Contrarian Investing-JNJ

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
DikTracy6000
Sgt. Major

Contrarian Investing-JNJ

Post by DikTracy6000 »

Using the VW idea(covered on IGx), or Phillip Morris, many years ago; I love it when it a large profitable company gets hammered by a Billion dollar settlement. Johnson and Johnson has just moved into that list. $4.8 Billion settlement for selling talcum powder for what, 100 years? Kind of disappointed that today's price is only down 1.40 on light volume. Maybe it's already priced in when it was over 140 a share. Will have to wait and see. Hopefully the MSM will hammer them in the coming days or weeks. Of course not a lot of folks at IGx seem to use individual companies in their holdings. Be interested in hearing Spells' take on this.

Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Contrarian Investing-JNJ

Post by Shapecharge »

Not quite on the same topic but I caught a conversation on the radio about how much Neflix has appreciated in the last 5-6 years...something like 400 percent if I head it correctly...I was driving and trying to avoid getting kilt.

Topic author
DikTracy6000
Sgt. Major

Re: Contrarian Investing-JNJ

Post by DikTracy6000 »

DikTracy6000 wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:34 pm Using the VW idea(covered on IGx), or Phillip Morris, many years ago; I love it when it a large profitable company gets hammered by a Billion dollar settlement. Johnson and Johnson has just moved into that list. $4.8 Billion settlement for selling talcum powder for what, 100 years? Kind of disappointed that today's price is only down 1.40 on light volume. Maybe it's already priced in when it was over 140 a share. Will have to wait and see. Hopefully the MSM will hammer them in the coming days or weeks. Of course not a lot of folks at IGx seem to use individual companies in their holdings. Be interested in hearing Spells' take on this.
Up $4.42 a share today. Not exactly the correction I was looking for.