Bernard Hopkins fighting again?

Post by Shafpocalypse Now » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:22 pm

https://www.boxingnewsandviews.com/2016 ... ugh-fight/

I'm surprised. I see all sorts of hopeful comments that he'll win

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Bernard Hopkins fighting again?

Post by Kazuya Mishima » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:28 pm

Stevenson is a street thug with a decent knockout percentage. Not a good retirement fight for B-Hop.

Stevenson vs Kovalev needs to happen ASAP instead of this shit show.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:34 pm

yeah, i'm not a big boxing fan but this looks like a bad last fight for hopkins, esp since he was kinda thrashed his last fight.

baffled
Sergeant Commanding

Post by baffled » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:03 am

No mention of it on BLH, ESPN Boxing... and Boxing Scene had a blurb about Stevenson's promoter denying getting an offer.

Not saying that talks haven't happened, but there are a few roadblocks to that fight happening.1

Big one is that Golden Boy doesn't work with Haymon fighters anymore except in very rare instances. The weird (and oddly intriguing) Canelo vs Khan fight is a good example of this. Not sure if there's enough money for them to work their issues out to make this fight happen.

Another is that Stvenson now has a bad reputation for talking a bunch of shit, then running to beat the shit out of a cab driver. No problem with a guy taking soft touches for seven figures and up, but don't talk a bunch of shit the whole time before you wipe the floor with Tommy Karpency.
Whoever would overthrow the Liberty of a Nation, must begin by subduing the Freeness of Speech
- Benjamin Franklin