high-rep, low-weight rehab

Stick to training related posts.

Moderators: Dux, seeahill

dead man walking
Sergeant Commanding

high-rep, low-weight rehab

Post by dead man walking » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:27 pm

was it b.d. who said you can fix troubled shoulders with high rep presses using low weights? bill starr recommended high-rep broomstick good mornings for a fuct back.

so how high is high for reps? and how low is low for weights?

i'm a little tired of the nagging pains. maybe i'll come back as a sensible athlete in my next life. until then, i'm curious if there's a remedy in this one.
Really Big Strong Guy: There are a plethora of psychopaths among us.

Blaidd Drwg
Lifetime IGer

Re: high-rep, low-weight rehab

Post by Blaidd Drwg » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:30 pm

dead man walking wrote:was it b.d. who said you can fix troubled shoulders with high rep presses using low weights? bill starr recommended high-rep broomstick good mornings for a fuct back.

so how high is high for reps? and how low is low for weights?

i'm a little tired of the nagging pains. maybe i'll come back as a sensible athlete in my next life. until then, i'm curious if there's a remedy in this one.
You can fix a lot of things that way.

For me it was very light clubbell rotations shield cast I think it's called...30-250 reps in sets of 20-50.

"He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that." JS Mill

powerlifter54
Sergeant Commanding

Re: high-rep, low-weight rehab

Post by powerlifter54 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:30 pm

My friend, a 62 year old powerlifter who has moved to deadlift only after many injuries and leukemia, had a hip replacement 2 years ago. He also pulls sumo so he earned his bad hip. i on the other hand unfairly have been afflicted with my hip issues even pulling conventional like a real 'merican. Anyway, he had the posterior approach which goes through glute and piriformis and lots of other tissue. Not cutting but a lot more tissue impact than the anterior approach i am getting. We talked this past weekend and he showed me his training log, Two weeks post surgery he started high box squatting to a bench at 55lbs. 4 sets of 10. Added 5-10 lbs and did two workouts a week. 6 weeks post surgery he started conventional DL and some TBDL. Started around 135 for sets of 10. One dl workout a week.

So i will let you know how the rehab goes as that is my rough plan. 6 weeks for bone to attach fully to Bionic Components.

Let the games begin.
"Start slowly, then ease off". Tortuga Golden Striders Running Club, Pensacola 1984.

"But even snake wrestling beats life in the cube, for me at least. In measured doses."-Lex