PC Liftrunbangbro.

Stick to training related posts.

Moderators: Dux, seeahill

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

PC Liftrunbangbro.

Post by Blaidd Drwg » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:25 pm

Ok...

I had the distinct misfortune of reading more than one of his recent works. Formerly found him to be a sharp interesting guy on the pibbs now appears to be continuing a descent int Alpha-tard logic. What has happened? Some of his op-ed pieces are pure doo doo slushy. and then there is the massive drug pig denialism.

Anyone who knows him well direct me to some redeeming material? I mean....Jamiedafag is loathsome and disgusting as a human and he's a worse writer but many of his training notions are top notch. Tell me PC has the good shit hidden in the bag some where.
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

Alfred_E._Neuman
Sgt. Major

Re: PC Liftrunbangbro.

Post by Alfred_E._Neuman » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:47 am

I got the original LRB ebook and thought it was pretty good. Still a little too much of that "modern Viking living into the modern world of pussified girly men" type of shit for me. Have only read a few of his blogs since then and it's only gotten worse.

The only sort of underground stremph book I've found in the last year or so I think is worth a damn is Tactical Barbell. Good lifting programming without the HARDKORE despite the name.
I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

Ryan
Sgt. Major

Post by Ryan » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:53 am

He's been spending a lot of time with Poliquin. They did some seminars together, now he's eaten the Poliquin fruit.
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” -George Carlin

Beer Jew
Sgt. Major

Post by Beer Jew » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:59 am

I've always been put off by the odd macho attitude. Dude spends forever railing about the pussyfication of men, then takes to his blog to talk about his feelings.

:ponder

Testiclaw

Post by Testiclaw » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:11 am

Beer Jew wrote:I've always been put off by the odd macho attitude. Dude spends forever railing about the pussyfication of men, then takes to his blog to talk about his feelings.

Yeah, I get really tired of the, "Real men are strong, this is what real men do, this is what they say, this is how they fuck, and women are biologically adapted to mate with alpha-males and I'm an alpha male and that's because I lift", etc., etc.

And, as mentioned, the whole, "steroids aren't as great as you think they are" tripe.

If you're on a gram or more, and eat a lot of protein, you're going to look "good" compared to just about anybody, as long as you follow a semi-non-retarded program.

Drugs change everything. Everything.
My cousin is a redheaded german-mexican, we call him a beanerschnitzel

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:43 am

Paul's training stuff is very solid...it's pretty conservative, basic stuff with built in progressions.

He's cracked the code, and makes a fuck ton of money from online shit, and you can bet all the shit he stirred up today netted him a nice, tidy profit.

The money at 'life coach' is bigger than the money at 'strength coach', and while his schtick isn't everyone's cup of tea, there are tons of people who do love it. It's all good. I don't see him giving any training advice that would fuck someone up.

Testiclaw

Post by Testiclaw » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:58 am

I have zero doubt that it rolls in the cash.

I guess I don't have it in me to tell people what the "right way" to be a man is.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:07 am

Honestly, I, personally, think Paul's a good dude. I've known him online for a long, long, long time...since something like '99. Ridiculously long.

We used to chat pretty frequently, and it was always a hoot.

I haven't talked to him in a long time though. It's different circles we travel in now.

Testiclaw

Post by Testiclaw » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:14 am

Oh, I've talked with him quite a bit. I like him, but he definitely kicks the rhetoric into high gear for his writing than he does with his casual training talk.

I suppose it wouldn't sell as well as the brocore stuff, and I totally support trying to get as much money for his work as he can.

I just respond better, and prefer, the casual training talk more than the morivational/tough speech kind of thing.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:37 am

I'm nobody's market anymore because I am "UNCOACHED"

Testiclaw

Post by Testiclaw » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:46 am

Shafpocalypse Now wrote:I'm nobody's market anymore because I am "UNCOACHED"
Drop the E and then get it tattooed across your knucks.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:08 am

uNCO AChe

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:12 am

Beer Jew wrote:I've always been put off by the odd macho attitude. Dude spends forever railing about the pussyfication of men, then takes to his blog to talk about his feelings.

I guess that is my real objection. Anyone who talks like that is simply a fuvking pussy. Full stop. A little jocular rhetoric between friends is funny, living the Schtick is just pure cuntery.

I say this not because I'm a BAMF by any stretch, nor am I athletically gifted or strong or brilliant... But I have met some real hard types, trained with freaks and world champs, stone killers and high speed low drag types. They are, to the last man the most gentle humble kind and generous people I have ever met. Seems to me that should factor in to the whole VIKING fucktard myth. (In fact Benni and hapthor are actual Vikings and they were chill as fuck and a little bit goofy tbh) There's always a difference between OL and RL... So maybe I should give him the benefit of the doubt.. But it's affected the product. Badly.
Last edited by Blaidd Drwg on Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Testiclaw

Post by Testiclaw » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:10 am

Blaidd Drwg wrote:

I guess that is my real objection. Anyone who talks like that is simply a fuvking pussy. Full stop. A little jocular rhetoric between friends is funny, living the Schtick is just pure cuntery.

I say this not because I'm a BAMF by any stretch, not am I gifted or strong or brilliant... But I have met some real hard types, trained with freaks and world champs, stone killers and high speed low drag types. They are, to the last man the most gentle humble kind and generous people I have ever met. Seems to me that should factor in to the whole biking fucktard myth. (In fact Benni and hapthor are actual Vikings and they were chill as fuck and a little bit goofy tbh) There's always a difference between OL and RL... So maybe I should give him the benefit of the doubt.. But it's affected the product. Badly.
Yep.

Rudy Van Horne
Lance Cpl.

Post by Rudy Van Horne » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:02 am

I don't know why certain lifting types feel their leisure activity makes them so harrrdkkorre. Especially the divs who need synthetic hormones, 6 - 8 meals a day and 10 hours a sleep a night to maintain their gay-ns, that's more like a strange new born baby than a Real True Man in my eyes.

Seems like the real alpha types invariably work in IT or something like that as well. Nothing wrong with that but you can tell it has an input in their need to show the world their masculine credentials.

Chaos and Pain went from posting 18 topless selfies per blog post to absolutely zero once people noticed he got a little fat. His self esteem seemingly hinged entirely on his single digit body fat percentage, and he was supposed to be destined for Valhalla?

I like my strength training hobby, and it's great to be big and strong-ish but I've got no illusions that it's nothing but a pure luxury afforded to me by my cushy western lifestyle, and is nearly directly opposite of hard core.

Lift-run-bang has descended into self parody, I hope he's making good money because his lion headed 'legacy' is swirling done the toilet.
Kipping for Jesus

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:04 pm

Fake tough guy bullshit with a dash of made-up indignation, plain and simple. He's so brave for taking on the Ashley Graham's of the world.

climber511
Gunny

Post by climber511 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:44 pm

I had never gone to his site before - and won't again. Guy must think he's perfect to be such a judgmental asshole.

Beer Jew
Sgt. Major

Post by Beer Jew » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:32 pm

Rudy Van Horne wrote:Especially the divs who need synthetic hormones, 6 - 8 meals a day and 10 hours a sleep a night to maintain their gay-ns, that's more like a strange new born baby
LMAO

Bob Wildes

Post by Bob Wildes » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:44 pm

All his blog posts are not lame.

He binge watched Breaking Bad shortly after the show ended. When he wrote about it, he made a lot
of sane, cogent thoughts.
"Tell A.P. Hill he must come up."

TomFurman
Sergeant Commanding

Post by TomFurman » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:07 pm

Shafpocalypse Now wrote:I'm nobody's market anymore because I am "UNCOACHED"
Have you started that Vision Board I required?
"There is only one God, and he doesn't dress like that". - - Captain America

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:09 pm

DONT NEED NO GAWDAYMED EBOOKZ AND POGROMS

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:14 pm

OTOH...most of teh people I meet are total cunts at planning their own training and have less than a fucking clue. 89% of the people on thei very board can't manage to follow a god damn program...PC's templates will work and won't kill you.

Koko, Beware
Gunny

Post by Koko, Beware » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:36 pm

Nuts and bolts:
1) I like PC's strength stuff from the LRB ebook era for our folks, who grew up on %s with 531 and have a really difficult time with more intuitive training. His stuff, esp the peaking work, always seemed relatively sensible in that Wendler use 90% kind of a way...works well for folks who want (need?) everything pretty spelled out and are willing to be conservative in their approach to goals.

2) Thought there was a pretty useful kernel in that article that lit everything else on fire: others have limned it out far more eloquently than I'm about to, but it's that whole aggressive victimhood thing--I don't/can't achieve X and you achieve X, so there must be something unfair afoot and you must be shaming me when you talk about working hard and making sacrifices to achieve X. That's garbage and it is more and more prevalent. I'm not even talking about participation trophies or that same old routine people get into...here's a perfect example:

Someone comes to my gym and we're talking about it and they ask how often they should be working out. I tell them that we look at these #s pretty carefully and that the people who enjoy consistent success by and large train 3 times a week. Immediately this person's eyes go wide and we get the speech about how they can't possibly come to the gym 3 times a week, how those people may have help with their child care (direct quote), etc. etc. They asked a question, they got a factual answer which used the word 'success', and all of the sudden a hate crime has been committed.
In the mill, getting down.
-Kotto

Kazuya Mishima
Sergeant Commanding

Post by Kazuya Mishima » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:02 pm

I DONT TAKE ADVISE FROM FAEK NATTYS

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:30 pm

Koko, Beware wrote: Thought there was a pretty useful kernel in that article that lit everything else on fire: others have limned it out far more eloquently than I'm about to, but it's that whole aggressive victimhood thing--I don't/can't achieve X and you achieve X, so there must be something unfair afoot and you must be shaming me when you talk about working hard and making sacrifices to achieve X. That's garbage and it is more and more prevalent.
That's a fair point.

People of all stripes seem really put out when you answer a simple question with an obvious answer.