English learning question. N-Word.

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Wild Bill
Sergeant Commanding

English learning question. N-Word.

Post by Wild Bill »

"Trump Was ‘Shocked’ Putin Used N-Word To Describe Obama."

http://dailycaller.com/2016/07/27/trump ... ama-watch/
He mentioned the n-word one time. I was shocked to hear him mention the n-word. You know what the n-word is, right? He mentioned it. I was shocked.
What word?
Don't know any english "bad" words startin with N.

Dunn
Sergeant Commanding

Re: English learning question. N-Word.

Post by Dunn »

Wild Bill wrote:"Trump Was ‘Shocked’ Putin Used N-Word To Describe Obama."

http://dailycaller.com/2016/07/27/trump ... ama-watch/
He mentioned the n-word one time. I was shocked to hear him mention the n-word. You know what the n-word is, right? He mentioned it. I was shocked.
What word?
Don't know any english "bad" words startin with N.
Lmao. He called Obama a "nigger". I'm sure you've seen Kaz use it many times. It's a derogatory term for black folks here in America.

Topic author
Wild Bill
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Wild Bill »

:)))))))))))
Thanks!

Topic author
Wild Bill
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Wild Bill »

Dunn wrote: I'm sure you've seen Kaz use it many times. It's a derogatory term for black folks here in America.
Of course I know this word, simply did not think :)
i thought about fucks, dicks, fools, ... such words :)

The Ginger Beard Man
Sgt. Major

Post by The Ginger Beard Man »

A Japanese tourist once ordered a coffee from one of my co-workers: "coffee, please. Nigger."
Dude figured out the Japanese guy meant "black coffee, please" surprisingly quick.
Blaidd Drwg wrote:Disengage from the outcome and do work.
Jezzy Bell wrote:Use a fucking barbell, pansy.

Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Sangoma »

Putin most likely called Obama "негр", or Negro. Which is pretty ordinary - and not insulting - word for marking someone as black in Russian. Similar to saying "black guy" in English. Not PC, but not derogatory. On the other hand, there is no equivalent of the negatively charged "nigger" in Russian language, and Russians don't use it as an insult, simply because it is an americanism and means nothing in Russia. Let alone that politicians of this level simply don't use insults like these: there is a good reason that it is called POLITICAL Correctness.

Topic author
Wild Bill
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Wild Bill »

Sangoma wrote:Putin most likely called Obama "негр", or Negro.
I doubt about any n-words :) Putin very carefull with his words, i thin Trump invented this :)
and you are right, just not russian-style insult.

dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding

Post by dead man walking »

what is a russian-style insult, bill?
Really Big Strong Guy: There are a plethora of psychopaths among us.

Kenny X
Sgt. Major

Post by Kenny X »

Yeah! I want to know some Russian insults too!!

Bobby
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bobby »

Nyet kulturni or something like that maybe?
You`ll toughen up.Unless you have a serious medical condition commonly refered to as
"being a pussy".

Topic author
Wild Bill
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Wild Bill »

dead man walking wrote:what is a russian-style insult, bill?
Something like this
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdnEx13C904[/youtube]

"... Forty minutes into the conference, while Lavrov's speech is being translated into Arabic, Russia's foreign minister can be heard quietly but distinctively muttering “imbeciles,” before adding an obscene five-letter word widely used in Russia. The Moscow Times cannot publish the word due to a law that bans the use of obscene language in media outlets. ..."

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Gene »

Sangoma wrote:Putin most likely called Obama "негр", or Negro. Which is pretty ordinary - and not insulting - word for marking someone as black in Russian. Similar to saying "black guy" in English. Not PC, but not derogatory. On the other hand, there is no equivalent of the negatively charged "nigger" in Russian language, and Russians don't use it as an insult, simply because it is an americanism and means nothing in Russia. Let alone that politicians of this level simply don't use insults like these: there is a good reason that it is called POLITICAL Correctness.
During a clip from Donbass one of the locals called Obama a "Chyernozhopa" or "black ass" while bitching of his support of Poroshenko and Poroshenko's "presents" to "separatists" dressed in house coats, frocks and swadding clothes. In other words, Right Sector filth dropping military munitions onto women and children.

Isn't Chyernozhopa the equivalent of "nigger" in Russki?
Don't like yourself too much.

Topic author
Wild Bill
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Wild Bill »

Gene wrote:During a clip from Donbass one of the locals called Obama a "Chyernozhopa"
this is more russianstyle :))) but not niger.
and not "Chyernozhopa" but "Chyernozhopiy".

Ans i can't believe Putin said something of the sort.
Last edited by Wild Bill on Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
Wild Bill
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Wild Bill »

In any case for Obama word monkey much more widespread.
Spoiler: show

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Gene »

Wild Bill wrote:
Gene wrote:During a clip from Donbass one of the locals called Obama a "Chyernozhopa"
this is more russianstyle :))) but not niger.
and not "Chyernozhopa" but "Chyernozhopiy".

But in any case i can't believe Putin said something of the sort.
Now it's my turn, Bill, to ask a question. I was under the impression that a singular word in Russia ended with "a" or "e" and plural words had an "eee" sound. Ain't so I guess.

Do me a solid, Bill - write 'em in Cyrillic if you would. I can read it but am not so good at typing it.

Black Monkey... Chyerna maimuna or is it Chyerniy Maimunii?

Topic author
Wild Bill
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Wild Bill »

This is adjective

Черножопый singular (man)
Черножопая singular (woman)
Черножопые plural
Черножопая обезьяна.

But better do not use such words.
Last edited by Wild Bill on Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
Wild Bill
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Wild Bill »

but i almost never met word черножопый referring to Obama.
more often "макака" or "мартышка", this words often used instead of monkey.
without any variants of word "black".
example "слыхали что эта мартышка опять учудила? Делал селфи на похоронах!" something like that.

I already feel shame about this thred. Better delete it.

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Gene »

Wild Bill wrote:but i almost never met word черножопый referring to Obama.
more often "макака" or "мартышка", this words often used instead of monkey.
without any variants of word "black".
example "слыхали что эта мартышка опять учудила? Делал селфи на похоронах!" something like that.

I already feel shame about this thred. Better delete it.
This is IGx, Bill. Shame has different meanings here.

Thank you for the explanations. Makes sense.

Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Sangoma »

Gene wrote:
Sangoma wrote:Putin most likely called Obama "негр", or Negro. Which is pretty ordinary - and not insulting - word for marking someone as black in Russian. Similar to saying "black guy" in English. Not PC, but not derogatory. On the other hand, there is no equivalent of the negatively charged "nigger" in Russian language, and Russians don't use it as an insult, simply because it is an americanism and means nothing in Russia. Let alone that politicians of this level simply don't use insults like these: there is a good reason that it is called POLITICAL Correctness.
During a clip from Donbass one of the locals called Obama a "Chyernozhopa" or "black ass" while bitching of his support of Poroshenko and Poroshenko's "presents" to "separatists" dressed in house coats, frocks and swadding clothes. In other words, Right Sector filth dropping military munitions onto women and children.

I guess. But it is used to insult everyone with darker skin or those whose ethnic group has people with dark skin. These may include Armenians, Azerbaijanians, Georgians, Kazakhs, Turks and obviously Black People. Still, "Nigger" is a very specific insulto for blacks only, similarly to "Zhid" being a very insulting name for Jews.

Curiously enough, you probably will get away with "nivger" in Southern Africa" , but the word "Keffar" (kaffir) can easily get you shot.

seeahill
Font of All Wisdom, God Damn it

Post by seeahill »

No shame in learning what words can get you shot.

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Gene »

Sangoma wrote:
Gene wrote:

I guess. But it is used to insult everyone with darker skin or those whose ethnic group has people with dark skin. These may include Armenians, Azerbaijanians, Georgians, Kazakhs, Turks and obviously Black People. Still, "Nigger" is a very specific insulto for blacks only, similarly to "Zhid" being a very insulting name for Jews.

Curiously enough, you probably will get away with "nivger" in Southern Africa" , but the word "Keffar" (kaffir) can easily get you shot.
Was watching a flick about Donbass. One guy said, "You call me a Kazarp" or "Darkie". He looked southern Italian instead of Russian. He didn't say "chernozhopi" but as Garm proved long ago there are lots of words for different people.

Yeah, Kaffir is a fighting word. Used to have friends from Ethiopia. You couldn't even say the word in their presence. Their eyes would bulge and they'd start gnashing their teeth. "Nigger" didn't bug 'em as much. Guess it's what you're used to hearing.