Tell us if you found a gem or a piece of shit, and who peddled it

Moderator: Dux

Topic author
macmad
Gunny

Dan John DVD's

Post by macmad »

Carried Away:
Covers farmers walks, waiter walks, sled dragging, BB walks and plenty of variations of. Lot's of good ideas for improvising workouts outdoors
with weights.
Would work a lot better for me if I had a field or path behind my house like Dan does.
cost $ 35 us
Rating: 7/10.

From the group up:
covers Squat, Snatch and Clean tips and Techniques.
includes demo's of Maxwell exercise Bootstraps and Halo's which I found usefull as they provide a usefull warmup and a use for my 12kg KB
Covers form tips in simple terms for Snatch, Cleans
Squat variations are no weight, and Goblet
tips on gripping bar on front squats.
Only thing missing was some info on full versions of Clean and Snatch.
I'm having trouble fitting the squat into the clean and snatch, I think the answer is just do it with light weight to learn the technique.
All the lifts are performed with light weight by either Dan or his wife Tiffini
I would have liked to see some heavy lifts to see if technique changed.
Cost $ 50 us
Rating 8/10

Service: Excellent: Ordered on crossfit norcal site just before christmas, arrived about 6th Jan to Perth Australia so pretty fast compared to DD.
Freight cost was $ 10 which I'm happy with ( actual postage cost was $ 7.50 ). One of my DVD's had an error on the later chapters, emailed Robb Wolf and he replyed straight away with offer to replace

Production quality: Semi-professional 4:3 format, well set out into chapters. Some of the psychadelic colours in the chapter titles are a bit off, but overall very well done.
Packing was in standard CD cases not DVD and no manuals or chapter lists on the case.

The Carried away DVD is recommended for anyone wanting to add some different carry type drills into their routine.
the From the Groud up DVD is recommended if you want to add Cleans and Snatchs into your routine. May be too basic for experienced lifters