Trudeau...

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer
Location: Upon the eternal throne of the great Republic of Turdistan

Trudeau...

Post by Turdacious »

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau apologized Wednesday for wearing brownface and blackface after a yearbook picture surfaced showing him at an Arabian Nights-themed party in 2001, embroiling the politician in another scandal as he faces a tough battle for a second term.

The photograph, published Wednesday by Time and taken while Trudeau was a teacher at the private West Point Grey Academy in Vancouver, depicts the then-29-year-old smiling while wearing a feathered turban, his face darkened in a practice with racist roots.

“I attended an end-of-year gala where the theme was Arabian nights. I dressed up in an Aladdin costume and put makeup on,” Trudeau said at a news conference Wednesday evening. “I shouldn’t have done that. I should have known better, but I didn’t, and I’m really sorry.”

Trudeau also admitted to wearing blackface in high school while singing the song “Day-O” at a talent show.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/20 ... med-party/
... is what nafod claims Trump is.
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Re: Trudeau...

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

Turdacious wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:16 am... is what nafod claims Trump is.
Ok, I’ll bite. How so?
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:22 am
Ok, I’ll bite. How so?
Seriously? There's a big difference in spouting off on 40 times a day on twitter and buying a costume and facepaint and going out in public. And even Ralph Northam had the good sense to not pull this shit this century.

Bram-- are you boycotting Canada because of this outrage?
"Liberalism is arbitrarily selective in its choice of whose dignity to champion." Adrian Vermeule

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

Global News has obtained video showing Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau in blackface, the third instance of racist dress to come to light in 12 hours.

It’s not clear when or where the video was taken, but the video, obtained exclusively by Global News, shows Trudeau covered in what appears to be dark makeup and raising his hands in the air while laughing, sticking his tongue out and making faces. He’s wearing a white T-shirt, and his jeans are ripped at the knees. It appears as though his arms and legs are covered in makeup as well. It does not appear the video was shot at the same time and place of the other photos of Trudeau in racist make-up that have emerged in the past 24 hours.
https://globalnews.ca/news/5922861/just ... ace-video/

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Turdacious wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:52 am
Grandpa's Spells wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:22 am
Ok, I’ll bite. How so?
Seriously? There's a big difference in spouting off on 40 times a day on twitter and buying a costume and facepaint and going out in public.
Please. If Trump were just spouting off on Twitter nobody would care, although this week it seemed like he was trying to get Ilhan Omar killed.

Start with how he treated black tenants in the 70's, continue with the Central Park Five, and work your way forward. You may need to clear your schedule for a couple days. He's been profoundly racist his entire adult life and into his presidency, and his racism informs his policy making. I understand some people don't care, and that people can be both good and racist, but he's not one of them.

Trudeau thought blackface/brownface was OK in his late-twenties. Not good, he needs to answer for it, but he's going to need to rack up a few hundred more points to compete with Trump.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says women who come forward with complaints of sexual assault and harassment must be supported and believed. And he's confident no one will be able to accuse him of the kinds of behaviour that have brought down several high-profile politicians this week. "I've been very, very careful all my life to be thoughtful, to be respectful of people's space and people's headspace as well," he told CBC Radio's The House, in an interview airing Saturday. When asked if any of his past actions could be misconstrued, Trudeau said he didn't think so. "This is something that I'm not new to. I've been working on issues around sexual assault for over 25 years.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudea ... -1.4511093
Respectful of people's headspace indeed.

Although your point that progressives should be held to a lower standard on issues that progressives care about than Trump should be is noted.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

You are being a silly goose on this one.

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

Revelations that Prime Minister Justin Trudeau of Canada has dressed up in brownface and blackface on multiple occasions have rocked his re-election campaign, reinforcing a narrative that has dogged him throughout his political career: that he isn’t really who he portrays himself to be. Mr. Trudeau has long cast himself as a glittering spokesman for the world’s beleaguered liberals, standing up to President Trump, supporting gender and Indigenous rights, welcoming immigrants, and fighting climate change and racism[...]

The new disclosures come only a few months after accusations surfaced that Mr. Trudeau had bullied his former justice minister and attorney general, an Indigenous woman, while pressing her to settle corruption charges against a major Quebec engineering company. When she didn’t comply, she accused him of demoting her. “Justin Trudeau has carefully crafted an image of what Canadians aspire to: hope, openness to the world and youth,” said Jean-Marc Léger, chief executive of Léger, a leading polling company in Montreal. “The blackface episode shatters that perfect image and casts questions on his authenticity.”
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/19/worl ... image.html
Et tu New York Times? This is a tough day for the but-Trumpers. I'll give him credit-- his hair is perfect.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Let's not completely lose sight of the fact that blackface is extremely funny, as is any adult who lets themselves get bent out of shape about it.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

I'm baffled. It occurred to me exactly never to put on blackface, and I did some stupid shit growing up.
Don’t believe everything you think.

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

Fat Cat wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:26 pm Let's not completely lose sight of the fact that blackface is extremely funny, as is any adult who lets themselves get bent out of shape about it.
This quote brought to you by Rex Kramer, Danger Seeker.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

nafod wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:48 pm I'm baffled. It occurred to me exactly never to put on blackface, and I did some stupid shit growing up.
You and spells must just be a riot at parties. :hlp:;K
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge »

Mak is cracking me up.

There are some things that are just inherently wrong. I don't know, say maybe murder, or thievery or robocalling. But just by way of the passage of time and the body politic deciding that something somebody did 20, 30, 40 years ago is now wrong...well, big yawn. Just fyi, I used black shoe polish as camo as a young jarhead. I want to deeply apologize for that now. I feel so ashamed.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Lettuce be cereal for a sec. I can't stand Trudeau or his simpering politics, but you gays love him. You would almost certainly like to see him reelected over his conservative opponent, because of your persistent stupidity.

Well, fine. But isn't it time that we dispensed completely with the whole hyperventilating, put-on sensitivity, outrage shtick? It's not productive on either side of the aisle and its incredibly sissified and unmanly. We used to be an audacious society that took risks, that didn't mind hurting feelings, and which was capable of overlooking minor offenses with the mindset of staying focused on the things that really matter.

If you think Trudeau's policies are what's best for Canada, why on earth do you care if he fucked around as a kid LARPing as a genie? It's puerile and corrosive to all aspects of American-Canadian society, and you're playing right into it.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Shapecharge wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:34 pm Mak is cracking me up.

There are some things that are just inherently wrong. I don't know, say maybe murder, or thievery or robocalling. But just by way of the passage of time and the body politic deciding that something somebody did 20, 30, 40 years ago is now wrong...well, big yawn. Just fyi, I used black shoe polish as camo as a young jarhead. I want to deeply apologize for that now. I feel so ashamed.
You deserve to be pegged by a blue-haired ham planet lesboid mulatta while a choir of blafricans drone intersectional feminist slam poetry in your ears.

FOR ETERNITY.

I am ashamed to know you.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

If your reaction to this is anything but laughter you ain't gonna make it. Bitches love blackface.

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Fat Cat wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:11 pm
nafod wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:48 pm I'm baffled. It occurred to me exactly never to put on blackface, and I did some stupid shit growing up.
You're talking to someone who threw a Jonestown Juice Jamboree with grain punch, and hosted a Migrant Farm Worker's college party with live chickens and sombreros (roommate's last name was Palacioz).

I just never got the blackface thing.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

TRIGGER WARNING JESUS NAFOD. I'm gonna go have a cry in the gender-neutral bathroom.

Topic author
Turdacious
Lifetime IGer

Post by Turdacious »

nafod wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:50 pm
Fat Cat wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:11 pm
You're talking to someone who threw a Jonestown Juice Jamboree with grain punch, and hosted a Migrant Farm Worker's college party with live chickens and sombreros (roommate's last name was Palacioz).

I just never got the blackface thing.

THIS IS A PROPER APOLOGY AND IT STILL ISN'T ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nafod
Lifetime IGer

Post by nafod »

Fat Cat wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:31 pm TRIGGER WARNING JESUS NAFOD. I'm gonna go have a cry in the gender-neutral bathroom.

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

It was a long night and I was tired.

Gene
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Gene »

Here is a video of him grabbing a guy and elbowing a woman in Parliament.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrLhIYhk4a8[/youtube]

Here's the story....

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudea ... -1.3588407

Trudeau was in a hurry to manhandle the opposition into holding a vote. He's a Trudeau, he's important.
Don't like yourself too much.