A little less than legally drunk, but he stumbled all over the roadside DUI stuff. His attorney successfully argued that the average 70 year old, according to physical therapists, can only stand on one foot for 4 seconds.

Andy83
Sgt. Major

Post by Andy83 »

seeahill wrote:Andy,
We don't have anything like that. My balance has been going for a while. I gave up any rock climbing 15 years ago. Skiing five years ago.

But losing good balance is a normal part of aging. 71 year old guy here got a DUI. He was right at .07. A little less than legally drunk, but he stumbled all over the roadside DUI stuff. His attorney successfully argued that the average 70 year old, according to physical therapists, can only stand on one foot for 4 seconds.
A long time ago I remember seeing a guy on TV doing a demo with audience folks on this. He could tell the age within a year how old they were by having them stand on one foot with their eyes closed for time. But it's something that can be practiced and improved. I'm never sure if it's the age or that I'm chronically drunk.
If I've had just one beer, I won't drive my car. I did one skydive last year. It didn't go well. None at all this year. Aging is suckatude.
Good luck with the tests but I doubt Lymes disease.

Topic author
seeahill

Post by seeahill »

Andy80 wrote:

A long time ago I remember seeing a guy on TV doing a demo with audience folks on this. He could tell the age within a year how old they were by having them stand on one foot with their eyes closed for time. But it's something that can be practiced and improved. I'm never sure if it's the age or that I'm chronically drunk.
If I've had just one beer, I won't drive my car. I did one skydive last year. It didn't go well. None at all this year. Aging is suckatude.
Well, we'll see. Maybe I have a chronic hangover. Even those get worse. Suckitude indeed.

On the other hand, I'm good in comparison to my peers. It just pisses me off that I can't do things I could do when I was 35.

Andy83
Sgt. Major

Post by Andy83 »

seeahill wrote:
Andy80 wrote:

Well, we'll see. Maybe I have a chronic hangover. Even those get worse. Suckitude indeed.

On the other hand, I'm good in comparison to my peers. It just pisses me off that I can't do things I could do when I was 35.
i-like-to-watch-tv #-o

Topic author
seeahill

Post by seeahill »

Doc says:
Definitely not Lyme disease. The little eraser sized bump that I thought was an embedded tick was a subcutaneous cyst. The weakness and lethargy might have a lot to do with the fact that I was taking Test for low T for about 5 years and stopped a couple of months ago.

He took some blood samples and gave me a prescription for the test I'd stopped using.

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg »

You idiot.

Probably the stroke made you think it was a good idea to bomb out of your T replacement cold.
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill