off the peg routine

Stick to training related posts.

Moderators: Dux, seeahill

Dano

Re: off the peg routine

Post by Dano » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:49 pm

bennyonesix wrote:
Dano wrote:
Mickey O'neil wrote:Dano, what single leg work have you been doing?

The usual crap: split squat, lunge variations, step ups, skater squats, single leg RDL. I hate it all.
Well this looks remarkably uncomfortable

Kinda like that but I do them upright...its basically like a pistol but your nonworking leg is bent at 90 so when it touches the ground thats the que to stand up. Fucking hate one-legged work...
All a man has is his word and to keep himself free.

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:12 pm

odin wrote:got a mate who has asked me to write him up a gym routine. Except I cant be bothered and there's no point reinventing the wheel in this day and age. He's 40 or so, generally fit and active but little gym work in recent years. Wants to get stronger and a bit of hypertrophy. Got to be low technique stuff, and flexible enough to fit round his work and family etc.
Why bother? He's not going to do any of it with any intensity or for any length of time.
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:16 pm

Dano wrote:Its money Shaf. Hang the weights off the sleeves (I use the purple band, don't use the the mini's unless you like lots of bouncy-bouncy and very light weights). I've found weights in the 6-8 range are best. Doing backoff sets of 10+ with controlled continuous tension will blow your delts up so bad they'll go numb. Figuring this little move out was like winning the lottery.
And it's the hanging weights that make the difference for you, instead of just doing the same with straight weight?

Dano

Post by Dano » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:31 pm

Yes. You can tell the difference immediately. Its also possible to use relatively heavy weights as long as the band is thick enough. You don't want to turn into some ultralight therapy movement that only challenges your balance although that might work if you need that sort of thing.

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major

Post by bennyonesix » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:36 pm

I can't find it but I swear Zatsiorski or Siff said that snatch grip PBN was all one needed for shoulder health/flexibility etc...

Also Dano whatevs is wrong with your knee they will be able to 3D print you a new one in like 3 years.

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:42 pm

Dano wrote:Yes. You can tell the difference immediately. Its also possible to use relatively heavy weights as long as the band is thick enough. You don't want to turn into some ultralight therapy movement that only challenges your balance although that might work if you need that sort of thing.

I've set up a lot of reverse band things for pulls/bnch and squats...having a hard time picturing yours.

snap a pic?
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

Dano

Post by Dano » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:50 pm

I'll try tonight but I know you've seen it setup for bench. I think someone coined the term "chaos press". Just stick a band through the center of the plates and hang them off the sleeves of the barbell so they dangle there like a bell on a cows neck.

Dano

Post by Dano » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:53 pm

Just search "chaos bench press". My phones being too much a bitch to embed a pic right now.

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:55 pm

Blaidd Drwg wrote:
Dano wrote:Yes. You can tell the difference immediately. Its also possible to use relatively heavy weights as long as the band is thick enough. You don't want to turn into some ultralight therapy movement that only challenges your balance although that might work if you need that sort of thing.

I've set up a lot of reverse band things for pulls/bnch and squats...having a hard time picturing yours.

snap a pic?
Think, bamboo bar with kettelbells dangling off it. That's how you often see it.

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:06 pm

T>1200 wrote:
Blaidd Drwg wrote:

snap a pic?
Think, bamboo bar with kettelbells dangling off it. That's how you often see it.

copy that.

i was way off.

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:08 pm

Pretty sure reverse band behind the neck press is closing in on full retard, by YMMV

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:09 pm

T>1200 wrote:Pretty sure reverse band behind the neck press is closing in on full retard, by YMMV

thats it...i'm doing it

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:10 pm

green or blue bands should work

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:15 pm

E2>200 wrote:green or blue bands should work
Doubled Onyx black. #400 at the top, -20 at the bottom.

Dano

Post by Dano » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:23 pm

E2>200 wrote:
Blaidd Drwg wrote:

snap a pic?
Thank you. I was trying to recall that weird ass thing. Like I said, too much bouncy and you have to use too little weight to improve strength and hypertrophy.

BD, I can see why you'd be scratching your head if you thought I was doing some sort reverse band work. That would some fun shit while it lasted!

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:30 pm

yeah...i must have been high. what you're saying makes sense.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:20 pm

Siff was the one who said SG BTN pressing was good for shoulder health and mob.

bennyonesix
Sgt. Major

Post by bennyonesix » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:35 pm

This has some great stuff in it.

Nugget?

Mickey O'neil
Lifetime IGer

Post by Mickey O'neil » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:20 pm

I was searching the forum for some EDT and 50/20 info and came across this thread. Great stuff here. Where the hell has Dano been? I like that dude.
bennyonesix wrote:This has some great stuff in it.

Nugget?