RIP Glenn Pendlay

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Old Mother
Staff Sergeant

RIP Glenn Pendlay

Post by Old Mother »

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Re: RIP Glenn Pendlay

Post by Fat Cat »

RIP
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Bob Wildes

Post by Bob Wildes »

Sorry to see this. RIP Glenn Pendlay.
"Tell A.P. Hill he must come up."

Really Big Strong Guy

Post by Really Big Strong Guy »

What was his handle on him in the limited time he posted on here, sigi777 or something like that? Glenn will be missed.
The cool thing about training is that becoming more sexy is just a side effect........

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

sigfrith777 or something like that.

Glenn was a lifter's lifter and coach, and I too will miss him. His stroke diminished him somewhat, but he recovered. But the whole thing with Muscle Driver USA was weird, here he was, Pendlay bars, Pendlay bumpers, Pendlay DoWin shoes, then nothing.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

What happened?
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

syaigh
Sergeant Commanding

Post by syaigh »

Shafpocalypse Now wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:43 pm sigfrith777 or something like that.

Glenn was a lifter's lifter and coach, and I too will miss him. His stroke diminished him somewhat, but he recovered. But the whole thing with Muscle Driver USA was weird, here he was, Pendlay bars, Pendlay bumpers, Pendlay DoWin shoes, then nothing.
Well, there was that whole thing with the obnoxious wife beater who Muscle Driver dropped as a sponsor because he was a horrific human being. Not sure why Glen continued to support that train wreck. After the incident at our state meet, where I was a ref, and the asshole in question posted videos of him trying to mount a revolt, muscle driver let us know that they had already gotten rid of him. And USAW was forced to make an actual "no slamming bars" rule, which is just fucking stupid if you think about it. It would be like having to make a "don't intentionally shit on the platform" rule.

Plus, there was this whole weird era during this time when there was an effort to monetize weightlifting. Muscle Driver was in on it for a bit and then I think the whole thing became distasteful, the butthurt nation was born where slamming bars was considered a good thing, and everyone in weightlifting went full retard.

I kind of dropped off the scene soon after all that went down. It was gross.

I never really knew him. He wrote great things, a lot of people really respected him, and I heard a lot of good stuff about him, but he was always surrounded by assholes when I saw him so never really had a conversation with him.
Last edited by syaigh on Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Miss Piggy wrote:Never eat more than you can lift.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

Jon North didn't help. Nor did Donnie Shankle and his issues

syaigh
Sergeant Commanding

Post by syaigh »

Well, regardless, I'm sure his family is in a lot of pain. Peace be with them.
Miss Piggy wrote:Never eat more than you can lift.