Ronnie Coleman

Stick to training related posts.

Moderators: Dux, seeahill

Sangoma
Sergeant Commanding

Ronnie Coleman

Post by Sangoma » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:35 am

I just heard on some podcast and checked it out - Ronnie Coleman underwent shitload of surgeries. Another illustration for not emulating top athletes' training methods.

7 Surgeries Later, Ronnie Can’t Walk, but He’s Fighting
This is indeed very sad to hear. The man who was once at the pinnacle of the most prestigious bodybuilding show in the world, has now been reduced to a wheelchair. One can’t help but wonder the kind of thoughts that would go through your mind; you were the top bodybuilder for eight consecutive years, your combination of mass and muscle quality has not yet been equaled, nor the feats of doing 1-ton leg presses in preparation for a show.

All that is past now, and the consequences of such aggressive methods of packing on literal slabs of muscle is evident. No one man should have to endure numerous strings of surgery because of how hard and heavy he trained. But in this instance, I am proved otherwise.

Bram
Sergeant Commanding

Re: Ronnie Coleman

Post by Bram » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:35 pm

That sucks for Ronnie, lifted some very heavy weights for a lean guy.
"My candle burns at both ends; It will not last the night; But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends—It gives a lovely light!" - Edna St. Vincent Millay

Ericc
Sgt. Major

Re: Ronnie Coleman

Post by Ericc » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:57 pm

He's on the mend and back to light lifting from last I heard, although I believe more surgeries are scheduled