Rucking

Stick to training related posts.

Moderators: Dux, seeahill

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Rucking

Post by TerryB » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:41 pm

aussie luke wrote:Anyone had any joy carrying a kettlebell in a backpack?

I'd like to be able to carry it about a mile up the road to a park, do a workout then walk back, during my lunch breaks.
:Hangman:

Why don't you tie a rope to it and drag it to the park a la sled drags? You could do it backwards and do face pulls all the way to the park.
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

JasonC
Staff Sergeant

Post by JasonC » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:36 am

aussie luke wrote:Anyone had any joy carrying a kettlebell in a backpack?

I have a standard cheapo commuting/school type back pack. It will hold a 16kg kb without breaking, but fuck me is it uncomfortable.

I'd like to be able to carry it about a mile up the road to a park, do a workout then walk back, during my lunch breaks.
Clubs. A pair of 15-pounders will fit in a crappy book bag, be as useful as a 16kg KB for exercising, and if you're only walking a mile, I think you could even skip the backpack and carry them in your hands or on your shoulders.
leansoliddogs.blog

Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Shapecharge » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:19 pm

Here's an idea. Consider making money while you exercise. Why use a truck or van to move shit when you can just carry it, right? Got a buddy moving to a new place across town? Get some of your friends together who also like to carry shit and just go over and pick up that fucking couch and carry it to the new place. Fitness + money = $UCCE$$!! Think of the functional strength you'll develop carrying three huge tupperware containers for a mile filled with silverware and grandma's china from 1870. Then there's the recovery jog back that will help you loosen up for that next trip with the dinette set. Odd angle lifting? Done. Lactate threshold training? Sayonara. Muscular endurance training? Finito. Partner up with the Furminator and I'm sure there's a book in this somehow.

Bobby
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bobby » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:34 pm

At least the Furminator finish the books.
You`ll toughen up.Unless you have a serious medical condition commonly refered to as
"being a pussy".

stosh
Sgt. Major

Post by stosh » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:16 pm

Bobby wrote:WHich one did you get? Got 2 Kifarus,the pointman and a smaller (xray?) one and the carrying comfort....did the swedish version of goruck in september (milruck) with the pointman and it didn`t even bother me when we had to run with the f..cker on.Oh,we had to have at least 44# in the ruck,not counting water and food.
I got the Removable Operator Pack. Nice size, good straps (sternum, too), and a lot of good webbing. I only did the light goruck since it was my first one and I had no idea what the hell I was in for. We only had to have 20# plus water so no biggie there. The f'ing team weights, on the other hand, sucked.
A novice is someone who keeps asking himself if he is a novice. An intermediate is someone who is sick of training with weak people and an advanced person doesn't give a shit anymore. - Jim Wendler

mike.b
Staff Sergeant

Post by mike.b » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:00 am

Does goruck shit come with plastic toy tactical guns?
Grown ass men need to stop playing military ... :finga: FUCK YOU SCOT SONNON!!!

And don't forget your tactical training to go with your backpacks just in case

Bobby
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bobby » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:43 am

mike.b wrote:Does goruck shit come with plastic toy tactical guns?
Grown ass men need to stop playing military ... :finga: FUCK YOU SCOT SONNON!!!

And don't forget your tactical training to go with your backpacks just in case

Grown ass men might be part timers,no? grown ass men should stop trying to hypertrophy themselves into looking like comic book heroes!
You`ll toughen up.Unless you have a serious medical condition commonly refered to as
"being a pussy".

Bobby
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bobby » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:43 am

stosh wrote:
Bobby wrote:WHich one did you get? Got 2 Kifarus,the pointman and a smaller (xray?) one and the carrying comfort....did the swedish version of goruck in september (milruck) with the pointman and it didn`t even bother me when we had to run with the f..cker on.Oh,we had to have at least 44# in the ruck,not counting water and food.
I got the Removable Operator Pack. Nice size, good straps (sternum, too), and a lot of good webbing. I only did the light goruck since it was my first one and I had no idea what the hell I was in for. We only had to have 20# plus water so no biggie there. The f'ing team weights, on the other hand, sucked.
Logs aren`t as fun in real life.
"being a pussy".

mike.b
Staff Sergeant

Post by mike.b » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:21 am

Bobby wrote:grown ass men should stop trying to hypertrophy themselves into looking like comic book heroes!
=D> good one!

Bobby
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bobby » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:11 am

mike.b wrote:
Bobby wrote:grown ass men should stop trying to hypertrophy themselves into looking like comic book heroes!
=D> good one!
I decided to settle for a comic book hero boy :rolleyes: .
"being a pussy".