Steve Maxwell on JRE

Stick to training related posts.

Moderators: Dux, seeahill

KingSchmaltzBagelHour

Steve Maxwell on JRE

Post by KingSchmaltzBagelHour » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:20 am

Steve Maxwell is on the newest Joe Rogan podcast.
I just started it but thought some of you guys might like to hear it. I posted it here in the TF b/c I figured the majority of the convo will be on training.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Re: Steve Maxwell on JRE

Post by Shafpocalypse Now » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:13 pm

Is maxwell gonna toke up?
Sounds goid

Stillwater
Staff Sergeant

Post by Stillwater » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:46 pm

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. - Helen Keller

johno
Sergeant Commanding

Post by johno » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:40 pm

Shafpocalypse Now wrote:Is maxwell gonna toke up?
Sounds goid
Almost every Jits guy I know does. Often, before rolling. I'm beginning to wonder if there's something to the Eddie Bravo/Joe Rogan WeedLove.
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B. Yeats

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:40 pm

Listening now. Damned good and entertaining. Maxwell, whether you like his message or not, has been around and he knows his stuff.

T200
Sergeant Commanding

Post by T200 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:57 pm

johno wrote:
Shafpocalypse Now wrote:Is maxwell gonna toke up?
Sounds goid
Almost every Jits guy I know does. Often, before rolling. I'm beginning to wonder if there's something to the Eddie Bravo/Joe Rogan WeedLove.
Anything where any sort of "flow" may be relevant can be enhanced with the CORRECT strains imo. Bravo, Rogan dead on.

And if anyone ever lived in a van that didn't smoke bud I would be shocked.

KingSchmaltzBagelHour

Post by KingSchmaltzBagelHour » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:42 pm

T200 wrote:
Anything where any sort of "flow" may be relevant can be enhanced with the CORRECT strains imo.
Yeah. I haven't smoked in YEARS but when I did, there was nothing better than cruising around skating, popping ollies up and down curbs, a grind here and there. You could really feel connected to and disconnected from the moment simultaneously (I imagine it would be very similar rolling).

I know Rogan has said he likes Sativa before rolling.

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:23 pm

Sativa works well for time trials IIRC.
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

Stillwater
Staff Sergeant

Post by Stillwater » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:06 pm

2:16:50

"Greg Glassman is an obese cripple who doesn't even train"

<<<<q
Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. - Helen Keller

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:26 pm

YEah, but you also had the whole "Secret" and "Power of Attraction" stuff going on that Rogan was like WHAAAAAT?

Stillwater
Staff Sergeant

Post by Stillwater » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:29 pm

Oh there's some woo woo in there for sure, but quite a few nuggets too.

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:07 pm

:-k I am pro Pot but not on the mats, ever! =; Your playing with each other's limbs, livelihood’s and live's enough as it is and in other endeavours I have done some stupid shit high, been behind the curve. I did not even get high on stage when I played in bands. :rock:

[-X I don't care how good Bravo is that is a shitbag thing to do IMO. It slows you down. Sure I guess it's a little safer on the ground.

Now I have done solo training buzzed but never in a Dojo. I guess there are just some elements I am traditional about?

After training? When no one is going to drive a car and is hanging out? FLAME ON! :supz:

And nothing feels better after doing PT than bong hits and a blow job.

"God forbid we tell the savages to go fuck themselves." Batboy

johno
Sergeant Commanding

Post by johno » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:43 pm

A week after a roll with a super-strong street kid, I found out he had been high on PCP during the roll. I was lucky that time.
As for pot, I'll roll with a mellowed out partner any day, rather than some 20 year old high on his own adrenaline & inexperience.

I enjoyed the Rogan interview…listened to the whole thing.
I also learned that Steve M. lives out of a small duffel bag. And pulls no punches on xfit or Glassman.*

*FUCK. Maxwell lives out of a gym bag and Glassman lives in a mansion.

W.B. Yeats

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:44 pm

weird...i haven't seen pcp around for a long time.

you sure it wasn't just crystal?

johno
Sergeant Commanding

Post by johno » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:28 pm

Blaidd Drwg wrote:weird...i haven't seen pcp around for a long time.

you sure it wasn't just crystal?
At the time I thought the kid was stoned on pot. My gym is in the 98188, maybe that makes PCP more likely.
Anyhow, PCP is what I was told, and I had a bad image of this already chimp-strength kid ripping off my arm or trying to eat my face.

W.B. Yeats

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:26 pm

Ick.

188 is just round the corner from the 187.

T200
Sergeant Commanding

Post by T200 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:30 pm

DARTH wrote::-k I am pro Pot but not on the mats, ever! =; Your playing with each other's limbs, livelihood’s and live's enough as it is and in other endeavours I have done some stupid shit high, been behind the curve. I did not even get high on stage when I played in bands. :rock:

[-X I don't care how good Bravo is that is a shitbag thing to do IMO. It slows you down. Sure I guess it's a little safer on the ground.

Now I have done solo training buzzed but never in a Dojo. I guess there are just some elements I am traditional about?

After training? When no one is going to drive a car and is hanging out? FLAME ON! :supz:

I love that a classic film like Reefer Madness still reaches deep into the souls of the masses

T200
Sergeant Commanding

Post by T200 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:36 pm

Who wins the fight:

The arm-ripping Dusthead who still has the faculties to roll under control vs. the Maniac inhabiting the outer limits of the mat high on the sweet leaf and not knowing how hard to roll?

Do not answer unless you have at least one stripe on your BB.

T200
Sergeant Commanding

Post by T200 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:00 am

Royce on Submission Radio today:
On why Royce approached Eddie Bravo after metamoris and what his issue with Eddie is.

“I did what every man should do when he has an issue with a person, talk face to face. I don't approve what he represents, you see it's nothing to do with the match with Royler, it's nothing to do with what with his jiu jitsu. It’s what he endorses, I don’t approve it. It's disrespectful toward the art of what my father created. We teach kids, so I don’t endorse alcohol and I don’t endorse drugs.”

“My issue with him is simple. I don’t like because he endorses (drugs). It’s nothing to do with (which) jiu jitsu he uses, gi (or) no gi, it’s because of what he endorses. We teach kids. His message out there is 'it’s ok for you to do drugs'."

"I don't care (if) you say it was prescription drugs, well get a pound of pot and walk into a police station. You gonna get arrested."

“Once the guy endorses pot and endorses drinking, to me that’s wrong because I have kids too. I don’t want my kids involved with pot and I don’t want my kids drinking and I did what every man should do if you have a problem, talk face to face with the person. What did he do? (Eddie Bravo) went to the internet saying “Oh my god I saw Royce trying to kick my ass, ohhh he wants to beat me up, poor me'."
Says the noted nandrolone test positive

Fat Cat
Jesus Christ®

Post by Fat Cat » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:08 am

Think of the kids mang.
"Prepare your hearts as a fortress, for there will be no other." -Francisco Pizarro González

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:37 am

T200 wrote:
DARTH wrote::-k I am pro Pot but not on the mats, ever! =; Your playing with each other's limbs, livelihood’s and live's enough as it is and in other endeavours I have done some stupid shit high, been behind the curve. I did not even get high on stage when I played in bands. :rock:

I love that a classic film like Reefer Madness still reaches deep into the souls of the masses
Dude, I'm from SoFlo and have smoked about as much of the shit as Cypress Hill!

So I am speaking from the POV of someone who is fine with it, done it and is a 4th Dan in Ju Jutsu. It has no fucking place on the mats. If you can't wait until after training to smoke, you got a fucking addiction.

Idiots on both sides of the pot issue. The Reefer Madness crowd and Stoners both spew bullshit.

DARTH
Sergeant Commanding

Post by DARTH » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:49 am

T200 wrote:Who wins the fight:

The arm-ripping Dusthead who still has the faculties to roll under control vs. the Maniac inhabiting the outer limits of the mat high on the sweet leaf and not knowing how hard to roll?

4 stripes but your question is a little strange. I will say having been stoned a few times right before a real fight goes down, I lost all semblance of a buzz every time. (actually went a bit too far once and stomped a dude's mouth I had knocked silly because of him starting shit and making me fight killed my buzz. That was good Hydroponic purple!)

I always lost my buzz when shit got bad or a scare happened.

Dusthead is always on the edge of losing his shit. That was a drug I wanted nothing to do with, even at my most experimental phase. If I had to chose, I'd roll with a pothead.

But I don't have to. I care not what you do in your own time if your a member of my school. I always hated martial arts instructors who wanted to run their students lives. People come to us to learn the art of Ju Jutsu, train to defend themselves and the like. Life coaches are for sheep.

Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer

Post by Mickey O'neil » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:22 am

I am so fucking high right now.

T200
Sergeant Commanding

Post by T200 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:11 am

DARTH wrote:
T200 wrote:Who wins the fight:

4 stripes but your question is a little strange. I will say having been stoned a few times right before a real fight goes down, I lost all semblance of a buzz every time. (actually went a bit too far once and stomped a dude's mouth I had knocked silly because of him starting shit and making me fight killed my buzz. That was good Hydroponic purple!)

I always lost my buzz when shit got bad or a scare happened.

Dusthead is always on the edge of losing his shit. That was a drug I wanted nothing to do with, even at my most experimental phase. If I had to chose, I'd roll with a pothead.

But I don't have to. I care not what you do in your own time if your a member of my school. I always hated martial arts instructors who wanted to run their students lives. People come to us to learn the art of Ju Jutsu, train to defend themselves and the like. Life coaches are for sheep.
No one asked you about you.

Who wins the fight as questioned.

I'll be chilling at Mickey's in the meantime.

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:16 am

Now I am a little obsessed with PCP.