Fauda

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Hebrew Hammer
Chief Rabbi

Fauda

Post by Hebrew Hammer »

On Netflix. Israeli production in Hebrew and Arabic, can get it dubbed or in English or subtitles. Israeli counterterrorist unit operating in West Bank. Training, killings galore, bombs, revenge, sex (shown modestly), betrayals (love, among battling groups), anti-hero tough guys, interrogation tactics (beyond torture), blackmail, bribery, politics, PLO, Hamas, ISIS, (who in West Bank joins which group and why), unending suspense, oddly non-political - as sympathetic a portrayal of all sides as you'll see. 2 seasons out. Third season due at the end of next year.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Re: Fauda

Post by Fat Cat »

My wife and I enjoyed the show a lot. First season slightly more than the second, but the whole thing is definitely worth a watch.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Topic author
Hebrew Hammer
Chief Rabbi

Post by Hebrew Hammer »

Fauda is all about the undercover operations Israel runs regularly in the West Bank to gather intelligence, or to capture or kill terrorists. What just happened in Gaza is one of these intelligence operations was uncovered and mayhem ensued as Hamas tried to capture (the big prize) or kill the undercover guys, and the undercover guys had to fight to get out. Fauda has a great episode on just this scenario.

Bobby
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bobby »

Haven`t watched it yet as I assumed it was pro palestinian/pro arab and I am not.
You`ll toughen up.Unless you have a serious medical condition commonly refered to as
"being a pussy".

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

No it's about Israeli intelligence.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

Great show. First season definitely a little stronger than the second, but I thought it was compelling, and actually pretty balanced.
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman

Topic author
Hebrew Hammer
Chief Rabbi

Post by Hebrew Hammer »

As near as i can piece it together, sounds like what happened in Gaza last week is that Israel sent in 4 counter-intel guys, 2 dressed as women, in a car. Sounds like they were trying to install a listening device outside of a commander of Hamas military wing, who came out to ask them what they were doing. He got suspicious, firefight breaks out, one Israeli CI killed and one wounded, the Hamas commander and his bodyguards killed, and then major firefight to excavate the 4 CI guys. Also sounds like the real target wasn't the commander, but his brother, an American-trained aerospace engineer who returned to Gaza to help develop its missile program.

Fauda nails it in bringing you right there.

Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge »

We watched the first episode...great recommendation HH.