Re: magnificent Mobility?

Post by Shafpocalypse Now » Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:27 am

Convince me. I want to believe

lenny
Corporal

Post by lenny » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:53 pm

https://volafile.io/r/QdHD9A

i uploaded the magnificent mobility dvd and the manual. it's there for 3 days. don't say i didn't do anything nice for you fuckers

Boris

Post by Boris » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:48 pm

Shafpocalypse Now wrote:Convince me. I want to believe
Probably not saying anything you haven't thought of, but on a very basic level, breathing well under stress is a critical skill.

If you acknowledge that properly applied stretching and breathing can relieve tension and improve mood/relaxation, then it's common sense that recovery and training will be impacted positively.

I haven't done much work w. football players, but have worked w. a few who improved recovery between exertions considerably after learning to breathe. A couple had lie-down-on-the-ground-between-sets-barfy-the-clown-xfititis issues - working on their breathing fixed those almost immediately.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:24 am

I was taught breathing for recovery and performance as a 14 year old half miler

"The slower you breathe, the faster you run"
"In the quarter mile you breathe in for 3 steps, the out for 3 steps. This stops side cramps"
"Breath through the nose, and out the nose until your final kick. Then out the mouth"

Simple shit like that made a big difference

Boris

Post by Boris » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:44 am

Shafpocalypse Now wrote:I was taught breathing for recovery and performance as a 14 year old half miler

"The slower you breathe, the faster you run"
"In the quarter mile you breathe in for 3 steps, the out for 3 steps. This stops side cramps"
"Breath through the nose, and out the nose until your final kick. Then out the mouth"

Simple shit like that made a big difference
You and I both know very well that "simple shit like that" is not common knowledge... You should do seminars for Crossfit.

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:01 am

I find it odd that Magnificent Mobility, a 10 year old product, is getting traction again. Wtf?

Yeah, I know Boris. Stuff told to make your track athletes run faster doesn't seem to make it to the box very often

Bob Wildes

Post by Bob Wildes » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:32 am

Shafpocalypse Now wrote:I find it odd that Magnificent Mobility, a 10 year old product, is getting traction again. Wtf?

Yeah, I know Boris. Stuff told to make your track athletes run faster doesn't seem to make it to the box very often
I mentioned because I recently purchased the Reactive Training Manual from Mike Tuscherer. I am not sure what year that booklet was first published.

Mike mentioned Magnificent Mobility which was probably the "hot" thing at the time. Mike did not seem to endorsing it whole heartedly. Just mentioned it in case a reader might need mobility work and that method might be as good as any that was then on the market.
"Tell A.P. Hill he must come up."