IronGarm

IGX "...overflowing with foulmouthed ignorance."
It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:50 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:00 pm 

Mike Caviston's posts on the, "Tell me about your training..." thread resonated with me. Especially this: " I want to be strong enough to easily maneuver my weight across various terrains, and carry what’s necessary. I’m a go-to guy when furniture needs to be moved because I can handle my end of the big pieces and I have the stamina to carry boxes of books and appliances up and down stairs all day long. Mostly, I use strength training to develop injury resistance. My muscles, bones and tendons can take the hours of endurance training, and I compensate for the imbalances that might otherwise develop. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t have aches and pains or that from time to time various body parts don’t complain and make me alter my routine a little, but it’s all tolerable and manageable, and in any calendar year there are only two or three days when I don’t train. "

So, a little Google-Fu led me to this resource: https://www.sealswcc.com/forums/showthread.php?38-Strength-training-Start-here Many or you may already know of this, but I did not. I printed out the whole thead and I'm looking forward to reading it.

(Thanks to Mike Caviston for making this information available!)

Enjoy !

Last edited by Cayenne on Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:09 pm 
Sergeant Commanding

It would probably be good to copy/nugget this info.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:10 pm 
Sergeant Commanding

MC is definitely a smart man. If that hits your goals it is all laid out for you. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

"Legio mihi nomen est, quia multi sumus."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:29 pm 

Caviston also wrote on that thread about the "asset" of, "...the patience to accept slow gains for a long time." Jack-PL54 mentioned on that thread, one of his assets, "...i am in no rush but will relentlessly achieve what i want." Although they have excelled at different forms of athleticism, the soundness of gradual progression they both express impresses me greatly. (A high pressure salesman was pitching me a basement waterproofing job, using some F.U.D.* tactics, but drew upon a great image. "Water is the most powerful thing. Look at the Grand Canyon." Training=Like Chi=Like water=necessary to carve the desired "product," which, actually, is never complete. )

*F.U.D. = Fear, uncertainty, doubt

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:15 pm 
Sergeant Commanding

Quote:
STRENGTH TRAINING GUIDELINES

General Considerations
Rationale for the Guidelines: When it comes to endurance training, my recommendations are pretty specific (one high-intensity short interval session, one long interval session, and multiple LSD sessions per week for running and swimming), and I encourage candidates to follow those recommendations pretty closely. When it comes to strength training, there are many approaches to training and many programs you might follow, with different methods used and various exercises selected, but each approach capable of adequately preparing you for BUD/S. There are also programs I would discourage you from following because they are ineffective or unsafe. The specific strength training guidelines I am providing here are appropriate for candidates starting preparation with a low level of fitness, and for people with little weightlifting experience. (The guidelines are also appropriate and effective for experienced lifters beginning with a high level of fitness.) The guidelines are designed to provide good results with limited risks (we want training to prevent more injuries than it causes). The strength recommendations are also intended to be time-efficient, keeping your schedule more open to develop your running and swimming abilities.
Definition of Strength: “Strength” refers to the ability to produce force in a single all-out effort. High levels of strength allow you to lift or move heavy objects or to control the movements of opponents or aggressors. Strength is determined by such variables as muscle fiber type, architecture and size (bigger muscles tend to produce more force), as well as neural stimulation (activating more fibers during a contraction results in greater force production). While maximal strength is limited by genetic factors, it can be increased significantly if the right training stimuli are applied.
Benefits of Strength: For a BUD/S student, strength has many benefits. Early in the program, you and your classmates will spend a lot of time carrying 200-lb logs and 300-lb boats. Later, you will carry weapons, ammo and gear everywhere you go. The stronger you are, the less physical and mental stress these training evolutions will cause. Developing strong muscles will also develop strong bones and connective tissues, making you more resistant to injuries – a very desirable quality for a BUD/S student. I strongly encourage BUD/S candidates to structure strength training towards goals of injury prevention as well as goals of performance. Success at BUD/S requires a body that can take the ongoing pounding of daily training evolutions as well as occasionally move heavy things.
Muscular Strength and Muscular Endurance: These two qualities complement each other. Increasing your absolute strength using such exercises as bench press and lat pull-downs will make it easier for you to move your body weight multiple times when doing push-ups or pull-ups. Increasing your general muscular endurance with multiple sets and repetitions of a variety of calisthenics exercises (push-ups, pull-ups, sit-ups, dips, lunges, flutter kicks, etc.) will enhance your strength training. While these qualities are related and overlap each other to some extent, they are not the same and so training time should be devoted to each. To some extent, strength and muscular endurance routines could be performed on the same day, but for best results it is probably a good idea to do most of your calisthenics work on days when you are not strength training.
Core Strength: Core strength is required for both optimal performance and to make the body more resistant to injury.The muscles that surround and support the spine and help transmit forces between the upper and lower extremities need both strength and endurance. There are several specialized “core” exercises (such as plank, side plank, bridge, and bird dog) that should be incorporated into training. Additionally, a proper weight lifting/resistance training program will enhance core strength.
The Training Stimulus: We want our strength program to generate the optimal training stimulus (a signal that tells the muscles to get stronger, and if desired, to get bigger). Many people assume a hormonal response is the most important signal, but in fact hormones will only amplify the response to training, not cause changes to occur. The actual signal to the muscle results from changes that occur at the molecular level due to mechanical stress within the muscle fibers during forceful contractions. An effective program will include some exercises that isolate muscles very specifically (allowing the most forceful contractions per unit of muscle), as well as some whole-body exercises that utilize many muscles simultaneously (causing a greater release of anabolic hormones such as growth hormone and testosterone). Optimal stimulation occurs when movements are performed slowly enough to allow fibers to generate high levels of tension, and movements are performed through a full Range of Motion (ROM) to affect the molecular components of the entire fiber. Negative or eccentric contractions are particularly effective for developing intramuscular tension and stimulating strength adaptations.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:34 pm 
Lifetime IGer

Cayenne wrote:
Mike Caviston's posts on the, "Tell me about your training..." thread resonated with me. Especially this: " I want to be strong enough to easily maneuver my weight across various terrains, and carry what’s necessary. I’m a go-to guy when furniture needs to be moved because I can handle my end of the big pieces and I have the stamina to carry boxes of books and appliances up and down stairs all day long. Mostly, I use strength training to develop injury resistance. My muscles, bones and tendons can take the hours of endurance training, and I compensate for the imbalances that might otherwise develop. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t have aches and pains or that from time to time various body parts don’t complain and make me alter my routine a little, but it’s all tolerable and manageable, and in any calendar year there are only two or three days when I don’t train. "

Yeah, this is what I am looking for. Thanks, Cayenne.

https://vimeo.com/72300807

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:33 am 
Sgt. Major

Quote:
Sample PT #1
20 push-ups
12 pull-ups
100 walking lunges
30 vertical jumps
1’ leg lever (static hold)
30 wipers
2x45” Superman w/ T & Y (static hold)
60 walking lunges
20 vertical jumps
10 pike push-ups
12 inverted rows
10 pike push-ups
12 inverted rows
2’ plank
1’ side plank (each side)
1’ bridge (each leg)
2’ plank
Sprints

Sample PT #2
8 chin-ups
10 pike push-ups
10 pull-ups
20 push-ups
12 inverted rows
[repeat upper body cycle]
20 vertical jumps
10 broad jumps
5-5 lateral jumps (each side)
[repeat lower body cycle]
2’ plank
20 4-count flutter kicks
20 wipers
1’ side plank (outer thigh/inner thigh, each side)
[repeat core cycle]
Sprints

Sample PT #3
13 pull-ups
13 pike push-ups
10 chin-ups
20 push-ups
10 pull-ups
10 pike push-ups
8 chin-ups
25 push-ups
Continuously, w/ no pause:
3’ walking lunges/2’ plank/1’ leg lever (static hold); repeat cycle 4x
Sprints

Sample PT #4
By pairs: one partner holds static contraction while other partner performs reps
of dynamic exercise; switch
10 inverted rows/side plank outer (L)
10 dips/side plank outer (R)
10 inverted rows/side plank inner (L)
10 dips/side plank inner (R)
2 x 15 knees-to-elbows
30 Russian twists
10 broad jumps, lateral jumps, pike push-ups
Repeat sequence w/ 8-6-4 reps
Sprints

Sample PT #5
15 pull-ups
25 push-ups
10 chin-ups
15 pike push-ups
30yds walking lunges
30yds broad jumps
20 4-count Superman (alt. lift left arm/right leg,
right arm/left leg)
2’ plank
90” side plank, each side (45” outer thigh,
45” inner thigh)
45” bridge, 2x each leg, alternating
20 4-count flutter kicks
20 4-count bird dog, each combination
(left arm/right leg, right arm/left leg); move arm and leg laterally
45 degrees and back w/ each count
Sprints

Sample PT #6
2-4-6-8-6-4-2 chin-ups alt. w/
3-6-9-12-9-6-3 push-ups
4 x 10 air squats alt. w/
4 x 10 vertical jumps
30”-45”-60”-60”-45”-30” plank alt. w/
Leg lever static hold (same times)
50yds walking lunge
Sprints
2 x 30 wipers
Max pull-ups @ own pace (1 set)

Sample PT #7
12 pull-ups
12 pike push-ups
12 pull-ups
12 pike push-ups
6 chin-ups
20 push-ups
6 chin-ups
20 push-ups
15 inverted rows
10 dips
3 vertical jumps, 2 broad jumps,
1-1 lat. jumps (repeat x10)
50 reverse crunches
2 x 45” Superman (w/ Y & T)
1’ bridge, each leg
1’ side plank (30” outer thigh, 30” inner thigh), each side

Sample PT #8
10 pull-ups
10 pike push-ups
10 pull-ups
10 pike push-ups
1’ inverted row static hold
1’ plank
1’ plank
20 vertical jumps
20 push-ups
1’ leg lever static hold
20 vertical jumps
20 push-ups
1’ leg lever static hold
30 wipers
30 wipers
Sprints

Quote:
Re: STRENGTH TRAINING: START HERE
Sample PT #9
12 pull-ups
20 push-ups
10 chin-ups
12 pike push-ups
10 inverted rows
10 dips
20 vertical jumps
10 broad jumps
2’ plank
2’ leg lever static hold
30 wipers
12 pull-ups
20 push-ups
10 chin-ups
12 pike push-ups
Sprints

Sample PT #10
5’ walking lunge (2.5’ out, 2.5’ back)
6 x (40” on/20” off) plank – left foot up,
right foot up, left side, right side,
left foot up, right foot up
75 sit-ups (PST-style; partner holds feet)
20 4-count bird dog, right arm/left leg
(move limbs 45° in frontal plane)
10 4-count mountain climbers
(begin w/ 2 brief demo sets)
20 4-count bird dog, left arm/right leg
5’ walking lunge (2.5’ forward, 2.5’ backward)
25 push-ups

Sample PT #11
12 pull-ups
12 pike push-ups
12 chin-ups
20 push-ups
12 inverted rows
10 dips
50 walking lunge (FWD)
50 walking lunge (BWD)
15 vertical jumps
5 broad jumps
1’ front plank
1’ side plank (left)
1’ leg lever hold
1’ front plank
1’ side plank (right)
1’ leg lever hold
30 wipers

Sample PT #12
15 pull-ups
25 push-ups
10 chin-ups
15 pike push-ups
2’ plank
2’ walking lunge (1’ FWD/1’ BWD)
2’ leg lever hold
8 broad jumps
2’ bridge (1’ R leg/1’ L leg)
15 vertical jumps
2’ plank
2’ leg lever hold
8 broad jumps
15 vertical jumps
1’ inverted row (static hold)
1’ side plank (R side)
1’ side plank (L side)

Sample PT #13
12 pull-ups
20 push-ups
10 chin-ups
12 pike push-ups
12 pull-ups
20 push-ups
10 inverted rows
10 dips
20 vertical jumps
10 broad jumps
5-5 lateral jumps (R-L)
2’/2’ walking lunges (FWD-BWD)
2’ plank
2’ leg lever hold
1’/1’ side plank (L-R)
30 wipers
2’ plank
20 4-count flutter kicks

Sample PT #14
40 pull-ups, performed individually
@ own pace; 1st set max;
complete total in fewest sets possible
Using 15-lb dumbbells:
5 Ts (mid trap), right arm only, left arm only
5 Ys (lower trap), right arm only, left arm only
50yds walking lunge w/dumbbells, FWD
Put dumbbells down, then 50yds carioca right,
50yds carioca left
Pick up dumbbells, then
50yds walking lunge, BWD
2’ plank
2’ leg lever hold
30 shoulder press (w/ dumbbells),
15 standing on left leg, 15 on right leg
W/ single dumbbell, 2 x 20 Russian twists
Sprints

Sample PT #15
10 chin-ups
10 pull-ups
20 push-ups
1’/1’ side plank (L-R)
10 chin-ups
10 pull-ups
20 push-ups
1’/1’ side plank (L-R)
3 x 1’ leg lever hold
40 wipers
3 x 1’ superman (T; Y; alternating)
12 manual sit-ups (partner provides resistance)
Standing lunge complex:
5 reps each leg, front, side, back

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:24 pm 
Sergeant Commanding

I hereby publically challenge Caviston to a shirtless kayak contest!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:36 pm 

MC has pulled some insanely fast 2000 meter rows on a Concept2 in competition and
I would think that his current job would be one of the ones a lot of people in the greater
fitness industry would love to have. :prayer:

Last edited by Bob Wildes on Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:02 pm 
Lifetime IGer

Difference between a coach and a couch. Between science and occultism.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:12 pm 
Sgt. Major

so what do you muscular guys think about caviston's advice for overall strength, lots of different lifts, one set to failure?

no one here that i've read has been promoting that approach.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:28 pm 
Lifetime IGer

dead man walking wrote:
so what do you muscular guys think about caviston's advice for overall strength, lots of different lifts, one set to failure?

no one here that i've read has been promoting that approach.

I don't agree with it for everyone but it has some real merit for many people. His definition of "overall strength" is just different than mine but I do a lot of working up to a single heavy set with AMRAP-not failure but just shy. This is part of how 531 works.

His recommendations on general training for BUD/s is very similar to the way I've suggested to train for adventure racing.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:19 am 
Private

Thanks for the interest and supportive comments. One important thing to remember as you look through my recommendations: if you want to be competitive at the sport of lifting, look somewhere else. My focus is on general strength and injury resistance (and avoiding injury as a result of training!) My personal opinion is that a lot of sports as well as the military are over utilizing S & C methods and employing S & C coaches who coach weightlifting (the sport). The competitive lifts don’t transfer outside of competition nearly as much as people think, and people who train the competitive lifts tend to ignore key body parts vulnerable to injury or used to resist injury. So, just be clear on your goals and decide what you want to get out of lifting weights. Also, I acknowledge there are other formats to accomplish my stated goals, but I want to be time-efficient (more time for endurance training) and promote as much balance across the whole body as possible (who here has ever given any thought to their dorsiflexors or forefoot abductors/adductors?) If you look at my thread on SEALSWCC.com, the most recent post tries to explain in detail. The sample PTs that have been copied here are okay, but a little out of date, and I’ve moved towards a more standardized format.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:23 am 
Private

protobuilder wrote:

Dude, name the time and place! But my kayak is already shirtless.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:03 pm 

Wait.... Mike Caviston of BUDs is posting on IGx as "Mike Caviston"? Srsly?

The stuff he is writing is impeccably clear and logical. It's porridge, vegetables and water compared to the fizz bombs and bullshit of others. It's straightforward, it's hard going and it works.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:13 pm 
Lifetime IGer

Gorby, Glassman once attempted to throw MC under the bus due to jealously over his professional association with the military and actually being able to enhance the performance of the soldiers under his guidance. He showed up on the couch thread and occasionally contributes to and infrequent post that piques his interest

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:22 pm 
Sergeant Commanding

vaudeville wrote:
Quote:
Sample PT #1
20 push-ups
12 pull-ups
100 walking lunges
30 vertical jumps
1’ leg lever (static hold)
30 wipers
2x45” Superman w/ T & Y (static hold)
60 walking lunges
20 vertical jumps
10 pike push-ups
12 inverted rows
10 pike push-ups
12 inverted rows
2’ plank
1’ bridge (each leg)
2’ plank
Sprints

Sample PT #2
8 chin-ups
10 pike push-ups
10 pull-ups
20 push-ups
12 inverted rows
[repeat upper body cycle]
20 vertical jumps
10 broad jumps
[repeat lower body cycle]
2’ plank
20 4-count flutter kicks
20 wipers
1’ side plank (outer thigh/inner thigh, each side)
[repeat core cycle]
Sprints

Sample PT #3
13 pull-ups
13 pike push-ups
10 chin-ups
20 push-ups
10 pull-ups
10 pike push-ups
8 chin-ups
25 push-ups
Continuously, w/ no pause:
3’ walking lunges/2’ plank/1’ leg lever (static hold); repeat cycle 4x
Sprints

Sample PT #4
By pairs: one partner holds static contraction while other partner performs reps
of dynamic exercise; switch
10 inverted rows/side plank outer (L)
10 dips/side plank outer (R)
10 inverted rows/side plank inner (L)
10 dips/side plank inner (R)
2 x 15 knees-to-elbows
30 Russian twists
10 broad jumps, lateral jumps, pike push-ups
Repeat sequence w/ 8-6-4 reps
Sprints

Sample PT #5
15 pull-ups
25 push-ups
10 chin-ups
15 pike push-ups
30yds walking lunges
30yds broad jumps
20 4-count Superman (alt. lift left arm/right leg,
right arm/left leg)
2’ plank
90” side plank, each side (45” outer thigh,
45” inner thigh)
45” bridge, 2x each leg, alternating
20 4-count flutter kicks
20 4-count bird dog, each combination
(left arm/right leg, right arm/left leg); move arm and leg laterally
45 degrees and back w/ each count
Sprints

Sample PT #6
2-4-6-8-6-4-2 chin-ups alt. w/
3-6-9-12-9-6-3 push-ups
4 x 10 air squats alt. w/
4 x 10 vertical jumps
30”-45”-60”-60”-45”-30” plank alt. w/
Leg lever static hold (same times)
50yds walking lunge
Sprints
2 x 30 wipers
Max pull-ups @ own pace (1 set)

Sample PT #7
12 pull-ups
12 pike push-ups
12 pull-ups
12 pike push-ups
6 chin-ups
20 push-ups
6 chin-ups
20 push-ups
15 inverted rows
10 dips
3 vertical jumps, 2 broad jumps,
1-1 lat. jumps (repeat x10)
50 reverse crunches
2 x 45” Superman (w/ Y & T)
1’ bridge, each leg
1’ side plank (30” outer thigh, 30” inner thigh), each side

Sample PT #8
10 pull-ups
10 pike push-ups
10 pull-ups
10 pike push-ups
1’ plank
1’ plank
20 vertical jumps
20 push-ups
1’ leg lever static hold
20 vertical jumps
20 push-ups
1’ leg lever static hold
30 wipers
30 wipers
Sprints

Quote:
Re: STRENGTH TRAINING: START HERE
Sample PT #9
12 pull-ups
20 push-ups
10 chin-ups
12 pike push-ups
10 inverted rows
10 dips
20 vertical jumps
10 broad jumps
2’ plank
2’ leg lever static hold
30 wipers
12 pull-ups
20 push-ups
10 chin-ups
12 pike push-ups
Sprints

Sample PT #10
5’ walking lunge (2.5’ out, 2.5’ back)
6 x (40” on/20” off) plank – left foot up,
right foot up, left side, right side,
left foot up, right foot up
75 sit-ups (PST-style; partner holds feet)
20 4-count bird dog, right arm/left leg
10 4-count mountain climbers
(begin w/ 2 brief demo sets)
20 4-count bird dog, left arm/right leg
5’ walking lunge (2.5’ forward, 2.5’ backward)
25 push-ups

Sample PT #11
12 pull-ups
12 pike push-ups
12 chin-ups
20 push-ups
12 inverted rows
10 dips
50 walking lunge (FWD)
50 walking lunge (BWD)
15 vertical jumps
5 broad jumps
1’ front plank
1’ side plank (left)
1’ leg lever hold
1’ front plank
1’ side plank (right)
1’ leg lever hold
30 wipers

Sample PT #12
15 pull-ups
25 push-ups
10 chin-ups
15 pike push-ups
2’ plank
2’ leg lever hold
8 broad jumps
15 vertical jumps
2’ plank
2’ leg lever hold
8 broad jumps
15 vertical jumps
1’ side plank (R side)
1’ side plank (L side)

Sample PT #13
12 pull-ups
20 push-ups
10 chin-ups
12 pike push-ups
12 pull-ups
20 push-ups
10 inverted rows
10 dips
20 vertical jumps
10 broad jumps
5-5 lateral jumps (R-L)
2’/2’ walking lunges (FWD-BWD)
2’ plank
2’ leg lever hold
1’/1’ side plank (L-R)
30 wipers
2’ plank
20 4-count flutter kicks

Sample PT #14
40 pull-ups, performed individually
@ own pace; 1st set max;
complete total in fewest sets possible
Using 15-lb dumbbells:
50yds walking lunge w/dumbbells, FWD
Put dumbbells down, then 50yds carioca right,
50yds carioca left
Pick up dumbbells, then
50yds walking lunge, BWD
2’ plank
2’ leg lever hold
30 shoulder press (w/ dumbbells),
15 standing on left leg, 15 on right leg
W/ single dumbbell, 2 x 20 Russian twists
Sprints

Sample PT #15
10 chin-ups
10 pull-ups
20 push-ups
1’/1’ side plank (L-R)
10 chin-ups
10 pull-ups
20 push-ups
1’/1’ side plank (L-R)
3 x 1’ leg lever hold
40 wipers
3 x 1’ superman (T; Y; alternating)
12 manual sit-ups (partner provides resistance)
Standing lunge complex:
5 reps each leg, front, side, back

This makes way more sense for the snakeaters than alternating box jumps and power cleans like the @fit acolytes i see out here. Those folks need more strength endurance than limit strength or WOD foolishness.

"He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how." Friedrich Nietzsche

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:29 pm 
Sergeant Commanding

Mike Caviston wrote:
protobuilder wrote:

Dude, name the time and place! But my kayak is already shirtless.

...just let me finish my frosty beverage first...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:03 pm 
Lifetime IGer

Mike Caviston wrote:
My personal opinion is that a lot of sports as well as the military are over utilizing S & C methods and employing S & C coaches who coach weightlifting (the sport). The competitive lifts don’t transfer outside of competition nearly as much as people think, and people who train the competitive lifts tend to ignore key body parts vulnerable to injury or used to resist injury.

Can you expand on this a little? Aside from the competitive lifts (Snatch,Clean & Jerk) do you feel the power variants are have little practical carryover to your community? would you say the same about the squat dead and pressing moves as well?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:52 pm 
Sergeant Commanding

Somebody post his new bodyweight template.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:06 pm 

Shafpocalypse Now wrote:
Gorby, Glassman once attempted to throw MC under the bus due to jealously over his professional association with the military and actually being able to enhance the performance of the soldiers under his guidance. He showed up on the couch thread and occasionally contributes to and infrequent post that piques his interest

Thanks, Shaf. Mike - great you're posting.

I do remember the Caviston drama with CF. Couch critiqued his form on picking up a log on a beach. It was laughable. He whipped up a lot of "outrage" amongst the cultists that CF wasn't going to "save lives" for the troops by having Josh Everett appointed to the position Caviston got. Josh struck me as a sound bloke all the same.

As I recall, Caviston came out looking classy and put out a logical set of reasons why CF isn't suitable and is illogical. Without actually naming CF if I recall correctly.

I am reasonably close to those PT drills in practice at the moment but my stuff isn't as thorough or varied. Going to give them a try. Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:22 pm 
Sergeant Commanding

Gorbachev wrote:
Shafpocalypse Now wrote:

I do remember the Caviston drama with CF. Couch critiqued his form on picking up a log on a beach. It was laughable. He whipped up a lot of "outrage" amongst the cultists that CF wasn't going to "save lives" for the troops by having Josh Everett appointed to the position Caviston got. Josh struck me as a sound bloke all the same.

As I recall, Caviston came out looking classy and put out a logical set of reasons why CF isn't suitable and is illogical. Without actually naming CF if I recall correctly.

I am reasonably close to those PT drills in practice at the moment but my stuff isn't as thorough or varied. Going to give them a try. Thanks.

You work out?

http://www.myphysicalculture.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:14 pm 

Dunn wrote:
Gorbachev wrote:
Shafpocalypse Now wrote:

You work out?

Does the Pope shit in the woods?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:44 pm 
Sergeant Commanding

Quote:

When do you go over the Beacons?

"Legio mihi nomen est, quia multi sumus."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:18 pm 

tough old man wrote:
Quote:

When do you go over the Beacons?

Am shamed. Not in 2012. Have been doing some good training, I'm lean, eating clean....but work and family not permitting it just now - made the mistake of not staking it out in time. Schoolboy error. I have a good buddy who wants to do it so summer 2013 is agreed. Got a few hikes in without a Bergen and really enjoyed them. Hoping to get a few more lads interested and make it interesting and some friendly competition should spur us all on. I'd say a pint of bitter afterwards will be heaven.