Attn: TerryB

Stick to training related posts.

Moderators: Dux, seeahill

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 9697
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:17 pm

Re: Attn: TerryB

Post by TerryB » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:44 am

his deadlift looked like shit because he was looking all around instead of focusing on what he was doing and he spent an eterntiy in the bottom position.
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

Image

User avatar
Testiclaw
Top
Posts: 1844
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:30 pm
Location: Between the thighs, taint, and retractable claw.

Re: Attn: TerryB

Post by Testiclaw » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:46 am

Zero tension before the pull.
My cousin is a redheaded german-mexican, we call him a beanerschnitzel

User avatar
Beer Jew
Sgt. Major
Posts: 3280
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:35 pm

Re: Attn: TerryB

Post by Beer Jew » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:14 pm

TerryB wrote:his deadlift looked like shit because he was looking all around instead of focusing on what he was doing and he spent an eterntiy in the bottom position.
I'm right here you dick.

dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 6797
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:34 pm

Re: Attn: TerryB

Post by dead man walking » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:44 pm

you post video here and expect to be treated only with respect.

when did the brain damage happen?
Really Big Strong Guy: There are a plethora of psychopaths among us.

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 9697
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:17 pm

Re: Attn: TerryB

Post by TerryB » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:31 pm

I don't post video here. Wtf are you talking about? ?
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

Image

User avatar
Beer Jew
Sgt. Major
Posts: 3280
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:35 pm

Re: Attn: TerryB

Post by Beer Jew » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:51 pm

dead man walking wrote:you post video here and expect to be treated only with respect.

when did the brain damage happen?
Huh? I posted videos with a clear request for critique. Perhaps reserve your comment for after the meds.

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 19089
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:39 pm

Re: Attn: TerryB

Post by Blaidd Drwg » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:06 pm

I thought the last DL looked about right. I disagree that you're not getting tight at all but I think you could stand to spend a little less time in the bottom, get on the belt hard at the top then dip down, engage the lats last...In fact, just thinking in terms of neutral spine, and hard hard on the lats and belt as well as sitting back into it will all help.

None of these are THE REASON for why your DL is stalled but they will certainly slow you down..tell that chippy to your left to pick another rack, she was distracting your warm up.
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

User avatar
Beer Jew
Sgt. Major
Posts: 3280
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:35 pm

Re: Attn: TerryB

Post by Beer Jew » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:00 pm

Lol. I was looking at my back position in the mirror. My wife was behind me anyway.

"None of these are THE REASON for why your DL is stalled "......


....Tell me more.

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 9697
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:17 pm

Re: Attn: TerryB

Post by TerryB » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:06 pm

He means you just suck but he's too nice to say it.
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

Image

User avatar
Beer Jew
Sgt. Major
Posts: 3280
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:35 pm

Re: Attn: TerryB

Post by Beer Jew » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:10 pm

We can't all be thoracic spine wielding superheroes!

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 19089
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:39 pm

Re: Attn: TerryB

Post by Blaidd Drwg » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:14 pm

Beer Jew wrote:
"None of these are THE REASON for why your DL is stalled "......


....Tell me more.
There isn't a THE REASON...which is what I think you were hoping to hear. There are a couple little form tweaks, there's training environment, stress...patience....the fact you made a lot of progress quickly and then hit the wall everyone does...for some it's 230k, others it's 270k.


Fix what's fixable (Set up tighter every rep) and do what you can on the others. Best thing you could do is get a training partner who pulls a full plate per side more than you.
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

User avatar
Testiclaw
Top
Posts: 1844
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:30 pm
Location: Between the thighs, taint, and retractable claw.

Re: Attn: TerryB

Post by Testiclaw » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:01 am

I just don't see any tension in the bar before he pulls.

His body might be tight (I don't think it is, really), but he tries to explode against a resting bar, rather than have some tension, first.

Watch Coan or that Lillibridge monster, or Tuscherer, they all pull the tension from the bar before initiating the pull.
My cousin is a redheaded german-mexican, we call him a beanerschnitzel

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 9697
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:17 pm

Re: Attn: TerryB

Post by TerryB » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:14 am

Beer Jew wrote:We can't all be thoracic spine wielding superheroes!
:flex
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

Image

User avatar
SubClaw
Top
Posts: 1744
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:01 pm

Re: Attn: TerryB

Post by SubClaw » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:49 am

Beer Jew wrote:My wife was behind me anyway.
We didn't need to know about your sex life.

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 19089
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:39 pm

Re: Attn: TerryB

Post by Blaidd Drwg » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:11 pm

Testiclaw wrote:I just don't see any tension in the bar before he pulls.

His body might be tight (I don't think it is, really), but he tries to explode against a resting bar, rather than have some tension, first.

Watch Coan or that Lillibridge monster, or Tuscherer, they all pull the tension from the bar before initiating the pull.

I see your point but to me that's a second tier issue in my mind, easily fixed once the other things are in line. I've seen way too many huge pulls done ugly in that regard.
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

User avatar
Testiclaw
Top
Posts: 1844
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:30 pm
Location: Between the thighs, taint, and retractable claw.

Re: Attn: TerryB

Post by Testiclaw » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:36 pm

I see it as important because it helps the rest of the body get tight.

Lots of people pull ugly, and pull a lot. But pulling fairly well should probably be the best course to take for most of us.

None of us are freaks, here.
My cousin is a redheaded german-mexican, we call him a beanerschnitzel

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding
Posts: 9697
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:17 pm

Re: Attn: TerryB

Post by TerryB » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:25 pm

You obviously can't see my browsing history.
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

Image

User avatar
Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 21108
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:26 pm

Re: Attn: TerryB

Post by Shafpocalypse Now » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:48 am

The long dark tea time of the deadlift

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 19089
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:39 pm

Re: Attn: TerryB

Post by Blaidd Drwg » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:02 am

Shafpocalypse Now wrote:The long dark tea time of the deadlift
Mr Teh-Ah-TA-me.

Image
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

User avatar
Holland Oates
Lifetime IGer
Posts: 14137
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:32 am
Location: GAWD'S Country
Contact:

Re: Attn: TerryB

Post by Holland Oates » Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:06 am

Blaidd Drwg wrote:
Shafpocalypse Now wrote:The long dark tea time of the deadlift
Mr Teh-Ah-TA-me.

Image
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Southern Hospitality Is Aggressive Hospitality

Post Reply