powerlifter54 wrote: Bobby wrote: powerlifter54 wrote:
Koko, Beware wrote:Renowned human performance pioneer Brian MacKenzie.
Hey can anyone tell me when the next Pose running seminar is? I would like to learn how to run some marathons by wearing low profile running shoes and never going over 800m in my training.
A friend lifted in a powerlifting meet once only training twice a week for 8 mins using a thighmaster and half a set of perfect pushup handles. And he went superslow.
Do you think a thightmaster would help me not to finish a 20 kilometer ruck run with 44-55#? Hadn`t even thought about the possibility of using the tightmaster!
I can give you a lot of varied and challenging modalities to assist you in attaining a DNF.
10 of my best suggestions to attain maximum DNFs:
1. Sleep with a restriction mask. Not a CPAP mask, but a Hipster air restrictive mask. By restricting oxygen when you are asleep and your metabolism slows, you are teaching your body to embrace being a slacker.
2. Walk backward in a waist deep pool for 20 mins a day. Assists your proprioception incase you end up stuck in the water in a steeplechase pool or mudder run.
3. Only train the dominant side of your body with one arm pushups, pistols, and one arm concentration curls. The non dominant side will be forced to adapt.
4. Ignore the LSD coaches, practice my method SSS(tm). Short, slow, and sprint. Running 8-10 5 yard sprints once a week is all you need to dominate at any distance run.
5. The day before any race start a heavy squat or deadlift program.
6. Drink a lot of alcohol in training. If you poor purer alcohol on a pile of bacon it will burn much faster. That is the same way our body metabolizes fat.
7. You should never run more overall total distance in your training plan than the length of the race you for which you are training.
8. Look for powerlifters, @fitters, and gymnasts to tell you how to train for endurance sports. They are not caught up in the "this is the way we always trained olympians" mindset.
9. Be the pacesetter from the start. Crush your opponents will by showing them how you handle rapid onset lactic acid, cramping, and nausea.
10. Wear arm sleeves, high socks, gloves, and a backwards baseball hat on all untatted body parts to maximize drafting potential in case you lose lead. Also looks good on Facebook and Instagram pics.
Get a photo of you running with your arms raised in Victory early in the race.
"Start slowly, then ease off". Tortuga Golden Striders Running Club, Pensacola 1984.
"But even snake wrestling beats life in the cube, for me at least. In measured doses."-Lex