Trumpling the Russia Investigation

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
nafod
Lifetime IGer

Trumpling the Russia Investigation

Post by nafod »

Fire Yates, fire Flynn, fire Comey...nice try.
Don’t believe everything you think.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Re: Trumpling the Russia Investigation

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

I was pretty sure there wouldn't be an IC or special prosecutor on this until after the midterms. Team Trump has managed to raise the odds of that significantly.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

powerlifter54
Sergeant Commanding

Post by powerlifter54 »

Don't get your hopes up.
"Start slowly, then ease off". Tortuga Golden Striders Running Club, Pensacola 1984.

"But even snake wrestling beats life in the cube, for me at least. In measured doses."-Lex

JimZipCode

Post by JimZipCode »

powerlifter54 wrote:Don't get your hopes up.
Agreed. The Dems would have to raise their game an unprecedented degree, for the midterms to change anything. No evidence so far that they have their act together enough to even tie their shoes.
“War is the remedy our enemies have chosen. Other simple remedies were within their choice. You know it and they know it, but they wanted war, and I say let us give them all they want.”
― William Tecumseh Sherman

dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding

Post by dead man walking »

JUST DAYS BEFORE FIRING, COMEY ASKED TO EXPAND RUSSIA INQUIRY
Made Request to Official Who Wrote Memo on His Firing

keep moving. nothing to see here.
Really Big Strong Guy: There are a plethora of psychopaths among us.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

His own people are talking about how he yells at the TV.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding

i think he learned that at andy's knee

Topic author
nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

powerlifter54 wrote:Don't get your hopes up.
Republicans putting party before republic. Sad!

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

If trump goes we have that bible thumping repressed homo for president

powerlifter54
Sergeant Commanding

Post by powerlifter54 »

I still have not seen anything that makes me thing replacing Mr Obama with Hilliary would have been better. The only thing they have in common is Comey would have been fired faster under Hiliary.

You lost. When you get over it you can start to understand why you lost.
"Start slowly, then ease off". Tortuga Golden Striders Running Club, Pensacola 1984.

"But even snake wrestling beats life in the cube, for me at least. In measured doses."-Lex

Topic author
nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

powerlifter54 wrote:I still have not seen anything that makes me thing replacing Mr Obama with Hilliary would have been better.
Be patient, he'll get there.

syaigh
Sergeant Commanding

Post by syaigh »

powerlifter54 wrote:I still have not seen anything that makes me thing replacing Mr Obama with Hilliary would have been better. The only thing they have in common is Comey would have been fired faster under Hiliary.

We all lost. When you can understand that, you'll start to understand why we all lost. And we all lost long before the primaries.
Miss Piggy wrote:Never eat more than you can lift.

seeahill
Font of All Wisdom, God Damn it

Post by seeahill »

powerlifter54 wrote:I still have not seen anything that makes me thing replacing Mr Obama with Hilliary would have been better. The only thing they have in common is Comey would have been fired faster under Hiliary.

Hmm, you don't smell anything the least bit fishy here?

johno
Sergeant Commanding

Post by johno »

Grandpa's Spells wrote:I was pretty sure there wouldn't be an IC or special prosecutor on this until after the midterms. Team Trump has managed to raise the odds of that significantly.
Fuck Yeah! Let's investigate.

Fast & Furious
The Weaponization of the IRS & Lois Lerner's refusal to testify
Hillary's Exposure of State Secrets to Foreign Powers
Attorney General Loretta Lynch's meeting with Bill Clinton on the tarmac
Donald's Russian Connection

Let's investigate them all.

Fuck Yeah!
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B. Yeats

Topic author
nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

johno wrote:
Grandpa's Spells wrote:I was pretty sure there wouldn't be an IC or special prosecutor on this until after the midterms. Team Trump has managed to raise the odds of that significantly.

Fast & Furious

Fuck Yeah!
Name the sitting President in that bunch.

There's always Benghazi to be investigated for the 50th time as a stalling tactic.

Topic author
nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Trump had long questioned Comey’s loyalty and judgment, and was infuriated by what he viewed as the director’s lack of action in recent weeks on leaks from within the federal government....But the private accounts of more than 30 officials at the White House, the Justice Department, the FBI and on Capitol Hill, as well as Trump confidants and other senior Republicans...Many of those interviewed spoke on the condition of anonymity in order to candidly discuss internal deliberations.
AHHAHAHAHA!

Heh

I wonder if Drumpf's "public relations manager" was one of them.

Herv100
Sgt. Major

Post by Herv100 »

Comey was stonewalling the investigation into the leaks and unmasking. He was also stonewalling the investigation into Donald/Russia. Both sides should be pissed.

Taking all the bullshit out, I'd like to see a decent rebuttal to the deputy AG's(who was almost unanimously confirmed) letter about Comey. I don't think there is one except "Muh Russia Connection!"

Topic author
nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Herv100 wrote:Comey was stonewalling the investigation into the leaks and unmasking. He was also stonewalling the investigation into Donald/Russia. Both sides should be pissed.

Taking all the bullshit out, I'd like to see a decent rebuttal to the deputy AG's(who was almost unanimously confirmed) letter about Comey. I don't think there is one except "Muh Russia Connection!"
That's pretty much the extent of it. Trump fired Comey because Comey was investigating his collusion with the Russians. Pretty simple, really.

Herv100
Sgt. Major

Post by Herv100 »

nafod wrote:
Herv100 wrote:Comey was stonewalling the investigation into the leaks and unmasking. He was also stonewalling the investigation into Donald/Russia. Both sides should be pissed.

That's pretty much the extent of it. Trump fired Comey because Comey was investigating his collusion with the Russians. Pretty simple, really.
Bullshit. Trump isn't even being investigated. Even Obama's Yates said a couple days ago there was no evidence of collusion with Russia.

Topic author
nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Herv100 wrote:
nafod wrote:

Bullshit. Trump isn't even being investigated. Even Obama's Yates said a couple days ago there was no evidence of collusion with Russia.
From the WSJ:
In the weeks before President Donald Trump fired FBI Director James Comey, a federal investigation into potential collusion between Trump associates and the Russian government was heating up, as Mr. Comey became increasingly occupied with the probe.

Mr. Comey started receiving daily instead of weekly updates on the investigation, beginning at least three weeks ago, according to people with knowledge of the matter and the progress of the Federal Bureau of Investigation probe. Mr. Comey was concerned by information showing potential evidence of collusion, according to these people.

powerlifter54
Sergeant Commanding

Post by powerlifter54 »

seeahill wrote:

Hmm, you don't smell anything the least bit fishy here?

I have been smelling and telling you drones about it since last fall. Hilliary was never destined or a lock to win and Trump was slowly and wisely kicking her ass.

Up until 9 or 10 on election night you all were still laughing and celebrating Queen Hilliary, and then it dawned on you it had gone horribly wrong. At least the Falcons knew they were up,against the best quarterback ever. You folks never questioned her or her candidacy, and now you lash about for anything, no matter how foolish, to blame or wish will get you your Hilliary.

They were idiots in the White House, idiots in the State Department, had no concept of security or secure comms, lacked an ability to speak in public, was physically frail, had a list of lies from keep your doctor to Benghazi to the IRS to I had every right to keep my own server for my official email, and ran a math and data free campaign.

And now the sore loser game continues. You are not convincing anybody except the same drones in the splattering of blue cities across the country. Keep advocating for more Muslim Immigration, more rights for illegals, more job killing regulations, more rioting, and more government run everything. And keep telling yourselves how smart you are and how dumb and racist your opponents are. See how that works out for you.

So far, not so good. Who ya gonna call now? Elizabeth Warren?

Please please please do.

dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding

Herv100 wrote: the deputy AG's(who was almost unanimously confirmed) letter about Comey.
rosenstein was merely a cat's paw. the question now is, has rosenstein been declawed, or will he be pissed at how he was used? because make no mistake about it, his letter was a mere excuse and he knows it.

career prosecutors are typically tough and not for sale. sessions and trump may have a new problem now.

time will tell.

Topic author
nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

dead man walking wrote:
Herv100 wrote: the deputy AG's(who was almost unanimously confirmed) letter about Comey.
rosenstein was merely a cat's paw.
yup. Trump clothed himself in Rosenstein's integrity.

If Rosenstein appoints a Special Counsel, then I'll have some confidence that we'll determine the depths of collusion between Trump and Russia. If not, we already know Trump will stop at nothing to squash it, and (a lot of) the republicans will sacrifice their last shred of dignity helping him.

Sad!

johno
Sergeant Commanding

Post by johno »

nafod wrote:
johno wrote:

Fast & Furious

Fuck Yeah!
And when Obama was sitting President, did you call for those investigations?
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B. Yeats

Topic author
nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

johno wrote:
nafod wrote:
johno wrote:

Fast & Furious

Fuck Yeah!
And when Obama was sitting President, did you call for those investigations?
No, none of them warranted me "getting off the sidelines" and actively yelling on the internet. Same for a number of Bush-isms.

But then none of them compared to an adversarial power (Russia) directly interfering in the foundation of our democracy (election) by colluding with one of our candidates (Trump). Not even close. This one has me as an active participant.