Deltech Fitness DF-820 Power Rack

Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
Scott Shetler
Gunny

Deltech Fitness DF-820 Power Rack

Post by Scott Shetler »

This is a great rack for anyone who doesn't want to spend over $500 for an awesome rack for your home gym.

The Cons:

-no sumo base, if you're a wide box squatter you will have to work outside the rack. no biggie though.

-spot pins are pretty thin, not sure how they will tolerate pin pulls over time. extra pins may be ordered from Deltech and they are not expensive.

The Pros:

-No Shipping charges. Rack cost $405 and this included shipping. About 2 months ago they were selling it for $385/no shipping so I don't know if they plan on increasing the price again.

-I orderd on Monday evening and it arrived yesterday. AWESOME turn around time.

-holes start at the very top of the rack and go all the way to about 5-6" off the ground. GREAT variety in adjustments.

-straight pullup bar and it is sturdy as hell.

-rack is incredibly sturdy and rated up to 1000lbs

-j-hooks are NOT deep at all, no "extra" pressing to get the bar out.

-it is easy to put together. the two side pieces are welded as one unit so you only have to bolt down 3 cross braces and the pull up bar.

-the rack has an extra deep base so it won't tip and doesn't need to be bolted down. the fact that the back cross brace is set so far back makes floor pressing inside the rack very easy, and since the pins can be set up so close to the ground you can floor press without a spotter safely.

-extra j-hooks and extra pins can be ordered for a fairly cheap price.

All in all it's not an EFS rack (if you have the $$$ go with one of theirs), but I didn't have to pay $850-$1000 either. This thing is just as solid as about 99% of the racks I've seen in commercial gyms and the price is freakin' awesome. I recommend this rack to anyone looking for a good option in a home rack and it will definitely take some abuse.

http://www.fitnessdestination.com/df820-squat-rack.htm

-Scott