Star Wars: Squadrons

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Star Wars: Squadrons

Post by Fat Cat »

I'm sorely tempted to buy this game. Have any of you played it and, if so, what did you think?
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

Ronald RayGun

Re: Star Wars: Squadrons

Post by Ronald RayGun »

I'm in the same boat. Mad tempted. Seen it for as low as $26.
"Sorry I didn't save the world, my friend. I was too busy building mine again" - Kendrick Lamar

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

I want to be a dashing young pilot clearing the space lanes of rebel scum.
"I have longed for shipwrecks, for havoc and violent death.” - Havoc, T. Kristensen

newguy
Sgt. Major

Post by newguy »

PS4?

Supposed to 25 for Target's black friday sale.
Might be 25 at walmart right now.

I'm going to be getting it at that price.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Xbox for me and my boy.

Ronald RayGun

Post by Ronald RayGun »

Picked up a copy on ebay. I'll report back after some time with both story mode and online ish.
"Sorry I didn't save the world, my friend. I was too busy building mine again" - Kendrick Lamar

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Please do, and post any first impressions too. I can feel my resistance falling, may buy tonight.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

I broke down and bought, the first video game I've purchased in 10+ years. Right now I'm just going through the training missions getting the hang of things.

Ronald RayGun

Post by Ronald RayGun »

Fat Cat wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:24 pm first video game I've purchased in 10+ years
Ahh, then I'm all the more interested in your take.

PS: Cut the chatter, Red 2

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells »

The VR version of this looks pretty sweet.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Ronald RayGun

Post by Ronald RayGun »

Grandpa's Spells wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:57 am The VR version of this looks pretty sweet.
I have PSVR, so I'll have a review for that aspect of the game up as well. Now it just has to get here ...

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

PC master race or bust, nigga.

This game gets mixed reviews on steam, so I haven't picked it up, but I'm interested in its reception here.
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

I'm enjoying it so far, I just wanna blast things out of the sky.

newguy
Sgt. Major

Post by newguy »

Zack
3.0 out of 5 stars EA's "wokeness" has ruined another game.
Reviewed in the United States on October 6, 2020
Platform: PlayStation 4Edition: StandardVerified Purchase
The game starts out ok, the excitement of Star Wars gets you interested. Then quickly you get hit in the face with sjw propaganda and anti-white narrative. What could have been a fun game to play turns into a lack-luster experience with minimal to no options for 80% of its fan base
Which one of you is Zack?

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

newguy wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:05 am
Zack
3.0 out of 5 stars EA's "wokeness" has ruined another game.
Reviewed in the United States on October 6, 2020
Platform: PlayStation 4Edition: StandardVerified Purchase
The game starts out ok, the excitement of Star Wars gets you interested. Then quickly you get hit in the face with sjw propaganda and anti-white narrative. What could have been a fun game to play turns into a lack-luster experience with minimal to no options for 80% of its fan base
Which one of you is Zack?
I've been playing the storyline and there's a fair helping of butch women, non-binaries, and minorities as characters but the actual gameplay is awesome. They really captured the cinematic experience of star pilots in the films, and many small details about diverting power between different ship systems, coordinating squadron tactics, and customizing the ships you fly give it a solid immersive feeling. As I said, I haven't played games in a long time, so I can't really give it a meaningful review, but I think it's super fun and my 13 year old does too, although he's still kinda gay for Battlefront II.

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled »

Battlefront II was a good game. I'm looking forward to 6 coming out next year.
"Gentle in what you do, Firm in how you do it"
- Buck Brannaman

Ronald RayGun

Post by Ronald RayGun »

Great presentation and controller interface. Everything can be fine tuned to your liking. Looks great and only took me about 5-10 minutes to feel like I really had a hang of things. That's all I have so far as I only played for about 20 mins last night before I crashed. Really looking forward to a much deeper dive.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Ronald RayGun wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:50 pm Great presentation and controller interface. Everything can be fine tuned to your liking. Looks great and only took me about 5-10 minutes to feel like I really had a hang of things. That's all I have so far as I only played for about 20 mins last night before I crashed. Really looking forward to a much deeper dive.
The customization of the UI, ships, etc. is crazy, I've barely scratched the surface. You can constantly shift power between different ship's systems as needed, overcharge engines for boosts, etc. I get absolute bent over by little kids playing online tho. Guess that's to be expected lol. :Hangman:

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now »

This is akin to where people felt that Mad Max: Fury Road was toooooooo wooooooooke to enjoy, when, in reality, it was pretty much exactly what the director and creator of Mad Max wanted

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

Shafpocalypse Now wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:24 am This is akin to where people felt that Mad Max: Fury Road was toooooooo wooooooooke to enjoy, when, in reality, it was pretty much exactly what the director and creator of Mad Max wanted
I have no idea what you're talking about.

Topic author
Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat »

I am getting absolutely bent over by ten year olds playing online. I had to rage quit voice chat because of their squeaky little voices.

Ronald RayGun

Post by Ronald RayGun »

I've yet to venture online. I know I'd get murked with a quickness. Give me another week and I'll be bullseyeing Wamp Rats.

Ronald RayGun

Post by Ronald RayGun »

Ronald RayGun wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:15 pm I've yet to venture online. I know I'd get murked with a quickness. Give me another week and I'll be bullseyeing Womp Rats.

Ronald RayGun

Post by Ronald RayGun »

double

Ronald RayGun

Post by Ronald RayGun »

I've been neglecting the fuck out of this game. WAY too into Street Fighter V and Smash Bros Ultimate. I'll try to take the VR mode for a spin on the morrow.