FMS/Ido/MovNat....etc.

Stick to training related posts.

Moderators: Dux, seeahill

Luke
Staff Sergeant

Re: FMS/Ido/MovNat....etc.

Post by Luke » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:53 am

There's a video where Portal (I think) is watching McGregor snuff out candles with punches and kicks. He looked giddy enough...

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:01 pm

Luke wrote:There's a video where Portal (I think) is watching McGregor snuff out candles with punches and kicks. He looked giddy enough...
I saw that...old karate trick...Tom Furman probably watches that video with the lights turned down and a glass of chardonnay in his hand.

Everything comes full circle and martial arts is no exception. Punching at candles, breaking boards on television...I'm waiting on Cain Velasquez to break blocks of ice for the Super Bowl halftime show in a Mexican flag gi.

On a related note, good to see guys like McGregor and Stephen Thompson bring some striking to the table besides !!!WAR MUAY THAI!!! Shows that division 1 wrestlers who have learned how to hit pads are no match for people who can do all that as well as manage range, move in directions other than forward and back, and utilize all important timing and rhythm.

More to martial arts and fighting than wrestling, leg kicks, shitty boxing, and ZHOO ZHEETZ.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:37 pm

This thread delivers the IGx message perfectly, I think

JohnDoe
Staff Sergeant

Post by JohnDoe » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:33 pm

Shafpocalypse Now wrote:But who knows...he does move in odd circles.
Are we still talking about mobility?

Boris

Post by Boris » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:08 pm

A while back when Ido came out w. a video of him demonstrating his "ankle stability" by jumping on his heels people were literally slobbering all over the dude...

I just thought what a crock of shit... people do that all the time in karate and tkd. It is not even an oooh or an aaah.

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:49 pm

Shafpocalypse Now wrote:But who knows...he does move in odd circles.
That's rich.
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"