Hypertrophy

Stick to training related posts.

Moderators: Dux, seeahill

Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Hypertrophy

Post by Sangoma » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:03 am

SubClaw wrote:
OCG wrote:Do you not see any conflict between these two things? As I recall, you're not a 4'1" woman, and as such you weigh significantly more than 100lbs.
If I recall correctly, Smet weighs pretty much that. :finga:
With my newly designed program I will be over 225 lbs in six months. :isdashit: And two inches taller.

Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Sangoma » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:42 pm

On a different note, quite a few of the proponents of clean bulking suggest regular cardio. Non-lifting days, fasted, low intensity or "mild" intervals. What do you guys think of this?

powerlifter54
Sergeant Commanding

Post by powerlifter54 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:51 pm

Sangoma wrote:On a different note, quite a few of the proponents of clean bulking suggest regular cardio. Non-lifting days, fasted, low intensity or "mild" intervals. What do you guys think of this?
Have seen several approaches. But specific answer to your specific question on a clean bulk, yes, some regular cardio is a good idea. Not overdoing it or impacting the growth process, because if you overdo it it will. But just enough cardio to keep you in the ballpark of healthy and more importantly ready for when you have to ramp up the cardio for the cut.
"Start slowly, then ease off". Tortuga Golden Striders Running Club, Pensacola 1984.

"But even snake wrestling beats life in the cube, for me at least. In measured doses."-Lex

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:52 am

Just an opinion, but most guys trying to do cardio to ensure their bulk is "clean" will wind up gaining no weight at all.

If you're a high level guy who is really dedicated or a guy who really knows his shit, cardio will work. Think, Ronnie Coleman or Kai Greene. The rest of the guys you see doing cardio while bulking are really just guys who are scared to lose any definition and, thus, won't gain much, if any at all.
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

Bobby
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bobby » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:27 am

Shouldn`t health and fitness be more important than definition (maybe not if you are half ghey like Terry,but for normal people)?
You`ll toughen up.Unless you have a serious medical condition commonly refered to as
"being a pussy".

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by WildGorillaMan » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:17 pm

Sangoma wrote:
SubClaw wrote:
OCG wrote:Do you not see any conflict between these two things? As I recall, you're not a 4'1" woman, and as such you weigh significantly more than 100lbs.
If I recall correctly, Smet weighs pretty much that. :finga:
With my newly designed program I will be over 225 lbs in six months. :isdashit: And two inches taller.
How much for your eBook?
You'll Hurt Your Back

basically I'm Raoul Duke trying to fit into a Philip K. Dick movie remake.

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:48 pm

Bobby wrote:Shouldn`t health and fitness be more important than definition (maybe not if you are half ghey like Terry,but for normal people)?
Yes because going from 10% to 13% or from 12% to 15% for a few months means certain death.

GTFO you limey twat!

Beer Jew
Sgt. Major

Post by Beer Jew » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:12 pm

TerryB wrote:
Bobby wrote:Shouldn`t health and fitness be more important than definition (maybe not if you are half ghey like Terry,but for normal people)?
Yes because going from 10% to 13% or from 12% to 15% for a few months means certain death.

GTFO you limey twat!
As if anyone on this board has less than 15% fat! :rolleyes:

Bobby
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bobby » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:18 pm

Beer Jew wrote:
TerryB wrote:

GTFO you limey twat!
As if anyone on this board has less than 15% fat! :rolleyes:
Rottenface,Mickey,Dunn,Smet,Furman maybe me?
You`ll toughen up.Unless you have a serious medical condition commonly refered to as
"being a pussy".

Bobby
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bobby » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:19 pm

TerryB wrote:

GTFO you limey twat!
Gawdammit,I know it is hard to see the differnce between gheys and europeans,but get the nationalities right....I am a vegetable (a swede!).
"being a pussy".

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:29 pm

is it true that Swedish women must breed with the Finns because there are no Swedish men left?

tonkadtx
Staff Sergeant

Post by tonkadtx » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:25 am

They are breeding, just not with Finns or Swedes.

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:55 am

Imagefap, you say?

Hmmm...

Bobby
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bobby » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:15 am

I have wondered that myself quite a few times.It is what you get when all the journalists are either left wing or support the green party and the education system is all f..cked up.
"being a pussy".

Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Sangoma » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:51 am

Admixture of African blood would certainly improve hypertrophy profile of the white population.

Bobby
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bobby » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:16 am

Sangoma wrote:Admixture of African blood would certainly improve hypertrophy profile of the white population.

We get mostly africans from Somalia and they are on the skinny side.
"being a pussy".

Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Sangoma » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:21 am

I guess we will soon see a Swede winning Boston marathon.

powerlifter54
Sergeant Commanding

Post by powerlifter54 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:40 pm

Sangoma wrote:Even though it is fashionable to say that doctors know fuck all and just say things it is not idea to take the advice and ease off a bit. There is always space to increase the load, and several weeks of light lifting are nothing in the context of life long training. Better than look sheepish when you tried to lift another PB and blow off your retina: "I thought lifting doesn't do that..." Going slowly, see how you feel and gradually progress, not much can go wrong this way.
Sangoma and OCG,

Thought about your posts and decided to adjust my plan. Because the cost/benefit of being even more conservative is in my favor. Rather than full workouts i am doing some 3-5 rep greasing the groove chins and dips to very slowly fold workouts back into my daily routine. Yesterday and i did two garage visits. Felt good. Going easy.

The 6 foot metal fence posts inside my power rack are perfect dip bars.
"Start slowly, then ease off". Tortuga Golden Striders Running Club, Pensacola 1984.

"But even snake wrestling beats life in the cube, for me at least. In measured doses."-Lex

tonkadtx
Staff Sergeant

Post by tonkadtx » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:40 pm

Imagefap, you say?
The funny thing is, I wasn't even searching naughty stuff. Swedes being cuckolds has become such a meme even the other Scandinavians are trying to distance themselves.

Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Sangoma » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:16 am

In the last couple of weeks I increased my intake. To be honest, a few days were complete dietary blowout. It is quite amazing how quickly the weight comes on. Nevertheless, the idea of priming before bulking seems to be a valid one: even though I am somewhat smoother than on the picture I posted three weeks ago, I am not picking as much fat as with my previous attempts at bulking.