Painkillers

Stick to training related posts.

Moderators: Dux, seeahill

Shapecharge
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Painkillers

Post by Shapecharge » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:00 am

Awesome posts Knuckles. Every passing moment is another chance to turn it all around. Looks like you did. Respect x's 10 right back at you brother.

Where's that fucking Cahill?

knuckles
Gunny

Post by knuckles » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:12 am

... ..it was nice to tell it and have people read it..and accept me. One in ten is a drug addict or some such shit.If anyone that read this suffers you are more than welcome to pm me to discuss it without judgement ..If you have someone that is ready to quit i can turn you on to a place that really helped me..and no i don't work for them..I promise not to fuckin shove the program down your throat because i hate that shit ..if i can help .I will.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:14 am

Yeah, mad props. All my best, amigo.

climber511
Gunny

Post by climber511 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:23 am

knuckles wrote:... ..it was nice to tell it and have people read it..and accept me. One in ten is a drug addict or some such shit.If anyone that read this suffers you are more than welcome to pm me to discuss it without judgement ..If you have someone that is ready to quit i can turn you on to a place that really helped me..and no i don't work for them..I promise not to fuckin shove the program down your throat because i hate that shit ..if i can help .I will.
I know there is some way to make that big "thumbs up" thing but I don't know how - so just imagine I made a whole string of them. Respect!

The Ginger Beard Man
Sgt. Major

Post by The Ginger Beard Man » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:57 am

Nice, knuckles. Very nice.
I hope your son has come around and seen the change.
Blaidd Drwg wrote:Disengage from the outcome and do work.
Jezzy Bell wrote:Use a fucking barbell, pansy.

cimes
Sgt. Major

Post by cimes » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:03 pm

Nice Knuckles - Respect. Been a long time since I've seen you and I had no idea.
"I predict that within the next couple years he will author a Dragon Door book possibly with Pavel called "Return to the Kettlebell"" -Sandman on Rant

knuckles
Gunny

Post by knuckles » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:01 pm

Hey cimes! I am a high functioning addict . As high functioning as one can being that toxic. Everyone was surprised except those closest and of course all the players. To be honest ,its the first time outside the hospital that i told how bad it was. Sometimes I forget that there are people that know me in real life here .Its my story, its some things that happened to me ,but, it doesn't define me in any way.

cleaner464
Sgt. Major

Post by cleaner464 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:00 am

Get yourself some good Indica weed. The purple shit takes away the pain.
“Attached hereto is a copy of Mr. Trump’s birth certificate, demonstrating that he is the son of Fred Trump, not an orangutan,”

Koko, Beware
Gunny

Post by Koko, Beware » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:26 pm

Good man, Knuckles.
In the mill, getting down.
-Kotto

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:54 pm

I just listened to Chris Bell on Rogan say taking 2 ibuprofen and 2 acetophenomen was shown to be clinically as effective as opiate painkillers...have looked it up yet though

The Venerable Bogatir X
Supreme Martian Overlord

Post by The Venerable Bogatir X » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:40 pm

Blaidd Drwg wrote:
Testiclaw wrote:Vicodin was still easier to quit than the SSRI I'm on.

I've tried three times. I'll be on it for the rest of my life, I fear.

SSRI's are by far the most dangerous, terrible mind fucking drug I've ever taken.

Any of your symptoms/conditions contraindicate using psychedelics?
I felt like Sertraline (100 mg)/day was fucking me up worse than any other craptastic behavior I was engaged in last year. My PCP at the time's answer was up it to 150. I said that is Mike Tyson's dosage. I asked if I could quit and he told me I was good to go at quitting cold turkey after 2 years of taking the drug. In less than 4 days, I was freaked out and went to a friend's house to bum some from him on an early Sunday morning. I am on a low dose of Celexa now and have been given go ahead by my new PCP to wean from it over 10 days. I'm on Buspar, too. Funny thing is, other than a few days here and there, I have not been depressed. Buspar, however, is good juju for me.

WRT painkillers: I fucking love/hate the Oxy/Booze superset.....talk about comfortably numb, but I tend to be a dick the next day. I like both way too much.

The Venerable Bogatir X
Supreme Martian Overlord

Post by The Venerable Bogatir X » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:45 pm

knuckles wrote:Hold on a second.In my defense. This was not my first go around for me and the mecca of recovery that is Minnesota. I was there when i was 16 in a half way house then foster home. its fucking winter there 9 months out of the year and the facility and its ability to provide decent training apparatus would be sketch at best. So i brought my own shit..a couple of bells, one of them super duper sandbag things from whats his name the sandbag guru, some sledge hammers and some bands,a big tractor tire and my trusty copy of "Never Gymless"..I did just have SURGERY a couple months back at the time.Dot even have a belly button any more....AND I WAS COMING OFF DRUGS...the defense rests.
LOL at the MN reference. I live here, have my own demons and know exactly what you are talking about.

WildGorillaMan
Sergeant Commanding

Post by WildGorillaMan » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:08 pm

The Venerable Bogatir X wrote:
WRT painkillers: I fucking love/hate the Oxy/Booze superset.....talk about comfortably numb, but I tend to be a dick the next day. I like both way too much.
That was my late father-in-law's go-to: Rye and Oxy
You'll Hurt Your Back

basically I'm Raoul Duke trying to fit into a Philip K. Dick movie remake.

Kirk
Gunny

Post by Kirk » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:31 pm

I'm allergic to all the standard opiods. :( I still fill the prescription but I have to load up on benadryl and the rash and itching take several days to go away.

milosz

Post by milosz » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:20 pm

I tried heroin once in my younger, stupid days. Immediately knew that I could never play with that shit, it's too nice and welcoming.
Took a couple of vicodin after I scratched my cornea, realized again that I am not made to toy with them.

I likely have two surgeries later this year, eye and umbilical hernia - strongly hoping I can grit it out with nothing stronger than ibuprofen and maybe some weed.

The Venerable Bogatir X
Supreme Martian Overlord

Post by The Venerable Bogatir X » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:29 pm

I had an umbilical repair and went back to the gym way too soon and paid for it in pain.

I had a buddy get the same repair and we went upland hunting 3 days after his repair and he was good to go.

Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Sangoma » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:26 am

Knuckles' story is very impressive. It is very easy to get hooked on prescription stuff, first of all because it doesn't register as bad. But like with any other drug, including alcohol, some can have it on weekends and some become dependent. I have addictive personality myself and discovered it in my student years, when we experimented with anything we could get our hands on. Which, in retrospect, wasn't much, opioids, ketamine (horrible shit) and some shit we could snatch from anaesthetic trolleys. In those times I had a very serious goal to become a doctor, and that kept me from becoming addicted. Now though, when my career is fully developed, I can see how easy it could be to get hooked if I tried to dabble in drugs. Anaesthetists have the highest incidence of drug addiction, mostly due to the availability. The worst drug to be hooked on is Propofol, the one that killed Michael Jackson. The final result is always fatal.

TerryB
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TerryB » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:41 pm

You know he's got you roped in, right? And next, some Jehovah's witness shit is coming at you....
"Know that! & Know it deep you fucking loser!"

Andy83
Sgt. Major

Post by Andy83 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:15 pm

The Venerable Bogatir X wrote:I had an umbilical repair and went back to the gym way too soon and paid for it in pain.

I had a buddy get the same repair and we went upland hunting 3 days after his repair and he was good to go.
Hmmff! At the time, you told me you were having no problems. I got mine done about the same time but without the plastic mesh. I really did escape with no problems whatsoever but I quit the heavy lifting. That was in '04, wasn't it?
Obama's narcissism and arrogance is only superseded by his naivete and stupidity.

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:57 am

My mesh repair from 14 is holding strong. Kept up the heavy lifting and have hit many lifetime PR's since then.
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

The Venerable Bogatir X
Supreme Martian Overlord

Post by The Venerable Bogatir X » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:57 am

Andy82 wrote:
The Venerable Bogatir X wrote:I had an umbilical repair and went back to the gym way too soon and paid for it in pain.

Hmmff! At the time, you told me you were having no problems. I got mine done about the same time but without the plastic mesh. I really did escape with no problems whatsoever but I quit the heavy lifting. That was in '04, wasn't it?
Negative, sir.

All I recall was going back to the gym too soon and getting pretty sore in the repair area, prompting me to do some heavy hands walking at our indoor track, which Fat Cat found delightfully hilarious.

The Venerable Bogatir X
Supreme Martian Overlord

Post by The Venerable Bogatir X » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:34 pm

The Venerable Bogatir X wrote:
Andy82 wrote:

Negative, sir.

All I recall was going back to the gym too soon and getting pretty sore in the repair area, prompting me to do some heavy hands walking at our indoor track, which Fat Cat found delightfully hilarious.
And it was 2003 or early 2004, my wife was pregnant with our first, who turns 10 this month.

Andy83
Sgt. Major

Post by Andy83 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:55 pm

Blaidd Drwg wrote:My mesh repair from 14 is holding strong. Kept up the heavy lifting and have hit many lifetime PR's since then.
I didn't need to hit anymore PRs. I was already a World Champion with 20 world records and still am. Just didn't feel any need to risk more unnecessary foolish injuries. I'm 82 and all joints and muscle connections in excellent working order. How you doing still in your early 50s?
Obama's narcissism and arrogance is only superseded by his naivete and stupidity.

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:02 pm

Andy82 wrote:
Blaidd Drwg wrote:My mesh repair from 14 is holding strong. Kept up the heavy lifting and have hit many lifetime PR's since then.
I didn't need to hit anymore PRs. I was already a World Champion with 20 world records and still am. Just didn't feel any need to risk more unnecessary foolish injuries. I'm 82 and all joints and muscle connections in excellent working order. How you doing still in your early 50s?

I'm going to go in tonight and hit a squat PR, take the dog for a run, and then enjoy some prime Washington Grown Indica while you slowly die in menthol squalor and faded dreams of a life of fauxcomplishments and lost opportunity.
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

The Venerable Bogatir X
Supreme Martian Overlord

Post by The Venerable Bogatir X » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:26 pm

PLEASE HAMMER, DON'T HURT HIM!