Stick to training related posts.

Moderators: Dux, seeahill

mike.b
Staff Sergeant

Dinosaur training Brooks kubik

Post by mike.b » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:09 pm

WHAT A FUCKING DOUCHEBAG LoL

All that drama to press two 36 kg dumbbells ONCE :Hangman:

Meanwhile in the land of ''narcissistic pump artists and mirror .... —bunnies,“ —maggots,“ and —chrome and fern land“-Brooks Kubik.....

Last edited by mike.b on Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bobby
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Dinosaur training Brooks kubik

Post by Bobby » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:14 pm

He`s no Bobby,thats for sure! (I clean&press 2x36kg kettlebells 7 times and I am weak).
You`ll toughen up.Unless you have a serious medical condition commonly refered to as
"being a pussy".

Bobby
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Bobby » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:14 pm

But I liked his Dinosaur book.
You`ll toughen up.Unless you have a serious medical condition commonly refered to as
"being a pussy".

Beer Jew
Sgt. Major

Post by Beer Jew » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:27 pm

His manager asked the gym to get some stray dogs to shit on the floor before his demonstration to make him feel more homely.

mike.b
Staff Sergeant

Post by mike.b » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:41 pm

Is it true that he wiped shit all over Mcrobert's bathroom when he visited?

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by WildGorillaMan » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:08 pm

That's odd, because reading the Hypertrophy thread I was just wondering what Brooks was up to these days.
You'll Hurt Your Back

basically I'm Raoul Duke trying to fit into a Philip K. Dick movie remake.

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by WildGorillaMan » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:13 pm

His psyche-up at 2:47.

You'll Hurt Your Back

Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Sangoma » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:40 pm

The story of that guy and the fact that they turned it into a blockbuster movie with major stars irks me. His scams weren't sophisticated or even remotely clever, just lying and pushing customers to buy shit shares. Then hi sells his "colleagues" for the reduced sentence and is now a motivational speaker!

mike.b
Staff Sergeant

Post by mike.b » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:49 pm

Sangoma wrote:The story of that guy and the fact that they turned it into a blockbuster movie with major stars irks me. His scams weren't sophisticated or even remotely clever, just lying and pushing customers to buy shit shares. Then hi sells his "colleagues" for the reduced sentence and is now a motivational speaker!
shit I didn't know brooks kubik did all that ....shame on her

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:51 pm

Sangoma wrote:The story of that guy and the fact that they turned it into a blockbuster movie with major stars irks me. His scams weren't sophisticated or even remotely clever, just lying and pushing customers to buy shit shares. Then hi sells his "colleagues" for the reduced sentence and is now a motivational speaker!
calm down
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:03 am

Brooks can be a douche, but he was very good to Ian, right, WGM?

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by WildGorillaMan » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:29 am

Shafpocalypse Now wrote:Brooks can be a douche, but he was very good to Ian, right, WGM?

Not sure what you're implying.

Slight change of subject, when did Brooks go from being a paragon of physical culture to the creepy old guy in threadbare sweats lurking around the community rec centre?
You'll Hurt Your Back

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:07 am

When he started writing the between the lines homoerotic mid century lifting fiction

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:09 am

That was pretty terrible...the total lack of stabilization is nuts

Dunn
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Dunn » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:41 am

I don't even understand what is happening in that vid. There are guys like Esch or Gregor that are slinging the 36s overhead 15-30 times. The fact that this abortion of a push press was posted online and that folks are clapping in the vid just makes me scratch my head. In some ways it reminds of me of Bud Jeffries doing all of these odd movements with shitty ROM and stability as a means of putting himself out there. It's just odd.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:13 pm

WildGorillaMan wrote:Slight change of subject, when did Brooks go from being a paragon of physical culture to the creepy old guy in threadbare sweats lurking around the community rec centre?
Don't know Brooks, but smartphones with instant upload to YouTube makes it tougher to publish articles and books from hiding. Weird and fraud come across real strong in video. See: John Davies, Bud Jeffries.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:39 pm

To be fair, Bid actually does a ton of heavy shit and puts it on FB. He's also attempted to make amends for the problem he had fulfilling orders 10 years ago.

Grandpa's Spells
Lifetime IGer

Post by Grandpa's Spells » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:08 pm

Shafpocalypse Now wrote:To be fair, Bid actually does a ton of heavy shit and puts it on FB. He's also attempted to make amends for the problem he had fulfilling orders 10 years ago.
Fair enough, I realized after I posted that the running off with $$ happened long ago and for all I knew he made good.
One of the downsides of the Internet is that it allows like-minded people to form communities, and sometimes those communities are stupid.

MeatPlow
Staff Sergeant

Post by MeatPlow » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:07 pm

Myself, Brian Neese, the Coy guy, and roger LaPointe watched Bud do some massive bottom position squats at Georgetown College in Ky. Nothing like the 1000lbs of drama video. I think he worked up to around 800lbs and the bars were whipping like crazy.

edit- seems some dinosaurs been slacking.

Rudy Van Horne
Lance Cpl.

Post by Rudy Van Horne » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:05 am

Grandpa's Spells wrote:
WildGorillaMan wrote:Slight change of subject, when did Brooks go from being a paragon of physical culture to the creepy old guy in threadbare sweats lurking around the community rec centre?
Don't know Brooks, but smartphones with instant upload to YouTube makes it tougher to publish articles and books from hiding. Weird and fraud come across real strong in video. See: John Davies, Bud Jeffries.
To be fair to Brooks, there are other vids of him on YouTube, lifting plenty more than two piddly 36kg bells. And he's a former record holder in the bench. He put in his emails at the same time this vid came out that he used 80lb bells so it's NOT LIKE HE TRIED TO PULL THE WOOL OVER ANYONES eyes.

I'm pretty sure he said in one of his books that in his salad days he used 120lb bells for seated DB press for reps.

The warm up is inexcusably over the top but he is what, mid fifties when he made this lift, no 'legit HRT' shenanigans, and long since transitioned to a 'stay healthy and active into old age' guru.
Kipping for Jesus

Protobuilder
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Protobuilder » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:33 am

WildGorillaMan wrote:
Shafpocalypse Now wrote:Brooks can be a douche, but he was very good to Ian, right, WGM?

Not sure what you're implying.

Slight change of subject, when did Brooks go from being a paragon of physical culture to the creepy old guy in threadbare sweats lurking around the community rec centre?
"Paragon of physical culture" = a gut who was known to a handful of favgs posting anonymously on sketchy lifting boreds?
WildGorillaMan wrote:Enthusiasm combined with no skill whatsoever can sometimes carry the day.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:08 pm

Brooks was accused of using PEDs about 15 years ago by HIT and HG gurus, which is why he fell out with that lot.

For a long time he ignored the fact he had put out a $200 Bodyweight course, but I see its up on his site now.

Dunn
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Dunn » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:46 pm

Shafpocalypse Now wrote:To be fair, Bid actually does a ton of heavy shit and puts it on FB. He's also attempted to make amends for the problem he had fulfilling orders 10 years ago.

Agreed. He also posts a metric shit ton of half ROM lifts and retarded BW shit that reeks of hucksterism, some of which surprises me that he hasn't hurt himself yet with the shenanigans.

JamesonBushmill
Staff Sergeant

Post by JamesonBushmill » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:20 pm

Hate on him all you want, he made a hell of a Yum Yum in that production of the Mikado. Respect where due.
Females who wear heels emulate the gait patterns of wounded and/or compromised prey and thus inspire males to heights of predatorial chasse-a-tude. - Robb Wolf

Wild Bill
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Wild Bill » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:29 am

Dunn wrote:There are guys like Esch or Gregor that are slinging the 36s overhead 15-30 times.
Here Gregor do 2*44kg 16 reps in 1 min
https://www.facebook.com/egsaworld/vide ... 487692469/

2*50 in 1 min
https://www.facebook.com/sloveniankettl ... 677578121/