Happy Birthday Andy83!

Topics without replies are pruned every 365 days. Not moderated.

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Happy Birthday Andy83!

Post by Fat Cat »

Today is/would have been Andy's birthday. I think he would have been Andy91 or something like that now, but I remember when he was Andy68. He was one of the originals here at IGX and now drinks Old Milwaukee and smokes un-taxed tobacco on the great big reservation in the sky. <<<<q
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Happy Birthday Andy83!

Post by baffled »

I was just thinking of Andy the other day. Happy birthday young'un.
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman

DrDonkeyLove...
Sarge

Re: Happy Birthday Andy83!

Post by DrDonkeyLove... »

I think of Andy regularly and know I'd enjoy his take on the present day.
He was unique and eccentric but had worldly wisdom. "Just sittin and rockin and watching the show"

Andrew J. Komorny, ‘Andy’ died peacefully at a nursing home on March 28, 2019 in Mount Pleasant, Michigan at the age of eighty-five. Andy is survived by his children, Karen Komorny, Laurie Murphy (Brian), and Steven Komorny; granddaughter, Natalie Race. He is preceded in death by his parents Ignatius and Ann Komorny; siblings, Edward Komorny, Alice Silvernail, and Irene Kumpan. Andy was born on September 22, 1933 in Amsterdam, New York and was raised in Johnstown, New York. After serving in the U.S. Navy during the Korean War, he completed B.A. and M.A. degrees from Michigan State University. Andy worked in counseling and business occupations while spending most of his life in Michigan. He obtained an airplane pilot’s license and flew his family to New York to visit relatives. Andy believed in the benefits of physical exercise and, after the age of seventy, won five national weight lifting awards. He will be remembered and missed by many. A private memorial service was held.