Juggaloo Strempf Syndicates

Stick to training related posts.

Moderators: Dux, seeahill

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Juggaloo Strempf Syndicates

Post by Blaidd Drwg » Mon May 02, 2016 5:46 pm

I was super critical of his spamtastic early efforts....The fact most people were shilling eBooks based on 531 and the occasionally terribly written piece. irked the shit out of me. He has a chance to do good work and it seemed like they were sluicing out doo doo.

In the intervening years, Chad Wesley Smith who squatted 905 in knee wraps only®, has cleaned it up, is consistently putting out content from sharp folks and most of the short for stuff is well done with a little bit of a takeaway burioed in each. It may be the Art of Manliness for powerlifters...but it's doing good work. I could be wrong...maybe it's still terrible but I think a lot of the articles there are really really useful, Mike T and Blaine and Max Aita esp. A lot of the non PL guys (The SM and CF stuff is wildly variable) are supporting him are also quite good. I gotta tip my hat for the effort they've put in taking over and expanding the role EliteFTS used to play. Good Job.
Last edited by Blaidd Drwg on Mon May 02, 2016 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Re: Juggaloo Strempf Syndicates

Post by Shafpocalypse Now » Mon May 02, 2016 5:48 pm

Really, I discount Aita because I heard him on Bell's podcast and thought he was a high functioning retard.

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg » Mon May 02, 2016 5:49 pm

Shafpocalypse Now wrote:Really, I discount Aita because I heard him on Bell's podcast and thought he was a high functioning retard.

I have not listened...but I felt the same way about Travis..oi...

Testiclaw

Post by Testiclaw » Mon May 02, 2016 5:50 pm

Max lifted in Belgrade and here in Bozeman for a while. He's a good kid, good lifter. Kinda flat in the personality department.
My cousin is a redheaded german-mexican, we call him a beanerschnitzel

Shafpocalypse Now
Lifetime IGer

Post by Shafpocalypse Now » Tue May 03, 2016 2:13 am

Yeah, Travis is similar. I can't remember if I've ever read anything from him.

Juggy has stepped it up. EliteFTS is pretty weak with interesting articles nowadays. I like Swede's stuff usually, but I don't feel like scraping through the muck at the bottom of a outhouse to find a watch someone might or might not have dropped in there.

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Post by Blaidd Drwg » Tue May 03, 2016 3:08 am

Testiclaw wrote:Max lifted in Belgrade and here in Bozeman for a while. He's a good kid, good lifter. Kinda flat in the personality department.
Had he switched from OL when he was in MT?

Testiclaw

Post by Testiclaw » Tue May 03, 2016 5:22 am

Blaidd Drwg wrote:
Testiclaw wrote:Max lifted in Belgrade and here in Bozeman for a while. He's a good kid, good lifter. Kinda flat in the personality department.
Had he switched from OL when he was in MT?
No, he was still plugging away at oly. He had his fubar'd wrist, though. He was a pretty skinny little guy when I first met him. I was still competing at the time, so I was a big boy.

There are two oly coaches in Belgrade he worked with. He eventually left and that's when he moved to California Strength.
My cousin is a redheaded german-mexican, we call him a beanerschnitzel

I dig big chicks
Staff Sergeant

Post by I dig big chicks » Tue May 03, 2016 2:56 pm

I think it's a good resource for basic to intermediate stuff, especially for my powerlifters. It's a lot off basic stuff, but it's sound, basic advice. I avoid the forums, and I read the weightlfiting shit for a different perspective, but for a true intermediate level lifter it's good shit.

The whole Bulgarian thing with Aita is fucking annoying, and just a money grab, but fuck it, I would have done the moneygrab, too.